1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 52
Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/11/19 10:49 a.m.

Finally got some parts showing up!!!  

Professor_Brap
1/14/19 2:07 p.m.

PT mad dog STS with threaded rod installed. 200% better than my old shifter. 

wae
wae SuperDork
1/14/19 2:25 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap :

Love that shift ball!

Professor_Brap
1/22/19 10:02 a.m.

Lets start this weekends fun..... 

Got the motor put in the 200C, got it all hooked up and it ran great. Gubby kitty supervised.

By this time it started to turn from rain to sleet from the "snow storm of the year". 

Next morning me and the MRS got up to plow snow for all the neighbors and ourself and mess around some. 

The ST did great as always, never had any traction issues, Local PD and the old people where loving us. The Conda powered yard horse is MUCH better with the bumpers, but with unloaded lawn tires and no wights or chains it liked to get stuck in the deep stuff. Im pretty sure I got some knobbier tires stashed away in my other building...... I ordred a different flywheel and a charging coil so I can hook up a light on the Conda motor. 

The ol sears got to pull out a minivan out of someones yard where it sank then froze in place.... 2nd gear, low range, half throttle pulled it right out. 

We had to run around and get some boards and get lunch ect and got quite the snow build up on the neon.... 

I normally spray down the fender liners with WD-40 or cooking oil. I did wd-40 this year, but I think all the rain before hand washed it off. 

Ozzy
Ozzy New Reader
1/23/19 8:53 a.m.

Nice score on the STS.  I have a PT shifter in a box around here some place but it's not a ST.

Professor_Brap
1/23/19 9:14 a.m.

Hit the big 300k on the way into work this morning. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
1/23/19 10:31 a.m.

Congrats!

Naturally, you were carpooling into work today.  And your passenger snapped that pic while you were going 65mph. wink

So let the record reflect.

Ozzy
Ozzy New Reader
1/23/19 2:39 p.m.
Professor_Brap said:

Hit the big 300k on the way into work this morning. 

And they say Neons are junk....

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/19 3:29 p.m.

In reply to Ozzy :

Even junk can last a long time. cheeky

Professor_Brap
1/23/19 3:37 p.m.

Its junk, worth its weight in scrap... but its my junk. 

Professor_Brap
1/24/19 10:12 a.m.

Kinda a crappy update, we lot power last night, so while the Mrs was reading and I was unable to set still I swapped tires on HotRod mower. 

The bid wide lawn tires clog up in the snow and cant get them to evacuate snow with all the wheel speed in the world. Found these tires on wheels already at the JY, $5 they are mine. 

They have been setting aired up for a few days now and lost no pressure so on they go, should be much much better in the snow. Next change I get I need to put the chains on them. 

Its really dark in the shed with no lights. 

Bounus picture of updated front bumper with more weight. 

Professor_Brap
1/28/19 9:17 a.m.

These damn things follow me home.....  For pennies on the dollar I couldn't say no. 

I think it is going to become my new spare beater. 

Professor_Brap
1/29/19 9:10 a.m.

Professor_Brap
2/1/19 9:25 a.m.

Favorite time of the year.

Professor_Brap
2/5/19 10:08 a.m.

I tried to buy this radio display from a local dealership..... He was kinda offended. 

Also got got $80 worth of Neon home. 

Professor_Brap
2/6/19 1:59 p.m.

Professor_Brap
2/8/19 12:15 p.m.

So me and the miss are not in love with this car, I got 2 options in my head for it. 

1. swap and slam some spare parts I have on it.... 

2. sell for profit and buy another. 

Not sure what I wanna do. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/8/19 1:06 p.m.

Profit.

You still won't love it after modification. 

Professor_Brap
2/8/19 1:16 p.m.

I dont know why I dont like it is the problem. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/8/19 2:16 p.m.

Sometimes it just doesn't click. There's no good reason you don't but you just don't. I felt that way about the BMW. Happy it's gone kind of sad I lost so much money.

Professor_Brap
2/11/19 12:49 p.m.

Fired up and drove both 1st gens since their was no salt on the roads. 

I adore the iris car still, and the strawberry car is getting a few fixes and sent down the road. 

Professor_Brap
2/12/19 9:33 a.m.

Some mower content of the custom bumper and new meats.... Im at the I need more front weight again. 

Professor_Brap
2/13/19 9:46 a.m.

So had a long night last night. 

The village I live in has had flooding problems for a while. Down the waterway there is a section clogged with logs and its at the back of a farmers field, and he doesnt not want anyone going back their to clean  out. Along with that someone rolled their Yukon into the waterway mid day yesterday and its really stuck, and causing stage 2 cloggage. 

We normally have a good side spot of standing water after some rain at our house, at old mans yellow house it will get into the yard.  We had 6-8in of water where we normally dont have water, and he had FEET of water in his yard. 

I have a car in the shop right now so Iris car is setting at my house in like the middle height section of the yard..... It had water mid way up the rockers. Had to move it, got it higher but stuck. 

The neighbor got stuck in his driveway on the side where the gravel sunk in, had to snatch strap it with my ST16, It took some tugging to get it unstuck. About the time I got it unstuck the welfare across the street got his full size struck stuck in his yard, he backed his truck and trailer up to the back door to clean out the house since he bought it, and that big ol sob sunk. One bubba rope and some momentum later we got it unstuck, only damage of the night was a snapped axle shaft on the sears which took like 30min to fix thankfully.  

Professor_Brap
2/14/19 9:33 a.m.

Some aftermath photos. This is water up to the rockers, I got the car moved, then stuck then moved again..... 

Thinking I might man up and build/buy the stuff to do a Dual rear wheel kit..... 

Mud guards did a wonderful job. 

Professor_Brap
2/15/19 9:36 a.m.

The driverside rear door handle  failed on the R/T last cold spell so I ordered a new handle beacause it was going to be one of 2 things.... the white clip or the handle itself, and I couldnt tell by feel so I ordered a whole handle from RockAuto with a big parts order. 

Pulled my handle out and it was the clip.

Got it back together and we where back in business. Then the passenger side failed the next day, ordering clips currently, but with my luck it will be the handle. 

Also did my wheel stud where I had to drill it out when the very nice guy tried to steal my wheel and stripped the lug nut..... 

Tool this opportunity to put new lug nuts all the way around, good ol china steel specials. 

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 52

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yWfQJrLooYaEewvqhFADyka8anjRZuxfeLgojcZIBS8d3wUFQP78ER1CLMmbAzlE