1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 34
sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/3/18 11:36 a.m.

any linkage for Indy's AutoX results (manual google snooping was unsucessful)

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/3/18 2:18 p.m.

I don't believe they've been released yet. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/3/18 3:20 p.m.

WIFE found some free buckets on sliders on the side of the road. This could be interesting. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/5/18 7:22 a.m.

Some new additions this week. 

Astro van seats the wife found on the side of the road and somehow managed to stuff into the koup. Heads look gorgeous. Now just waiting for the machine shop to get back to me on the block

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/5/18 8:19 a.m.

Cool seats. They don't look like Astro factory seats but I cant place what they came from. However, since you are a less than 2 hours from the customized van capital of the world, they could be aftermarkets pulled out of an Astro. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/5/18 8:42 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

These have tags on the bottom side stating they are astro seats but I believe they are some form of custome seat. 

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/5/18 1:39 p.m.

sleepykid#1 likes watching these sailing videos...

so, I had a different bucket in mind when you first posted that.  I was very confused.  blush

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/5/18 2:18 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

yeah..... no. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/23/18 7:51 a.m.

Block is done. Picking it up tomorrow night after work. Stock bore, cleaned up really well. Mahle pistons and rods cleaned, checked and good as well. YAY! Now to get a cam.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/27/18 7:55 a.m.

damn, I was hoping to put the engine together this weekend but the crank won't be here until Monday. Hoping to get this together before the Cam Challenge.

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/27/18 7:45 p.m.

Mmmmm fresh engine for CAM Challenge! Make it so.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/28/18 7:40 a.m.

Having a hard time getting the correct rings. They are Mahle pistons, they have T201 and 101v4 stamped on the inside. Every set of rings I have tried the center ring is too thick. 

How do I find the right ones?

SkinnyG
SkinnyG SuperDork
7/28/18 11:36 a.m.

Contact Mahle?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/28/18 2:54 p.m.

In reply to SkinnyG :

Funny thing is I think these are stock GM. I found an 8 digit number in the piston face that looks like a gm part number. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/29/18 6:24 p.m.

apparently these are ZZ4/ LT1 pistons. well... that is interesting. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/30/18 7:53 a.m.

YAY! Found the rings. A little more than "normal" SBC pistons ($70 for a set instead of $50) but I guess I am happy to know what these are. Also makes me curious where this thing actually came from prior to Patrick's aquisition. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
7/30/18 7:57 a.m.

Could it have been a zz4 short block swapped to tbi?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/30/18 8:56 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

I don't think so. the ZZ4's were 4-bolt mains and this is a 2-bolt. It also had brass freeze plugs rather than the normal TBI steel. But it definitely had the TBI heads and cam. So who knows what this mutt was. 

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
7/30/18 9:18 a.m.

The machine shop I use told me that a low buck lighter weight setup for a 350 was to use LT1 pistons (92-97) with a 305 crank. Balance was close enough that it didn't require balancing. Might be what was done to your engine.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/30/18 9:23 a.m.

I'm just glad I finally figured out what these things were. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/31/18 8:11 a.m.

Also.... if I'm using stock rocker arms, do I still need pushrod guide plates?

SkinnyG
SkinnyG SuperDork
7/31/18 9:37 a.m.

The stock old-school rocker arms need guide plates.

The stock newer-style rocker arms (with "ears" that straddle the valve stem, used in center-bolt style heads) do not.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/31/18 9:45 a.m.

In reply to SkinnyG :

the self centering newer rocker is what I have. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/1/18 7:17 a.m.

FINALLY! Got the right rings. Mahle rings to go on the Mahle pistons. I can start putting things together now. YAY! Still got a lot of parts to order but I'm getting there. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/6/18 7:13 a.m.

Got the trans rebolted. Crank and cam are in the block. shoulder was in so much pain yesterday that I never got the pistons stuck in yet. Getting old sucks. 

1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 34

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b90JY9aC9s1O8hEjFIB7tmSCc5UF89zwHX0MkcElX9plnZw3bwGqrbBBkouEA1s4