Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/23/15 5:40 a.m.

This will be fun to watch.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
11/23/15 9:13 a.m.

Sweet! Man, I need an old Japanese car again. I like the green, and I'm a sucker for a wood wheel. Keep it up!

Fitzauto
Fitzauto HalfDork
11/23/15 9:54 a.m.

Im jealous. I want an 86 bad.

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
11/23/15 10:51 a.m.

You said guess: I'm thinking 6N7 Sierra Green Metallic from the '95+ Tercel... sure looks similar.

HunterBenz
HunterBenz New Reader
11/23/15 11:42 a.m.

One of the most fun cars I have ever driven is an 86 with a heavily tuned 20V. One of the other most fun cars is my buddies 16V 86. Can't go wrong.

You can, by the way, use the 20V block with the 16V head for a cheaperish CA smog Nazi (mostly) legal high comp option. If it isn't too late.

I like the green!

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/23/15 6:08 p.m.

What's going on with that inner panel? Hit so hard in the 1/4 that interior panels needed mending? If so, I'm not knocking it. Just curious.

Nice project. Cool you're going back to stock. Toyota love at its finest.

I'll play ball for the beer...Tacoma Imperial Jade Metallic?

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/24/15 5:33 a.m.

In reply to dj:

Can't tell from the outside...looks good!

The0retical
The0retical Dork
11/24/15 6:07 a.m.

Viridian Green (Aston Martin)?

I love old Japanese cars for no good reason. Thanks for putting a build thread together this ought to be fun to watch.

The0retical
The0retical Dork
5/13/16 10:49 a.m.

No chance of building the harness yourself? That seems like an odd thing to be missing with the dash installed.

I've always been a big proponent of having AC and heaters in any of my cars because I'm kind of a pansy, and I'm not even close to competitive enough to need that extra couple of ponies. Hope the rest of the restoration goes well.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JPjADJjfGfZbxbm2YxokP0UCRWnQXaUzbIilAeeIMcA7yoNG15EbfskJqqdwqRSE