1 2
ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
9/26/19 3:25 p.m.

Yeah, I really haven't found any redeeming qualities of the 2.2 yet.  Live and learn.  

This truck is throwing a "Secondairy Air Injection" code.  So I guess I'll see if it's feasible to fix that.  How I fix air injection on old '80s stuff is with parts removal and inverted flare plugs.  That's probably not going to work as easily here (and make the light stay off).

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
10/27/19 10:36 a.m.

Yesterday I got a matching tailgate for the Son-of-a...

I drove into town to meet the seller of the tailgate who was in town for dinner (from one of the nearby towns).  It matches perfetly...has some paint flaws and a couple dents.  This truck is now completely stealth...it looks like every other truck from its era.  Whatever this color is...GM must have had a pipeline full of this stuff, lol.

I grabbed some groceries and when I came out of the store, we had this going on...

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
2/12/22 9:40 a.m.

Random update as the Son-of-a... gets put to daily driver duty.  Mrs. Sparks had an opportunity to get a nicer/better truck for horse hauling which meant she had to liquidate her previous daily driver to fund the truck purchase.  

And so she'll drive this little pickup on a daily basis and her F250 will be our "truck for when we need a TRUCK" kind of truck.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cCiNEE7tIXMEgMnmsj3DmWzjy1PWiHKrhDYGfgdbM9FsAfQ0cmMi0B0PVcS3akiW