1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 129
mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
4/30/17 12:24 p.m.

Work distractions. The R63 is important, but it's not THAT important.

Crackers
Crackers Reader
4/30/17 1:09 p.m.

Wow, you really could pull an engine on your swing set, couldn't you? LOL

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
4/30/17 3:29 p.m.

Is there an engine on that cart?? or has DR Mazd concocted some alternative power source......

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
4/30/17 5:01 p.m.
Crackers wrote: Wow, you really could pull an engine on your swing set, couldn't you? LOL

I haven't done it yet, but that was part of the design requirement. Just in case.

The engine for the kart is offset to the drivers side. Bit of an odd design choice, but seems to work. I did have to pull the carb and clean things out to get it to run right. A bunch of dirt in the bowl from rallycross past.

And to all of these Mercedes engineers that say the intake manifold is unserviceable, I say....pfffffft, you can service all sorts of things if your time has no monetary value.
Just need to put the bottom on and it's ready to be bolted down. Here's to hoping I don't have to take it apart again.

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
4/30/17 8:20 p.m.

looks pretty stinkin' clean to me...button that SOB up!!!!

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
4/30/17 8:55 p.m.

What an interesting design!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/1/17 2:09 p.m.

The kind of guy who vacuums out the valley of an engine. It's clean now. Fuel injectors all recieved new O-rings.
And the intake manifold is back in place. Not bolted down yet because the bolts are torque to yield. I want to run an exhaustive check on all the wires and tubes before I'm certain. There are a lot of wires and tubes.

rslifkin
rslifkin Dork
5/1/17 2:23 p.m.

So this will be running before the weekend, right?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/1/17 2:37 p.m.

I leave Thursday for One Lap. I have a LOT of stuff to do before I leave for a week. The spark plug tube seals are supposed to be here Wednesday. I would love to have everything buttoned up Wednesday night. We'll see. Kind of a huge deal though, all of the major components are in place. Hasn't been like that in a while.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/1/17 3:01 p.m.

Hey what happened to Guido's nameplate? Are you replacing it with one that has your own name?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/1/17 3:23 p.m.

It fell off at the welders. I still have it, I just haven't decided whether or not to stick it back on.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/17 3:28 p.m.

Reinstall it upside down.

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
5/1/17 3:46 p.m.
Woody wrote: Reinstall it upside down.

second that

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
5/1/17 3:48 p.m.

MazD, just curious, how long is that engine say from Thor's spanner nut to the back of the valve covers?

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/17 4:03 p.m.
mblommel wrote: Hey what happened to Guido's nameplate? Are you replacing it with one that has your own name?

Looking back the nameplate should have been the first hint of trouble. Guido doesn't sound very German.

AngryCorvair wrote: Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I shouldn't be laughing but berkeley that's good.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/1/17 4:40 p.m.

In reply to Wall-e:

I was afraid it was too subtle.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/1/17 4:46 p.m.
759NRNG wrote: MazD, just curious, how long is that engine say from Thor's spanner nut to the back of the valve covers?

The farthest back you'd have to clearance the firewall for is the back of the intake. That's about 29 inches from the crank pulley. Crank pulley to the back of the valve covers is about three inches shorter.

docwyte
docwyte Dork
5/1/17 5:58 p.m.

I think the wing on that civic is way too small...

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/1/17 8:26 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

I used to work as a graphic designer. If you wanted to go crazy we could scan the plate, then re-create it in Adobe Illustrator. We could then replace Guido's signature with your own. I imagine this plate is sublimated aluminum. This isn't a hugely expensive process. I used to do a bunch of these types of plates for industrial equipment. It would be pretty easy to have your own custom plate made. Just sayin'.

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
5/1/17 8:36 p.m.
mblommel wrote: In reply to mazdeuce: I used to work as a graphic designer. If you wanted to go crazy we could scan the plate, then re-create it in Adobe Illustrator. We could then replace Guido's signature with your own. I imagine this plate is sublimated aluminum. This isn't a hugely expensive process. I used to do a bunch of these types of plates for industrial equipment. It would be pretty easy to have your own custom plate made. Just sayin'.

Ok MazD what moniker are you gonna rock on this build....Sebastian D , perhaps???

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/1/17 8:37 p.m.

GROSH BUILT 2017

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
5/1/17 8:48 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo: like that way bettererr......

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/1/17 8:56 p.m.

As excited as I am about this small bit of personalization, let's get this running and driving first. I'm still just a liiiiiitle bit superstitious.

Crackers
Crackers Reader
5/1/17 8:57 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: In reply to Wall-e: I was afraid it was too subtle.

LMFAO! I just got it. I guess it was too subtle for me, not that that says much.

FWIW, I hope everyone understands my jet fuel comment was entirely satirical. (As are most of my comments, really)

Recon1342
Recon1342 New Reader
5/2/17 1:31 a.m.

In reply to Crackers:

Oh, I totally got it.

Still rolled my eyes, though. Thankfully, Mazdeuce's AMG seems to be box cutter and jet fuel proof...

1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 129

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GNua8Ey891ZpbT3rUatIk9YijVE9FjjarQvuhqTkPmTKmVcsWaJDwSIDNN0vbH5P