1 ... 23 24 25
TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
9/4/18 9:32 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

Love how you hollowed it out for extra lightness. That's a nice piece you should be proud of.

Thanks. It took a little bit of effort. Most people fill the IAC valve hole with epoxy. We wanted the option to install and IAC valve at a later date, so we made a plug.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
9/11/18 7:18 a.m.

Day 143 - July 8, 2018

More wiring.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
9/11/18 7:20 a.m.

I forgot to post on Thursday last week, so here is a second update.

Day 144 - July 10, 2018

Set up rear gears.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
9/13/18 7:14 a.m.

Day 145 - July 11, 2018

Finished engine harness. Tested harness.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
9/13/18 7:16 a.m.

I was thinking of this car while watching Drag Week coverage. 

Did you get the email I sent you about intellectual permissions?

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
9/13/18 11:42 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I was thinking of this car while watching Drag Week coverage. 

Did you get the email I sent you about intellectual permissions?

I completely missed your email. Reply sent.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
9/13/18 11:53 a.m.

I've been thinking about doing a digital race dash with the Microsquirt. Does anyone know what my options are? Racepaks are expensive! It may not be going to the challenge, but $1000 is just too expensive. I don't need anything that logs. The ECU does that itself.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
9/13/18 12:06 p.m.

In reply to TheV8Kid :

I know there are some tablet/phone based solutions but haven't looked into them much.

I have been thinking about adapting a TrailTech computer to the rally car, and they have UTV kits which should include enough wiring and stuff.  I had a Vapor like this as my only display on my rallyMoto bike and it worked extremely well, they're not marketed for car use but they're cheap, tough, and I don't see why they wouldn't work.

bluej
bluej UberDork
9/13/18 12:07 p.m.
TheV8Kid said:

I've been thinking about doing a digital race dash with the Microsquirt. Does anyone know what my options are? Racepaks are expensive! It may not be going to the challenge, but $1000 is just too expensive. I don't need anything that logs. The ECU does that itself.

Cheap Android tablet w/ msdroid?

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
9/13/18 1:09 p.m.

I was thinking about trying a tablet, but I wanted something a little more rugged and reliable.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
9/13/18 1:11 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to TheV8Kid :

I know there are some tablet/phone based solutions but haven't looked into them much.

I have been thinking about adapting a TrailTech computer to the rally car, and they have UTV kits which should include enough wiring and stuff.  I had a Vapor like this as my only display on my rallyMoto bike and it worked extremely well, they're not marketed for car use but they're cheap, tough, and I don't see why they wouldn't work.

Interesting. I was hoping to find something that could talk to my ECU through CAN though.

Ram50Ron
Ram50Ron Reader
9/13/18 2:17 p.m.

In reply to TheV8Kid :

I've looked into this a couple times as a down the road option when I get to the point of wiring my truck. There's people using Raspberry Pi computers to create digital dash displays on mega/microsquirt powered cars.  It seems arduino is also an option that decreases the boot load time.

Linky 

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
9/18/18 6:33 p.m.

Day 146 - July 15, 2018

Prepared short block.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/18/18 6:35 p.m.

In the Datsun i have a $45 android tablet with torque and a bluetooth dongle.  It works well for how cheap it was, and it has gps speedo.  It’s held in with the super heavy duty velcro like ez passes come with

1 ... 23 24 25
Our Preferred Partners
oPrnktrIgoIoxs3Z70bDp0vc0bMuVW9uiS9Z1U0eV88VDprFxoa1XpvUsUtGM7hy