1 ... 57 58 59 60
Doubleoh9
Doubleoh9 New Reader
11/9/17 2:40 p.m.

This whole thing is incredible. It almost looks like a Forza game in the pictures 

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
11/10/17 12:03 p.m.
Doubleoh9 said:

This whole thing is incredible. It almost looks like a Forza game in the pictures 

Someone told me they added the jalpa to forza.  Which makes me want to buy an xbox.  I don't know if that's true or not though.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
12/4/17 3:45 p.m.

So, any news or updates? I guess with winter right around the corner, it might just be time to tuck it in for a long nap?

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
12/4/17 3:51 p.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury :

Yep.  Just not posted here, but on his bookface account.  I think the most recent update was that the headlight motors work again and quite well too!

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
12/4/17 4:17 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

I'm pretty sure he got the shift linkage sorted too. 

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
12/4/17 4:31 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Yes, that was the previous update before the headlights.

If you wanted to get technical, he rolled it out of the garage the other night to put a friend's car in so they could change the timing belt.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
12/4/17 4:35 p.m.

Still no video of it moving?

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
12/4/17 4:49 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Uh...

https://www.facebook.com/derek.mccallister/videos/10154814300676744/

https://www.facebook.com/derek.mccallister/videos/10154814264421744/

 

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
12/4/17 5:57 p.m.
Stefan said:

In reply to NOHOME :

Uh...

https://www.facebook.com/derek.mccallister/videos/10154814300676744/

https://www.facebook.com/derek.mccallister/videos/10154814264421744/

 

Nope...nothing there! Linky no worky.

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
12/4/17 8:23 p.m.

I'm working on a video now for y'all.  Gimme a minute to upload it to youtube.  Life has been a bit wild and i've been slacking.

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
12/4/17 8:37 p.m.
NOHOME said:
Stefan said:

In reply to NOHOME :

Uh...

https://www.facebook.com/derek.mccallister/videos/10154814300676744/

https://www.facebook.com/derek.mccallister/videos/10154814264421744/

 

Nope...nothing there! Linky no worky.

Gotstabehisbookfacefriend

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
12/4/17 8:38 p.m.
Stefan said:
NOHOME said:
Stefan said:

In reply to NOHOME :

Uh...

https://www.facebook.com/derek.mccallister/videos/10154814300676744/

https://www.facebook.com/derek.mccallister/videos/10154814264421744/

 

Nope...nothing there! Linky no worky.

Gotstabehisbookfacefriend

Yeah i set them to friends only.  Youtube vid incoming though :)

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
12/4/17 9:06 p.m.

I got a warning from the neighborhood cop over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od-AXa8GLMs&feature=youtu.be

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
12/4/17 9:09 p.m.

for those who want the most recent test drive

https://youtu.be/Od-AXa8GLMs?t=483

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
12/5/17 10:15 p.m.

In reply to corsepervita :

They did. But it's an 88.

Forza Horizon 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSZAnLJCy2g

Forza 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpCoWCT3zoA

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
12/5/17 10:20 p.m.
N7Prime said:

In reply to corsepervita :

They did. But it's an 88.

Forza Horizon 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSZAnLJCy2g

Forza 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpCoWCT3zoA

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
12/6/17 12:04 a.m.
N7Prime said:

In reply to corsepervita :

They did. But it's an 88.

Forza Horizon 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSZAnLJCy2g

Forza 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpCoWCT3zoA

I must say their attention to detail is staggeringly good.  They did a damn good job even on the interior layout.

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
12/7/17 3:40 p.m.

The WallStreet Journal called me today and wants to put my car in a column piece they're doing.  Is it OK if I mention GRM?  I would hope so?  They apparently were referred my direction from Jack at VLG.  I'm not even sure how to react to this.  I'm just a nerdy dude who likes cars.

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
12/7/17 3:44 p.m.
corsepervita said:

The WallStreet Journal called me today and wants to put my car in a column piece they're doing.  Is it OK if I mention GRM?  I would hope so?  They apparently were referred my direction from Jack at VLG.  I'm not even sure how to react to this.  I'm just a nerdy dude who likes cars.

I don't see why not, tell the entire story with all of the detail you can think of, point them at this thread, etc.  Its up to the writer and the editor to put the story together and publish it.  Considering the work you've done, I'd say you've earned it and to just roll with it.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/7/17 3:49 p.m.

I am pretty sure if I owned a vintage Lambo I would buy a pair of Ford Mustang Renauld Spectaculars sunglasses and have "On Days Like These" on repeat (but probably stop the music if I started driving thru a tunnel).

 

Man this thread is fantastic and super cool that the WSJ called you.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
12/7/17 5:04 p.m.

What's the angle for their story?  Specifically, why are they interested?

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
12/7/17 6:01 p.m.
Jerry From LA said:

What's the angle for their story?  Specifically, why are they interested?

They contacted the vintage lamborghini garage looking for interesting cars.  Jack Riddell (owner of VLG) referred them my way and shared the build info.  So he reached out and is interested in it.  They want to talk a bit about the history of the v8 cars and lamborghinis in general.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Reader
12/7/17 8:09 p.m.

I liken this build to say, American cars that wind up in countries with poor American car part availability so they improvise. Sure, if someone is restoring a Countach they get to use a lot more factory parts, but between part unavailability and cost your Jalpa work has created an interesting angle for a story.

HikerDan
HikerDan New Reader
12/8/17 5:34 p.m.

Way cool on the WSJ story! And that sound!.... that engine noise is totally intoxicating.

corsepervita
corsepervita HalfDork
12/11/17 2:02 p.m.

Photoshoot with the Wallstreet Journal is CONFIRMED.  This coming sunday!  Will keep y'all posted.  Made a few changes to the cabin area.  Going to leave the carpet cover off and made the area for the engine bay area transparent for a little extra italian symphony noise.

1 ... 57 58 59 60
Our Preferred Partners
cmI0JJq22eIFpbBBlCnNusiZH97LWc4f