1 2
eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
1/6/14 6:33 p.m.

Cool One of the last service stations near my parents house (gas and auto repair) had one of those as a plow truck. For the last several years they had it, I think they only used it on their lot, and I never saw it move except during the winter.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/6/14 7:16 p.m.

In reply to eastsidemav:

I had only seen the older one the Shriner's use to use in parade's until I saw this one. did a little research on Pirate4x4 over the last few days and really saw some cool builds.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/8/14 9:18 a.m.

Neat find, Bill. Is it terminally rusty?

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
1/8/14 11:26 a.m.

In reply to Billy_Bottle_Caps:

They are definitely rare around me. Not sure I've seen one in years. When I was younger, I saw the service station one almost every day, but even back then, it was pretty much the only one I'd see.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
1/8/14 12:30 p.m.

Nice. I've never been overly fond of these, but that one actually looks like fun. They don't seem too uncommon around here. I know where one has been sitting outside for decades, and I know I've seen another in a yard recently. One of the we-finance lots locally had a fully restored one a while back, two tone paint, lots of chrome bits. Somebody put a lot of work into something that ended up looking like Liberace's farm truck. Yours is much better.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/8/14 6:51 p.m.

In reply to psteav:

I don't think so.... Pretty rusty, but for a wheeler I think it will be fine. Hoiping to get back on it once the weather warms up a bit and some of the snow melts.

BBC

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/8/14 6:53 p.m.

In reply to ultraclyde:

Thanks... Liberace's farm truck, spit a little beer out on that one I joined a Jeepster website for more info. Guess there is a bit of a following. Lots of info.May sell a few parts off it I don't need and wheel it. Will see how well it runs, once I get it actually running.

BBC

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/9/14 11:21 a.m.

I want to see a picture of that falstaff bottle opener....

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
1/9/14 12:32 p.m.

In reply to rcutclif:

Will post one up tonight when I get home

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
1/9/14 10:28 p.m.

Ratty hot rod?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners