dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
10/9/19 9:01 a.m.

I swapped my red 89 Probe GT Turbo for this beauty. 

It's a 2004 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 103k on it when i got it.   With my then newborn son it was clearly the more practical vehicle.  The previous owners wife had ran it in a ditch and banged up the body some.  When I brought it home, it had alot of wind noise from the doors bent hinge.  I began cleaning the interior as the previous owner had it pretty trashed.

It had a blown rear strut so I swapped in a coilover set which definitely improvement, and leveled the ride height. 

Plans are to search for matching front fenders, as I found a drivers door locally last week, OEM headlights as I really dont care for these aftermarket ones, find factory foglights as the car is wired for them, and install the Gates TCKWP and front seals that came yesterday. 

When I originally got the car, I was initially not excited, but after driving it a bit and fixing a few of the quirks...  I love it!!!  I'm often out on the highways here before the snowplows and with some snow tires I'm excited for winter. 

Georges1991
Georges1991 New Reader
10/9/19 12:32 p.m.

Cool!

I like them a lot, but up here kn Chicago they usually have massive holes where the quarter meets the bumper by now. Nice clean example 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/9/19 3:35 p.m.

That's low. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
10/9/19 3:37 p.m.

These things are fun and greater than the sum of their parts.  The only thing that scares me is headgaskets.

BirgerBuilder
BirgerBuilder Reader
10/9/19 7:27 p.m.

If it's a lowered outback sport, is it back to being an impreza?

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
10/10/19 7:05 a.m.

Looks like a promising daily driver. Having owned a '89 Probe myself - does the Impreza have more rear seat room, or just better rear seat access?

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
10/10/19 8:50 p.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

Rear seat access.  Once you were in the back of the Probe it was pretty open, however...  I do have a carseat in the back of mine at the moment so I'll compare and get back with ya on that.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oYD7H34BYUa3mCx3LxLrxGikSkJEWDdqoWvPAAQ4ijheNUub4umKIoRlhjVv5uE3