1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39
spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/4/19 8:37 p.m.

So buddy got back to me with photos...

Its not hazmat 2.0... But holy moldy... this is what happens when cars sit outside in Louisiana..... Pollen and mold take hold in the humid air...  

So I'm going to go look at the car sometime later in the month just to be sure... But this pretty well settles it for me..

On the upside I think the interior on this one is pretty close to perfect!! LoL 

So I'll go take a look to satisfy my curiosity.  But I'm leaning pretty hard on keeping hazmat. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/4/19 8:40 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

It's just trying to be one with nature ever since the EarthDreams memo went out.

spacecadet
7/4/19 10:22 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

LoL

I think the real decider is looking for parts online is a PITA. And that's the cue that my original feeling was right and I need to stick with the newer car. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/5/19 2:00 a.m.

The Integra is parked next to a Civic.  Has your buddy moved on from the Integra to a Civic and not gone back? 

Why should you not do the same? 

Also, poor salesmanship on your buddy's part. A 30 minute wash with a sponge and hose would have made for a much more flattering picture of the Integra. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
7/5/19 9:11 a.m.
spacecadet said:

In reply to clutchsmoke :

Wait you have these things... But no car for them at the moment?? 

Correct sir. Oh! And mint Integra seats that are the same cloth/pattern of your buddy's Integra. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
7/5/19 9:16 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Yeah that also popped into my head. Some more food for spacecadet thought - not sure how tall you are, but I'm 6ft tall and there's no way I would fit in a sunroof equipped Integra with a helmet on.

spacecadet
7/5/19 10:06 a.m.
John Welsh said:

The Integra is parked next to a Civic.  Has your buddy moved on from the Integra to a Civic and not gone back? 

Why should you not do the same? 

My buddy bought the integra non running to pull the drivetrain for his SMF CRX. 

He's an 8th gen guy now running in HS and STX the past 3 years. 

Believe me.. All of your thoughts have gone through my own head even if not stated here. 

spacecadet
7/5/19 10:24 a.m.

So interesting morning. 

Had coffee with an old buddy this morning. AF flyboy who lived down the hall from me in in college. 

Another Honda dude with a list of cars that involves lots of VTEC with a miata and now a Mustang GT thrown in. 

He and I talked at length today about the GSR and the 8th gen. 

He has owned a 91 and 01 integra. Both LS/RS models. He had the 01 in college when I met him. 

He and I came to the same conclusion. Hazmat carries lots of advantages with the age and tuning capabilities with the canbus system and the ability to take way more tire than the GSR. 

But both of us couldn't agree more that the GSR is extremely unique and  also very cool in its own right. 

So not much different from where I was before... except for these....

This is why we met up this morning. He was giving me these... 17x7.5 accord wheels that he's giving me for free and I insisted on buying his coffee this morning at a minimum. 

So now have 2 sets of wheels for hazmat including the stock ones it came with... 

The scales keep saying.. Keep hazmat.. But my love of 90's Hondas keeps the idea of a unique integra alive... fading... But still not totally dead. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
7/5/19 8:34 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

I feel you. I have that pile of awesome parts depending on which way you end up going. Oh which includes a B18 hytech replica SS header.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
7/5/19 9:00 p.m.

Did you keep the coffee receipt for Challenge purposes?

spacecadet
7/5/19 9:54 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

No because they were a fair market value of $120

spacecadet
7/5/19 10:51 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke :

You have a message, against my better judgement. 

spacecadet
7/5/19 11:36 p.m.

I already liked the Integra GSR sedan......and then I found out yesterday evening that these were a real thing...

Same chassis code as the GSR sedan DB8

The JDM 4 Dr Integra Type R.... 

And now clutchsmoke has terrible ideas running through my head. 

On the plus side, the Integra is 25 this year and free from emissions testing in TX. So I can do whatever I want tuning wise and it would remain street legal...

it's also compatible with the Hondata S300 if I wanted to have modern tuning capabilities 

*bangs head against wall* 

This is such a terrible idea... 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
7/6/19 12:06 a.m.

I mean when you really think about it, it's not the worst idea. The built head I have should Dyno close to 220whp. I wanted a jdm front end converted Integra for so many years. In white.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/6/19 12:09 a.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

One on hand. Don't do it, dude. It's a mistake.

On the other hand, holy E36 M3 that's awsome, dude. Do it.

spacecadet
7/6/19 12:16 a.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to spacecadet :

One on hand. Don't do it, dude. It's a mistake.

On the other hand, holy E36 M3 that's awsome, dude. Do it.

spacecadet
7/6/19 12:42 a.m.

Do you ever feel like the universe is just trying to mess with you???!!

Swear to god this showed up for sale in a FB group 15 minutes ago.. 

If only it wasn't in California...  

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/6/19 1:04 a.m.

That's one of those deals where I spend entirely too much time trying to justify a road trip before I come to my senses and realize it's not actually worth it 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/6/19 7:10 a.m.

Hmmm....  I'm rooting for you to keep the civic for some unknown reason.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/6/19 7:43 a.m.

Civic. Newer means less you HAVE to maintain and gremlins to hunt down. And less oxidized connections. And rust. And filth. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
7/6/19 10:05 a.m.

Do you need this to be a Car, or do you have the room/resources for this to be a toy?

shagles
shagles New Reader
7/6/19 10:29 a.m.

Seems like the Integra would be quicker if you added clutchsmokes head, but could you do that and still be under challenge budget?

spacecadet
7/6/19 11:33 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Do you need this to be a Car, or do you have the room/resources for this to be a toy?

That is the question the reality is I have to keep convincing myself the integra is a good idea... which tells me it isn't as good as Hazmat

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/6/19 11:54 a.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

Honestly I would take the Integra if this was a fun street car project. I think the Civic is going to be a safer and more reliable track car though.

spacecadet
7/6/19 5:36 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

As they sit.. If I spend equal money on both cars... the Civic prey much always wins performance and practicality wise until you get to berkeley you money when there's basically nothing left of the cars... 

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
57tAvXkZh28cERoPN4AZpyGHsfpU7GBf7gVe6HRd3wzhD0de6W2kwwJ2wxVGEvqZ