1 2 3 4
AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/15/16 9:39 a.m.

Did you build the wiring harness yourself or get that panel prebuilt?

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
11/15/16 10:27 a.m.
edwardh80 wrote: Wow! That is impressive! I like that you even designed your own wheels. Did you design the centers to fit an off-the-shelf rim? I had no idea that was even possible.

Thanks. Rim halves in different sizes are readily available. I am fortunate to have a friend that will barter with me on machining. Otherwise, the wheels would not have been possible.

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
11/15/16 10:30 a.m.
AWSX1686 wrote: Did you build the wiring harness yourself or get that panel prebuilt?

I re-worked the original GM engine harness. The chassis wiring is all my engineering. I made the panels, picked the components, assembled, and also made the decals.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/16/16 10:10 a.m.
Kniners wrote:
AWSX1686 wrote: Did you build the wiring harness yourself or get that panel prebuilt?
I re-worked the original GM engine harness. The chassis wiring is all my engineering. I made the panels, picked the components, assembled, and also made the decals.

Very Nice! Looks super clean!

GSmith
GSmith HalfDork
11/18/16 12:34 p.m.

In reply to Kniners:

I love the Porchevrolet combo logo you put on the bumper. Subtle. Awesome.

The rest of the car - far less subtle. And awesome is an understatement...

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
11/18/16 2:56 p.m.

This is inspiring.

WAKman
WAKman New Reader
11/18/16 9:41 p.m.

Oh my goodness, what a build! I'm in awe of this car and your many and varied talents!

I built (with help) a 1989 944S2 with a 968 engine transplated into it. Ran that car for 14 years. Blew up two engines. In retrospect, I wish I had just put an LS in it.

Terry

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
12/2/16 9:15 a.m.
Kniners wrote: WoW! Popped up the GRM webpage and there was my project! Amazzzzzzing! I can't say how much I appreciate the love. Again, THANKS to all for the wonderful comments. (Especially the one about my dog! He is the best.) Let me address some of the questions: Have you put any autocross runs on it yet? No, and it's painful. What was your final weight and balance #s out of curiosity? Haven't set-up or scaled it yet. It will be published when available. Soooo...what's the plan for the buck/mold (yeah, I didn't miss that)? Are you selling a kit for the 944? With a little research you can find my website and facebook page. This project race car has spawned something special. Currently the engine is in pieces. A plug bore on one of the heads was filling with coolant under zero pressure. Yes, a bad casting. Texas Speed & Performance could not have been better about the situation. Even though it has been over a year since I purchased the Cylinder heads, they stood behind the product. Waiting on the new head to arrive on Wed., new gasket and bolts included at no cost. Again GRM and crowd, Thank you!

Here are a few images of the head, it's replacement, and completion.

Now the wait for spring testing...what the heck should I do now?

Yep, this feels right.

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
3/5/17 4:34 p.m.

Widerstandsfahig 001-15 wins BEST OVERALL EURO at Tuner Galleria Chicago 2017!!

Great show, great people, and a wonderful way to pass the time before the AutoX season starts. Come on spring!

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
6/20/17 5:38 a.m.

So... for a few different reasons the start of testing on number 001 has been pushed to later in the 2017 season. However, it has ventured out of the shop for a few appearances at popular car events in the area to promote the brand.

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
6/20/17 5:50 a.m.

001 was given the honor of representing the South Bend region of the SCCA at the Autofest show as part of the Lane Automotive display this spring. We left the show with a couple new pieces of hardware.

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
6/20/17 5:56 a.m.

Here is an article by CPG Nation on my new racer and a touch of my history...

http://www.cpgnation.com/one-mans-quest-for-a-fast-er-porsche/

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
6/20/17 6:05 a.m.

Widerstandsfahig 001 makes the cut for WEKFEST ChiTown and takes home a truly coveted award for a builder- BEST CRAFTSMANSHIP !

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
6/20/17 6:11 a.m.

Import Face-off events are always a great time, this spring was no exception! Widerstandsfahig 001 is awarded BEST OVERALL EURO and BEST DISPLAY at the Joliet event...YES, twins!

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
6/20/17 6:23 a.m.

Widerstandsfahig makes the cover of Region Rides Magazine!!! June 2017 issue.

This is just awesome.

Special thanks to the photographers:
Ethan Johnson - ChiTown Modified
Stone Connor - Tachus
Check out more of their work on Youtube.

Article link:
https://regionrides.com/

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
6/20/17 6:30 a.m.

Looking back at the thread it seems I forgot an award. Here is a pic from Import Face-Off Joliet last Oct. 2016. This was the first public appearance for 001, we did not leave empty handed. Lightening (Judges Choice) award!

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
6/20/17 6:51 a.m.

Attended my first GridLife event this spring: GridLife Midwest 2017 @ Gingerman Raceway. What a blast! Sadly only able to stay for one day of this three day event. That will change next year for sure. Widerstandsfahig 001 did quite well in the GridLife Showcase in being awarded BEST IN SHOW!!

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/20/17 8:30 a.m.

I don't know how I missed this thread earlier, but..... WOW!!!! Incredible work and workmanship. Can't wait to see it in action.

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
9/11/17 8:09 a.m.

Weight is in! Time was made over the weekend to start the final prep on Widerstandsfahig 001 before testing. Making the minimum weight for the X prepared class with this chassis seemed almost impossible given the rule set. Certainly, adding four more cylinders and massive tires didn't help the struggle. Based on the displacement, the minimum weight goal was 2226lbs....
Absolutely stoked to see 2168lbs!!
The front to rear distribution is not the best but a nice roll bar will help that out, and get the car to minimum weight.
Two separate sets of weights are displayed. The heavier set includes fuel and driver ballast added.

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
9/27/17 10:55 a.m.

I was able to get the car out for some testing over the weekend and someone special showed up to check it out!!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PvbeGvZNA_M

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
9/28/17 10:29 a.m.

Something incredible happened today...

My build is on the front page of Rennlist and LS1Tech!!

Feeling very blessed in the fact that so many enjoy and appreciate what I've done in the struggle to go fast!!

https://rennlist.com/articles/porsche-944-widerstandsfahig-widebody-autocross-wonder/

https://ls1tech.com/articles/widebody-ls-powered-porsche-944-destroys-cones-with-ease/

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
9/28/17 2:15 p.m.

That's awesome! Still one of my favorites.

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
9/28/17 3:20 p.m.

So glad I'm not in XP and having to compete against this car ;)

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/12/18 2:30 p.m.
loosecannon said:

So glad I'm not in XP and having to compete against this car ;)

A beautiful trailer queen and a car-show display model, did it ever race anywhere? 

Kniners
Kniners New Reader
7/17/18 8:37 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

Seriously, attitude? Is it needed? To answer your snarky question, yes, I had time to take it out testing last fall. The car was built to drive not show. Since then I've had zero time to drive. It's been to two shows this year, one of them is the post following this one.

Will it compete this year...not now.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l0g5ZaJtoiayDV1C0b8OVA7IThrmFqchrSAmADcWT3nR9Fz3FpzglekyFKKlHWPm