1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 76
ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
11/22/13 10:44 p.m.

In reply to JonMopar:

So I had a peek at your garage, as I do with all the new guys. I've never said this before, and I may never again, but... nice Sebring!

JonMopar
JonMopar New Reader
11/23/13 9:04 p.m.

In reply to ValuePack:

hehe, thanks! It's a Sebring in name....but the Coupes shared not much with the sedan and ragtop. They had more in common with a 1G/2G Mitsubishi Eclipse than anything else, which is kind of nice. Those 4G63s 2.0s and 3.0 V6s fit in quite nicely

I'll add to the garage section soon. There's more oddities where that came from.

LapisACR
LapisACR New Reader
12/4/13 11:50 a.m.

I have yet to take pics, sorry... But i do love this little car, it is not as fast as my SRT4, but still fun to drive. i have already taken it to deals gap.

JonMopar
JonMopar New Reader
12/17/13 11:08 p.m.

In reply to LapisACR:

So do you still have a Lapis ACR?? (wanna sell it?! lol). Ya, would love to see pics. I'll have to get some more pics of my lapis coupe.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
12/18/13 8:59 a.m.

yes, he still has mine. pm me and ill sxend you his number so you can make an offedr he cant refuse if youre still looking.

JonMopar
JonMopar New Reader
12/18/13 11:07 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

thanks so much!! Im still too new to send PMs yet, dont have a high enough post count, but email his me his info to jonmopar@hotmail .com

I totally appreciate it.

JonMopar
JonMopar New Reader
12/30/13 9:40 p.m.

Any updates?

Merry x-mas/Happy new year btw

JonMopar
JonMopar New Reader
1/6/14 1:16 a.m.

I found him on .org. Super nice guy but it's not for sale lol...said he turned down $8k!(Which is bananas if true, but props to him loving it so much tho. Nice car).

Mazda787b
Mazda787b Reader
1/6/14 8:48 a.m.

Not to E36 M3 on anyone's parade, but $8k for a Lapis Blue 1gn ACR? Going out on a limb and saying that's crazy. I could see $5k on the high side.

I know of much nicer, rarer Neons (NYG Plymouth ACR, Export cars, Challenge Cars) which went for way less.

Good luck on your search, they're out there if you look hard enough.

JonMopar
JonMopar New Reader
1/6/14 10:22 p.m.

Haha, I didn't want to say anything, because he seemed like a genuinely nice guy, and loves his car...but ya, $8k is crazy. IDK what he paid for it, but it probably wasn't half that. They go for cheap, $1500-2500 on average. Heck, I missed a clean one w/70k (only problem was a bad ground keeping it from starting) for $400!! With that said, I'm willing to pair a good dollar for the right car.

Mazda787b
Mazda787b Reader
1/7/14 12:17 a.m.

Mine was close to Mint and I got $3500 for it. Had some rare parts too (Kosei K1s, Keystone Viper Hood, MPX Fuel Rail). Konis were still good and interior was 8.5/10 due to wear on the driver's bolster.

You should be able to find a really nice one for $4k. There was an ex-challenge car that was pretty much stock down to the original decal package that went for ~$3500. On the high side, there is one mint Challenge car the guy wanted like $8k for. However, it is a very well-documented 1 of 1 car. I know of one other that could pull that kind of coin.

The fact is, any ACR you come across nowadays is missing the Konis or they need a rebuild. That isn't cheap unfortunately nowadays. I'd also rather have one with a stock engine. If I had a swapped one, I'd like to do it myself and make sure it was done right.

I don't know. I love these cars and am extremely picky. One day I'll pick up another and throw my ITBs on.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
1/7/14 8:55 a.m.

id put 8k on what he figures is break even. he wanted it lots more than i did, and has treated her right. new wngine went in over the weekend, kosei K1 wheels, neon srt4acr interior, etc.

i kinda miss the little car. it was a lot of fun .

Advan046
Advan046 Reader
1/17/14 9:13 a.m.
JonMopar wrote: Heck, I missed a clean one w/70k (only problem was a bad ground keeping it from starting) for $400!!

My cousin almost made that mistake of selling her neon because it wouldn't start due to a broken ground strap. Luckily I happened to stop by her house for a family function and she mentioned her plight so needless to say 20 minutes later she had a fully running car again. She was almost disappointed not to HAVE to get a new car. HaHA

I miss my neons. They had to go when I was relocated from MI to VA. I would never have gotten them through VA inspections. The full cage was just not going to pass and even sitting with michigan plates people get rewarded by VA DMV for informing the police about cars like that. ahh michigan! I miss it.

Nice to see your neon work running strong! I even still smile when I hear the intake noise of that nice 2.0L neon motor. Even when it is coming from the first gen Mini's.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/27/18 2:43 p.m.

So, im awaiting current status pictures and a firm starting price on buying this car back. I know that the paint has failed some, and it needs a motor. And reassembled. 

This is the one that got away. The only car out of about 60 that i want back, and regret selling. The one that is completely irrational as far as an investment. 

The guy i sold it to did not treat it nicely, and is in prrtty rough financial straights right now. 

Well see what the weekend holds.

Anyone got a good running 2.0 dohc?

Dusterbd13-michael
12/29/18 10:51 a.m.

Hes on his way to where the car is stored. Apparently has a pile of parts to go with it, including a 2.4 swap. And wants my bmw.....

I need to make this as rational of a decision as i can. I will probably make a specific thread on it in the main forum with as much detail as i can, so y'all, being disinterested enablers with a penchant for being cheap, can help me make a GOOD decision. 

wae
wae SuperDork
12/29/18 11:28 a.m.

I much prefer the absurd amounts of power that my 2.0 turbo setup made and the current 2.4 turbo setup makes, but I had a chance to drive Tim's 2.4 N/A swap and it was much more streetable.  As long as it is a SEBC block, the 2.4 swap is mostly straightforward with a handful of junkyard parts and moving some pins around.

Dusterbd13-michael
1/4/19 1:07 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

aaaaannnnnnd.......

its been sold. all for the best I guess. was having a hard time driving it ith my knee. got cash and a 99 neon dohc coupe with an atx and 80k on it. if I like the new neon, it'll get its own build thread. if not, I already have a buyer for it.

Aaaaaaannnnnnnnnd......

5 years and some change later its coming home. With a 1998 neon rt as well.

I go pick up the first load of parts sunday. 

Time to get my tow dolly skills back.

Plan is restore the acr with the best parts of the pile, and gastropod/flip the r/t. 

Sale price for it all was $2500. Makes it a $1250 car for challenge purposes, right? Or a 2k rt with a 500 parts car? Or....

Hell, i dunno. But i got the one that got away BACK.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/4/19 1:20 p.m.

Interested in details on the RT/buying it possibly. 

Dusterbd13-michael
1/4/19 1:21 p.m.

Ill keep you in mind!

I know it needs an engine, and has every option except abs and leather.

And its white.

Professor_Brap
1/4/19 1:28 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Thoes are 2 options I dont really like to begin with lol. 

Dusterbd13-michael
1/4/19 1:35 p.m.

Giggity. 

We can definitely work something out. 

Have a fresh 2.0 dohc handy? 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/4/19 1:39 p.m.

Your price is however you and the seller break it down.  I would assume 500 for the base price of the car you want is fair, then break everything else down from there.

also LOL 2012 challenge.  Pretty sure i wanted to get my 40 pickup to that one.  

Dusterbd13-michael
1/4/19 2:01 p.m.

I started trying to get to the challenge in 08 or so. First, amc. Then s10. Then neon. Then the amc again and made it. Now with miata this year....

I want to build a gastropod car. I want to OWN a day 2 resto of an acr. 

Day 2 resto is all the period correct tweaks that would have been dobe shortly after the car was purchased new by an enthusiast. In this case, tti header, thermal r&d exhaust, bigger sway bar, iceman intake, 15 inch wheels, etc. 

Hardest part is trying to find 90s vintage graphics that look good, not super street.

But i haven't looked that hard yet....

Professor_Brap
1/4/19 3:06 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I do not have any dohc motors laying around, but do have some sohc. 

There are some great graphic options floating around still.

Dusterbd13-michael
1/4/19 3:09 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap :

If you find them, hotlink!

I remember a strobe stripe up the hood over the bulge, but cannot find ANYTHING on them.....

Im really, stupidly, over excited. I need to finish the challenge car and get the shop squared away again before i dig into the cars too hard.

And, you know, get them here. Ones in Goldsboro  the other in southern Virginia ....

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 76

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2IVnWRUTVOigHunQ9QOFDKKwsAmfbZc8jOyQoyKnWSNWRpoyozcbTfA38E0ALcfZ