1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34
Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
4/28/17 11:10 a.m.

Amazon. It's a Dakota Digital VHX series.

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/28/17 5:20 p.m.

Thanks for the information. It looks like a nice setup. I'll be curious to know your opinion of it after you get it installed and working.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
4/28/17 5:36 p.m.
ShawneeCreek wrote: Thanks for the information. It looks like a nice setup. I'll be curious to know your opinion of it after you get it installed and working.

If it works it'll be 100x's better than what I had.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/1/17 9:08 a.m.

Got a lot of good stuff done this weekend. REar brake lines are attached. Still haven't figured out my e-brake cables, but I'm not that worried right now. Got the front light harness out and the new back in. Rear light harness yanked. Pulled the wiring for the dual tanks (that it no longer has), pulled the speedo-cable and that is where I ran out of steam. there were 4 patches on the left rear lights. 4. 4 different places with butt connectors.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/1/17 9:13 a.m.

Proof I'm not too fat to fit under the truck!

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/1/17 10:06 a.m.

Also... transmission swap is going to be stupid easy. The frame is drilled in multiple locations for longer transmissions.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/2/17 3:51 p.m.

Tires showednup a day early! The tread measures at 10" wide. Much better than the 205-70-15 up front.

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
5/2/17 6:38 p.m.

BobZ, check this out when you get close to engine redo http://www.purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/techinfo/350%20chevy%20engine.html This rascal is impressive even with 'small' 1.94 int valve heads on pump gas, check the torque curve ...... FLAT Lookin good bro

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/2/17 8:06 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

That bench seat is gonna be fun the first time you take a turn at speed, seat belt or not.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/3/17 8:48 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett:

Yeah, learned that the hard way on hte drive home. Abs got one helluva workout holding ourselves upright going through the 2 lane mountain roads. It WILL get a pair of buckets/console and harness bar but not this year.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/3/17 8:50 a.m.

Here they are stacked up:

I didn't realize how BIG they were going to be. 4 tires filled our 5'8" crew cab bed dropping them off at the tire shop.

Also, rear wiring is 95% done. I need to find a 2 prong marine(I'm guessing) round connector to connect the tail lights of hte stepside to the harness. Luckily that won't require getting back under it again. So tonight will be the first time back down on it's own wheels and tires.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/3/17 8:54 a.m.

Cut the factory connector off. Use a 2 pin weatherpack connector.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/3/17 8:58 a.m.

but the factory has a nice grommet that holds it to the body. Its the tailight side that has been hacked to hell and back.

EDIT: and by "factory" I mean all the new stuff. what was there before were wires rubbing on the hole in the body. I don't want to go back to that.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/3/17 9:20 a.m.

Pictures will help. If I can see what you are talking about, we can come up with a good solution.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG SuperDork
5/3/17 9:40 a.m.

Your tails might only have one ground wire. Add a second one.

Although your truck isn't as rusty as mine is.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/3/17 9:46 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

I meant to take a couple this morning and spaced it. I was excited about dropping the wheels and tires off.

Wait....

And here is what it looks like on hte truck side:

and one more:

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/3/17 9:47 a.m.

In reply to SkinnyG:

You mean no rust. I've got a lot of tail light wiring left over if you need any for a fleet side.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/3/17 9:50 a.m.

So which part do you need a solution to? The bullet terminals into the connector?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/3/17 9:51 a.m.

Yeah, the part that plugs into the truck side. I'll get a pic tonight. It's round and has two spades that stick out and a seperate one for the backup lights.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/3/17 10:25 a.m.

Also, I have become a berkeleying master at crimping those connectors with needle nose pliers. Seriously epic how well they hold when I'm done. I used to curse them, not I laugh.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/3/17 12:39 p.m.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/3/17 12:54 p.m.

Beautiful!

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/3/17 12:55 p.m.

There's a bit more sidewall pinch than I'd like.... but thats what you get when you stuff a 10+ inch tire on a 8.5" wheels.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/3/17 2:18 p.m.

those are good looking rims though. Curious to see how they look on the truck.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/3/17 2:35 p.m.

In reply to grover:

We'll know in 4 more hours.

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wgnasxGBXUY1Ir86Ed1AVUQVXIpIXrjDFrg7G6YsFxnScXMDK35DutTU0rYYG3d7