1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21
DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
6/29/20 9:57 a.m.

I may need to take the spherical bushing idea for the Intrepid in the future. Where did you find them? Project is looking awesome!!

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Dork
6/29/20 2:57 p.m.

In reply to DjGreggieP :

Speedway. I basically looked for the largest spherical bushing I could find. They're not really designed for axial force, but based on the research I have done, they should be up the task.

TheV8Kid said:

In reply to DjGreggieP :

Speedway. I basically looked for the largest spherical bushing I could find. They're not really designed for axial force, but based on the research I have done, they should be up the task.

You thought about adding in a back-up "safety washer"?  Just a big thick washer to catch the tie rod in case the spherical bushing blows out.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Dork
6/29/20 4:55 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) :

Look again! Lol

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
6/29/20 5:42 p.m.
wheels777 said:
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) said:
wheels777 said:
TheV8Kid said:

In reply to barefootskater :

I am a little skeptical of the 60hp number too. It will be close to what we need for an 8. We may need just a bit more.

what boost level are y'all comfortable with on this bullet.....you mentioned some crankcase blowby? on the dyno runs?

14 until the Challenge. Everything the turbo can make after that. 

what can this bullet withstand boost wise after the challenge ?? or who cares DAMN THE TORPEDOS!!!!!

Over 20.

All that on a stock LS bottom end.......impressive....but not without limitations.....like longevity (crank bearings/rods)??? 

In reply to TheV8Kid :

I meant on the other side.  Underneath the locking nut.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/29/20 6:08 p.m.
wheels777 said:
Mndsm said:

The first 8 in challenge history might be FWD? Wow. 

Took from 2004 to 2017 the go from 10 to 9.  We'll see about 8s....that is a tall order....but on the list....  

I have confidence. I've never seen a car run more efficiently than the sunbird last year. 

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Dork
6/29/20 7:19 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) :

Not worried as much about that side. That is the braking side. Won't be applying as much force. 

The bearing, realistically should be able to take 5000lb of force axially.

The rear suspension point should retain it as well. Appreciate the brain storming.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Dork
6/29/20 7:20 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Yeah. The Sunbird scoots. Had way more left in it too. Just never had a chance to optimize.

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
6/30/20 4:54 a.m.
wheels777 said:
wheels777 said:
TheV8Kid said:

In reply to barefootskater :

I am a little skeptical of the 60hp number too. It will be close to what we need for an 8. We may need just a bit more.

what boost level are y'all comfortable with on this bullet.....you mentioned some crankcase blowby? on the dyno runs?

14 until the Challenge. Everything the turbo can make after that. 

what can this bullet withstand boost wise after the challenge ?? or who cares DAMN THE TORPEDOS!!!!!

Over 20.

All that on a stock LS bottom end.......impressive....but not without limitations.....like longevity (crank bearings/rods)??? 

Stock parts definitely have their limits. We have found them.  We don't like it. 

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Dork
8/14/20 8:32 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/20 10:32 a.m.

cheap line-lock: get a junkyard RWAL (rear wheel antilock) valve from a late-90's dodge pickup, plumb it backwards ie switch the inlet and outlet, power it through a switch, apply brake by hand or foot then engage the RWAL solenoid and it should hold pressure.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/14/20 11:17 a.m.

is your left foot "out of the game" during burnouts?  if so, you might rig up a third pedal to a cable parking brake of some kind... and hold the brake with your left foot, which could have some benefits for the "hot shoe" Ax driver during challenge?

is the theory that the car is moving around because of 'differential thrust' because the tires are hooking up differently after the shift?  or something suspension related due to the heave/compression of the suspension through the shift?

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Dork
8/14/20 12:08 p.m.

Appreciate the brainstorming guys. The answer is a line lock solenoid. That is our current plan.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Dork
8/14/20 12:09 p.m.
sleepyhead the buffalo said:

is your left foot "out of the game" during burnouts?  if so, you might rig up a third pedal to a cable parking brake of some kind... and hold the brake with your left foot, which could have some benefits for the "hot shoe" Ax driver during challenge?

is the theory that the car is moving around because of 'differential thrust' because the tires are hooking up differently after the shift?  or something suspension related due to the heave/compression of the suspension through the shift?

My guess is it is moving around because it is either unlocking the diff, or the suspensions is moving. We plan to convert the front lower control are rear attachment point to a solid bushing to try to finish eliminating any suspension play.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/20 1:30 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

cheap line-lock: get a junkyard RWAL (rear wheel antilock) valve from a late-90's dodge pickup, plumb it backwards ie switch the inlet and outlet, power it through a switch, apply brake by hand or foot then engage the RWAL solenoid and it should hold pressure.

nice!

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
9/6/20 6:17 a.m.

Spun thru the 60' and only 7 psi boost in 2 and 3. 

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/20 7:30 a.m.

Well, the power is there.  Time to figure out how to make it hook

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
9/11/20 12:08 p.m.

Inching forward

9/18/20 11:40 a.m.

So......144.66 at LSFest   congrats what was the ET?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/18/20 12:02 p.m.

9/18/20 12:38 p.m.
chandler said:

Yes !!!! so close were you there ? 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/18/20 12:59 p.m.

Nope, wish I could have been

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
9/18/20 6:14 p.m.

We busted the MPH record by 6, previous record was 138. Missed the ET record by 0.13 seconds.  No second gear. We worked our tails off and called it quits when 3rd gear went away. 

9/18/20 7:49 p.m.
wheels777 said:

We busted the MPH record by 6, previous record was 138. Missed the ET record by 0.13 seconds.  No second gear. We worked our tails off and called it quits when 3rd gear went away. 

Y'all did great.....congrats and is there a ytube on this only cuz I would like to see how the 'split pea' left the the line......do y'all see mid to high nines with trans issuses addressed????

1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oFPSD2KdkHVoGrOXluOysYiLChNy8udQH6QfnKbPl9CfKhFdspAVZHtQvZkhdtw1