1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 52
Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
3/7/19 3:03 p.m.

You got a trailer full of busted drywall for free from Craigslist?

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/7/19 3:47 p.m.

In reply to Mezzanine :

Yes I did. Plus the trailer was free. 

Professor_Brap
3/11/19 9:07 a.m.

New summer wheels and tires, $130 of joy. 

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
3/11/19 1:26 p.m.

laugh

The free trailer is worth dealing with some drywall.

Professor_Brap
3/12/19 9:23 a.m.

Princess_Brap took this, made me giggle. 

Strawberry (copper) Budget update and needs list: 

Having the Speedo issue where its internement, so 99% chance its a cluster issue. 

Update on Strawberry Neon: 

Cost: $80 
Exhaust shop trip: $65.45
Coolant tank, front motor mount: $15 
Taxes, Title: $32.45
Tags Transfer: $7.12
Oil Change: $14.03
Trans service: $22.44

NEW/Need:
Rear struts: $20.05
Reflow cluster: Free 
Total: $256.54

Professor_Brap
3/13/19 9:16 a.m.

Did front wheel bearings on the black Neon last night.

Also got some more stuff from Finland. Got some Finnish maintance schedule books, one with the bright colors matches the build date on my car. 

I will also toss in some bonus Focus content. 

The other half drives a blue Focus wagon, and she keeps snacks in it even tho I keep telling her not to, and boy did she learn. went to get something out of snack crate and got some mouse poo. One trap later over night we got this: 

Professor_Brap
3/14/19 10:00 a.m.

Level 100 parts hoarder! 

Another set of steel 4 lug neon wheels, with good center caps and new tires, all the 4 lugs hubs and break parts, a mint fog bumper and molded mud flaps. 

First time really towing with the Iris car, went pretty well. 

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
3/14/19 10:28 a.m.

I'm a bit jealous of the free utility trailer.

Professor_Brap
3/14/19 10:33 a.m.
The0retical said:

I'm a bit jealous of the free utility trailer.

I think ima modify it to be similar to mine. 

artur1808
artur1808 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/14/19 11:04 a.m.
Professor_Brap said:

Dang, nice score! I wish I could find some omni wheels locally, especially at that price

Professor_Brap
3/14/19 11:12 a.m.
artur1808 said:
Professor_Brap said:

Dang, nice score! I wish I could find some omni wheels locally, especially at that price

I bought 2 full sets for $60, and new tires where $100

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/15/19 10:13 a.m.

Had to look at blue focus wagon last night because it was starting to pull, and I was dreading it due to the tires. And found out pretty quick why it was pulling. 35psi low on pass rear. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
3/15/19 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap :

Screwed again.

Ozzy
Ozzy New Reader
3/16/19 8:40 p.m.

Frickin mice....  I was in the barn today & had 3 in the traps in my shop & 2 in the cold side.  But that's why I keep about 15 traps loaded with peanut butter year round.  I don't need any ot those little bastard in my cars.  The war became official when I jumped in my Neon I had just detailed, turned on the defrost only to find out one filled the blower with pieces of leaves.

Professor_Brap
3/18/19 9:10 a.m.
Ozzy said:

Frickin mice....  I was in the barn today & had 3 in the traps in my shop & 2 in the cold side.  But that's why I keep about 15 traps loaded with peanut butter year round.  I don't need any ot those little bastard in my cars.  The war became official when I jumped in my Neon I had just detailed, turned on the defrost only to find out one filled the blower with pieces of leaves.

Its kinda silly, but her car is the only one with mice, I keep all my cars with traps in the engine bay and interior when they set. 

Professor_Brap
3/20/19 2:28 p.m.

Money has left my hands for another project car I dont need. Car has a cool back story and reason for purchase. 

Professor_Brap
3/25/19 9:57 a.m.

Got summers swapped on this weekend, stay tuned the next few days for more Neons and some trading. 

Professor_Brap
3/26/19 8:55 a.m.

Neons Neons everywhere, Im a hoarder and I dont care. 

Late 96 Highline, 69k (nice) on the clock. Tasteful mods, car cuts out. PO shotgunned parts at it and it didnt fix it, got it for a cool 1/4 of challenge price. 

Professor_Brap
3/27/19 9:15 a.m.

Update on Strawberry V2: 

Gave the car a quick once over last night to check it out. 

Mods: 
Mopar or AFX ecu (unsure currently) 
Egr delete 
OBX header with the WORST heat wrap I have ever seen 
3.0 intake with a super dirty filter and the hose was split
Magna flow muffler 
Booger Bushings 

PO replaced, Plugs (wrong) wires, coil (x2), crank sensor, cam sensor, IACV, TPS. Direct quote from the listing "Running in limp mode atm because of a crankshaft sensor I myself installed incorrectly." found out the car would randomly die. We jumped the car where it was setting and heard it fire up, no odd noises, no smoke, good enough. Got the car home and hooked it to the jumper pack hooked up the Solus to make sure all sensor that could be tested worked, fired the car up and let it run till it was up to temp, and waited..... First thing to come off was the rattle canned hub caps in the mean time. Everything seemed to check out minus being laggy when you blip the throttle. Quick check showed a TINY air filter and a split 3.0 intake tube, that got taken out. Fired the car back up and made sure fans work, when that was confirmed I looked at the motor some more looking for anything not the way it should be. Noticed a yellow zip tie on cam sensor plug holding it on.... Blip throttle it dies, score found the problem. It was easly replicated and a cheap fix.

So far it needs a battery, plug in, tail light gaskets, cam plug, plugs, and a service. I plan on putting my Ice Man intake from my stash on it, but need to order couplers and a filter and the are special order, so the factory intake is going on in the meantime. 

Parts: 
Refurb battery- $32.63
Cam sensor plug- $8.42
RC9YC plugs- have
Air Filter- have 
Oil- $7.99
Oil Filter- $0.66
Tail light gaskets- have 

Total: 
$49.70 in fixing it so far. 

Need to order a airfilter, header wrap ( unsure what im doing yet) and couplers. 

JeremyJ
JeremyJ New Reader
3/27/19 12:39 p.m.

I can't believe how low the miles are on it. I never find them like that. 

Professor_Brap
3/27/19 1:36 p.m.

Reflowed the solider in the OG strawberry. 

Professor_Brap
3/28/19 9:11 a.m.

Spare cluster and V2 cluster reflow. 

Drove the car last night, and it runs pretty good now, needs TPS readjusted. 

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa New Reader
3/28/19 10:04 a.m.

So the black Neon is for sale? You had it outside the fence in front of HSS when I went by on Tuesday. 

Professor_Brap
3/28/19 10:33 a.m.

In reply to RustBeltSherpa :

No, just had it parked there, we where doing burnouts in the lot. Only Neon for sale is the auto strawberry and it sold the second I posted it, guy is coming Monday for it. My Iris car is parked outside the fence today. 

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/19 6:53 a.m.
1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 52

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0nRlMkLjkyilZ08OkZw3EJnv9N0UUc2ZnYKLG3B4rEvQGLwpZLD0SbmSlpXDHvqo