1 ... 56 57 58
DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
7/11/19 9:02 a.m.

I'll get the resurfaced when the schedule relaxes a bit. I think I could get them back into useable condition.

I'm going to give the irons a real deep clean and see if I can spot anything.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
7/14/19 7:50 p.m.

Did a thing today

KevinGale
KevinGale HalfDork
7/15/19 8:50 a.m.

Nice, Beats crawling around under the car.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
7/23/19 2:40 p.m.

New housings came. SO FRESH!

KevinGale
KevinGale HalfDork
7/23/19 3:56 p.m.

Those are pretty. The rule with pretty parts is you must hide them in the car where no one can see them.  

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
7/24/19 8:08 a.m.

That's the general rule for the car anyway. Ugly on the outside. Less ugly inside. Good stuff hidden completely.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
7/29/19 8:52 a.m.

Couldn't resist it. The call of gooooold

Also did some work on the LeMons RX7. Got mounts fabbed up and she sits in there pretty nicely - I'll even be able to use the stock exhaust manifolds I think. 

KevinGale
KevinGale HalfDork
7/29/19 9:01 a.m.

I like the gold!

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
7/29/19 12:20 p.m.

In reply to KevinGale :

I knew you would haha

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
8/14/19 8:13 a.m.

I have never built a rotary. This one was built 4 seasons ago and was consuming coolant in mysterious ways.

Fresh bearings (just in case)

I reused the oil control seals, side seals and corner seals as this engine always started like a champ and never burned oil. Rotary Aviation provided the soft seals and a set of their classic apex seals and springs slid into place without too much drama. Gluing the apex seals together for assembly wasn't a great time, but I got through it.

Waiting on a new rear stationary gear bearing as mine was roached. No clue when it happened. Overnight shipping here we come!

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
9/11/19 11:07 a.m.

Had a hold up on the engine because I forgot an outer water seal and had to tear it back down. Whoops. Hoping to have it all back together tonight.

In the meantime the GM 3800 has a fresh wiring harness and is sitting in the car on its complete mounts. How does it fit? We can even use the OEM headers and down pipes. Cylinder 1 is even with the front axle as well. The only trimming we'll need to do is for the shifter, which is further forward in the tunnel.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
9/12/19 8:08 a.m.

annnnnd finished the 13B rebuild. 9 Days before the next hillclimb too - so I think that counts as being ahead of things haha

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
9/13/19 9:19 a.m.

ready to go back in

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
9/14/19 10:00 a.m.

almost ready to run again

1 ... 56 57 58
Our Preferred Partners
mTydbnCBNsfsQbPQ8Mc92noltuX2fBqFr4ZbLDO9m6YmfqyAwBmjfhDXq6EXYrH9