1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 34
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/9/18 7:35 a.m.

First time it's fired up since.... well... a while. She's rough. Temp is all over the place. If this motor makes it past this weekend I'll be shocked. 

edit: The good news is the trans shifts much better. Seems like the more miles I put on it the better it shifts and the less noise it makes. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/10/18 10:58 a.m.

Thats a 2017 Chevy Cruze sitting next to the truck. I think the ride height may be about right

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/10/18 11:09 a.m.

Needs more roof chop. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/10/18 11:39 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

You shut your piehole! cheeky I got enough body work to do as it is. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/10/18 11:49 a.m.

Yup.

And a stock floor body drop.

Maybe nosed and decked, with a good smoothing afterwards.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/10/18 12:39 p.m.

No no no no no no. I have never liked body drops, chopped roofs, channeling etc. I like stock body lines. Just nicer. 

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
8/10/18 8:56 p.m.
bobzilla said:

No no no no no no. I have never liked body drops, chopped roofs, channeling etc. I like stock body lines. Just nicer. 

You are not alone :)

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
8/10/18 10:53 p.m.
bobzilla said:

Ive always thought of body drops as a mini truck thing, but I agree 100% about chopping the top on trucks. Yuck

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/11/18 3:39 a.m.

With how tall Bob is, any reduction of the body would probably require a Gurney Bump in the roof cheeky

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
8/11/18 7:53 a.m.

IMHO Cousin Eddy is the King of square body C-10 stance, but alas he's moved on to the ANSWER

mazdeuce - Seth
8/11/18 8:06 a.m.
sleepyhead said:

With how tall Bob is, any reduction of the body would probably require a Gurney Bump in the roof cheeky

The world needs this. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/11/18 6:14 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:
sleepyhead said:

The world needs this. 

I want to hate this but I’m having a hard time. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/11/18 6:39 p.m.

My pro street c10 has a mild chop.  I have bucket seats and there’s still plenty of headroom (I’m 6’2”).

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/14/18 7:44 a.m.

Well, it didn't blow up even though I tried. REALLY tried. but she's definitely down on power, even more so than before. Blew the heater core on my first run on Saturday. Let it cool, bypassed it and made the rest of the weekend without a hitch. 9 runs, 320 miles and it only burned a quart of oil. Damnit.... this engine won't die. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/14/18 7:53 a.m.

It has long been said that a small block chevy will run damaged longer than others will run.

Your experience is proving that to be true 

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
8/14/18 8:29 a.m.

New pistons/rings ,cam, heads........why is this hurt?? One quart in 320mi......woof! 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/14/18 8:52 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

That engine hasn't been finished yet. THis is the old unknown engine. The one that was "rebuilt a couple years ago" and is bright orange.  and leaks from everywhere. 

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
8/14/18 9:10 a.m.

Well then let the abuse continue KaBlooyee time anyone???

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/14/18 12:54 p.m.

Sideways truck is sideways.

It really does look better in photos than in person. 

mazdeuce - Seth
8/14/18 1:37 p.m.
bobzilla said:

That chain swing is so legit. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/14/18 1:43 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:
bobzilla said:

That chain swing is so legit. 

I hadn't even noticed! In the old Elantra I had a shell l'ai that hung from the mirror that I used to determine lateral load. Now it's chain swing!

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/14/18 2:46 p.m.

Someone should get a raccoon tail to hang off the back of Seth's Accord...

ala the Opel Manta Foxtail...

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
8/14/18 6:48 p.m.

Chain swing or chain sway ......hmmmm known to only a select group..............GRM  where else

MazDseth ........a sticky perhaps to be applied after a successful run?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/22/18 7:10 a.m.

Well, since it wouldn't blow up at the Cam challenge, I'm going to take it Saturday to work our track day at putnam park and get my free 20 minute session at the end of the day. Maybe THAT will kill it good. 

mazdeuce - Seth
8/22/18 7:32 a.m.

VERY curious to see how you like it on an actual track. There's going to be a long week of testing in the spring where you can drive six different tracks in one week. Good way to shake down the new motor. Something to keep in the back of your mind. laugh

1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 34

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ldatD6M1x1D1Av9NkLjNKuxfPmLqHTocvqFlxCyWBTCCXpauzvgEmhxLeK0fYiiG