1 ... 17 18 19
Bobcougarzillameister
Bobcougarzillameister MegaDork
12/6/17 11:15 a.m.

DRove mine today. Rio has a leaking front tire. It was 29*when I left gr house with no heater. Yeah.... I’m fixing that tire tonight or carrying an air tank. 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee UberDork
12/6/17 1:32 p.m.
Cousin_Eddie said:
759NRNG said:

Pssst.......thatsnownnebago,I hear that Cousin Eddy is fixin'  to move his C10 stepside in march of next year......check it

I've been driving the truck a bit lately while my Miata is apart. Every time I drive it, the sale price goes up a little bit. If we have a mild winter here in Texas, and I keep putting miles on it, come March no one will be able to afford it.

I need to be on the mailing list when that goes to market. I doubt I can afford it by then, but I still want to lust and cry when it's gone. Holy hell that thing is NICE!

Bobcougarzillameister
12/7/17 9:40 a.m.

And it's broken again. Pulling onto my road, the right front brake hose let loose. Not a surprise to be honest. They were pretty rotten and I had planned to replace them with some Russell braided lines anyway.... just not NOW. On top of that, the radiator is done. LEaking from multiple spots (left tank, 2 spots in the core).  That one I wasn't expecting just yet. 

So.... go full boat silly and buy a nice aluminum with fans and shroud or use my current fan and use a parts house OE replacement? 

Bobcougarzillameister
12/7/17 9:50 a.m.
759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
12/7/17 10:04 a.m.

Yes right away......Merry Early Christmas to yooooouuuuuu

Bobcougarzillameister
12/27/17 10:09 a.m.

New shiny pieces arrived yesterday. 29x18 3-core aluminum rad and russel braided lines for hte front hoses. Should be large enough to keep it cool. If not.... I likely ended up on the surface of the sun and engine overheating is likely the least of my worries then.

Bobcougarzillameister
1/22/18 9:26 a.m.

apparently I got something done yesterday. 

ok maybe two things. 

Bobcougarzillameister
1/22/18 10:13 a.m.

Bobcougarzillameister
1/22/18 10:21 a.m.

So I learned the new radiator was about 2" taller than the old one. That made the pretty chrome top hold down plate useless. So I had to make a pair of new brackets that bolt into the top of the radiator. They turned out pretty well, needs to be taken back off and paint them so they don't rust. 

Hoses were surprisingly easy. Until I realized I was out of brake fluid. Also clearanced the inside hub of the front wheels because the hub size was too small. 

Bob the REAL oil guy.
Bob the REAL oil guy. MegaDork
1/29/18 10:37 a.m.

FINALLY! Got it back on the road yesterday. fluids bled, caliper replaced. Test drove. Much better. Brake pedal was still a little squishy so I rebled it. If today was going to be like yesterday I wanted to drive it in. Sadly, the temps dropped 30* over night and we have flurries. Nope. staying warm and comfy. 

Saturday was at the Tire Rack getting tires for the new Forte. Also picked up a pair of 255/40/17 RT-615K+ tires. They are also nice and warm in hte computer room. 

1 ... 17 18 19
Our Preferred Partners
QR3UWBjArWOx9rBIw16bViRFclHtxJiy