1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 ... 129
coexist
coexist Reader
3/8/18 10:49 a.m.

At the risk of being a royal pedant, I suggest removing the front plate and cantilevered hardware for it.

Good luck with the sale.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/8/18 12:19 p.m.

In reply to coexist :

It's still being exercised a couple times a week. I'll pull it off for the new owner, whoever that ends up being. 

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/8/18 5:06 p.m.

A little while ago, I was pulling out of the pharmacy parking lot, and did a double take...... It may have been a Duocorn.  The white Benz looked just like this one.  Couldn't get a picture, but if it's there tomorrow I will.   

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/8/18 5:37 p.m.

I had to chuckle at the line in that ad, "Full documentation of the fix available." I don't think there is a more thorough documentation of any fix than this one. You are a master of the understatement. Good luck with the sale!

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
3/8/18 6:15 p.m.

crying

mazdeuce - Seth
3/9/18 7:04 a.m.

In reply to Jerry From LA :

I have a call about the V Wagon today. I woke up thinking that if I can clear out both Miatas, the V Wagon, and Fergus before the R63 sells, I may be ok keeping it around longer. Or maybe not. I just know that I need more mental space to work in and I need to create that with the things under my control, which is cars. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/9/18 9:57 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to Jerry From LA :

I have a call about the V Wagon today. I woke up thinking that if I can clear out both Miatas, the V Wagon, and Fergus before the R63 sells, I may be ok keeping it around longer. Or maybe not. I just know that I need more mental space to work in and I need to create that with the things under my control, which is cars. 

But the R63 is the car you fear the most, and are least comfortable taking on a road-trip.   Seems like brooming the R should be priority 1 or 2, and keeping the VWagon is "the right thing to do"(tm)

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/9/18 10:07 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

yeah, but I could see how selling the V puts more money back into the "fix things up kitty"... and the grosh truck is still a reliable road-trip car.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/9/18 10:19 a.m.

I thought one of the reasons for selling the V and the R63 were the high insurance costs with new drivers?  

mazdeuce - Seth
3/9/18 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Ian F :

Indeed it is, which is why they're both for sale. I am more attached to the R63 than the V even though the V is a more logical car. I doubt an injection of logic will solve anything at this point in my life. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
3/9/18 11:53 a.m.
onemanarmy
onemanarmy Reader
3/9/18 11:55 a.m.

Anything in the ad about you doing the work yourself (but highly documented), to keep the people from calling about receipts and 'who did the work' tire kickers?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/9/18 12:05 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to Ian F :

Indeed it is, which is why they're both for sale. I am more attached to the R63 than the V even though the V is a more logical car. I doubt an injection of logic will solve anything at this point in my life. 

Logic Schmogic.

mazdeuce - Seth
3/14/18 11:25 a.m.

The Miata I've been storing is washed and on the trailer to go home Sunday. The other Miata that I'm fixing started up and gave no codes yesterday, just a few things before the owner can come get that. Fergus is sold and should go home in the next month or so. I have a deposit on the V wagon and it should get loaded on a shipping trailer in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm feeling a great weight of automotive fatigue being lifted. The R63 is still for sale, but I'm mellowing out about it. When the Cadillac goes I can park it in the garage so it stays clean. I'm ok with it being around for a while until the right buyer finds me.

badwaytolive
badwaytolive New Reader
3/14/18 12:03 p.m.

Wow- now that is moving some product! Congratulations on getting all that done; selling cars is never fun or easy, so it always feels like a celebratory event.

damen

java230
java230 SuperDork
3/14/18 12:46 p.m.

Maybe I missed the thread, but why the liquidation? 

mazdeuce - Seth
3/14/18 12:55 p.m.

In reply to java230 :

One kid has hit 16, second on the way, two others to follow an 1000 hp in two cars is expensive from an insurance standpoint. We haven't been driving the V and can't really figure out it's place in the fleet. Mostly, emotionally, I need the room and extra time that having less cars provides. 

java230
java230 SuperDork
3/14/18 1:30 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Fair enough! 

brad131a4
brad131a4 Reader
3/14/18 1:41 p.m.

Seth you need to put the R on B.A.T. People know of it there so what you have done shouldn't be a issue. It may even spike up the price some. Seen a few of them around up here. Then I live next to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Oculus and god only knows what other tech firm people. Which is why I'm getting the heck out of dodge cause they have ruined the town I live in. Not the people themselves just way to fast of development has changed what made it nice to come home.

Wrote this before checking out the classified adds. Yes auctions are weird some times. Look at all the Barrett-Jackson and other auction sites. They work on pure emotional buyers and all it takes is that one buyer that will stop at nothing to own the vehicle. Still think B.A.T would give it a little more exposure to the buying masses.

Oh I also would like to thank you and your wife for the shirt and stickers. Rocked it in Hawaii and around home all the time. Get some great questions about what it is or means.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
3/14/18 3:41 p.m.

We are close to paying off the Caddy, though, I still have been unable to convince the wife of the R *mustang is here still currently*.  I have rubbed off on her and she says she wants a Bentley.  So, maybe in the next year I can post up about that.....

mazdeuce - Seth
3/14/18 3:52 p.m.

In reply to Thinkkker :

You and I both know that you have too many kids for a Bentley. The R63 is the only reasonable responsible option. 

In reply to brad131a4 :

I'm glad you liked the shirt and stickers. I had someone the other day ask me how I managed to find a shirt with my truck on it. laugh 
BAT is always an option. I just really want to have a sit down chat with someone before they buy it. In all honesty, everyone I've talked to about it so far I've talked them out of it. I'm a terrible salesman. 

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
3/14/18 3:56 p.m.

Yet you have a 911, a V wagon *for the moment* and the truck which shouldnt fit all your brood in either.  Hmmmm...

Plus, that would allow us to cherry pick the favorites of the moment to go along and leave some with Nana.  :)

If we had all things paid off I may have a better arguement :(

mazdeuce - Seth
3/14/18 4:01 p.m.

In reply to Thinkkker :

Double bench seat truck, seats six. cheeky

We even have a third row for the FJ so we can put 7 in that. Well, we could until they got too big. 
Do the Bentleys sit three across in the back? I was under the impression that they were all luxury four seaters. A shockingly small number of our miles are with the whole family, though lots of them are with one parent and all four kids. 

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
3/14/18 4:22 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

You can fit 3 across in the back for the most part.  The Escalade is the vehicle to have for family.  We could fit 7 in the Merc Wagon, but with all 4 kids in car seats that makes that middle sitter an issue.  At the moment, a lot of trips are either just a couple people, or EVERYONE, so 7 seats is the only option.

Maybe Ill buy a bus, or Limo.....The wife did shoot down a 6 door F450 I found one time though....

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
3/14/18 9:36 p.m.

Fergus  crying  V wagon crying  Seth ,I hope powerball speaks to me tonight..... cuz the dogs would love the R63 wink Is the V staying local?  Fergus too?

1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 ... 129

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9MLOXwVHLXkVYFMmtmlJbcHFy4CqUFzz3owvrMZdDdkgmhVqtNkhXokclNuuqJ7H