1 2 3 4 ... 6
Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
12/22/17 2:53 p.m.

Turns out the steel I used for the ducts wasnt thick enough... I have a feeling with the ducting mounted to the plate the plate will flex and hit the rotor. Im thinking of simplifying the design to just a bracket to hold the 3" exhaust pipe that connects to the duct. much like the Agent 47 brake cooling kit. Should keep the sprung weight to a minimal. dont have access to a welder for aluminum at the moment

http://www.agentfortyseven.com/SN95/SN95_brakecooling.html

Opti
Opti HalfDork
12/23/17 1:20 p.m.

You didnt happen to get the fog lights. With your 4 eye car did you?

Apparently some of them came with square fog lights with a little fox emblem in the middle and they are worth a bunch.

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
12/23/17 1:40 p.m.

Nice work, I love 4-eyed Mustangs. It's interesting that when I had my 83/84 cars, everyone was wanting to update to the 87-93 Aero-noses, now people are backdating to the earlier style - a lot like the 911 world. 

Sorry if I missed it, but what did you do for the rear axles/brakes? I ended up using Ranger axles in mine to go 5-lug but still have drums. 

Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
12/23/17 4:55 p.m.

Opti said:

You didnt happen to get the fog lights. With your 4 eye car did you?

Apparently some of them came with square fog lights with a little fox emblem in the middle and they are worth a bunch.

I did get the Marchal foglight system with the car. They had a little "cat" etched into the glass which was Marchals logo at the time. Only issue was the lights were damaged internally beyond repair, the socket for the H2 bulbs came apart in my hand, backs to the lights were so rusty so I kinda put the lights away for another day. Maybe ill pull apart a cheap canadian tire light and mount the special lens to them or something, or figure out how to properly fix the marchell backings. EBay the lights usually go between $400-600US for a pair. With covers they can go for a lot more and unused NOS Marchal lights in box with covers and bracket I've seen people ask like 2k for them which is a bit retarded...

CLynn85 said:

Nice work, I love 4-eyed Mustangs. It's interesting that when I had my 83/84 cars, everyone was wanting to update to the 87-93 Aero-noses, now people are backdating to the earlier style - a lot like the 911 world. 

Sorry if I missed it, but what did you do for the rear axles/brakes? I ended up using Ranger axles in mine to go 5-lug but still have drums. 

I've noticed this as well, more and more are either backdating or returning to the original. Still plenty of people are updating to the aeronose style. I've always loved the four eye nose, it' also much more unique in my area. I however kinda hated the cheap feel of the four eye interiors. So I've got the best of all worlds. Four eye Looks, aeronose interior and the 89-92 A9L/MAF 5.0L engine

For the rear end I've used just the stock 89 mustang ford 8.8, 3.73 gears and cobra clutch packs. With the wider 94-98 SN95 axles which are about .78" wider per side than stock fox or ranger axles. But with these axles i can use the sn95 caliper brackets. Figured id go this route as the front spindles push the tires out a bit as well, wider stance is always nice. Rim choices did kinda suck with keeping inside of my stock rolled fenders tho. I' also running stock 94-04 mustang rear brakes, but planning on jumping up to the vented cobra equipment maybe next summer once I kill these rotors and pads

Thanks for the comments :)

Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
12/23/17 5:14 p.m.

In reply to CLynn85 :

For you to swap in SN95 disk rear brakes while keeping the fox length axles you'll have to either purchase brackets and cables from north racecars, they make special brackets to offset the caliper correctly.

http://www.northracecars.com/Brakes.html

or..... follow this guys instructions on how to modify a set of SN95 brackets to mount on the backside of the axle bracket. thus creating the correct offset for the shorter fox length axles

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/fox-length-axles-and-stock-sn95-brake-brackets.859972/

or..... run SN95 axles and brackets light i have. if your running 17x9" rims they will need at least a +35mm offset

-David

MattW
MattW Reader
12/23/17 7:57 p.m.

Ive had 3 foxbodys. Beautiful.

I'm most impressed with the fact that you seem to have built this thing without a proper garage/shop. 100% dedication. 

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
12/23/17 9:59 p.m.

Beautiful car! Always liked the foxes and yours is great.

Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
12/24/17 11:35 a.m.
MattW said:

Ive had 3 foxbodys. Beautiful.

I'm most impressed with the fact that you seem to have built this thing without a proper garage/shop. 100% dedication. 

thanks man. nope no garage, Ive moved up into a car tent now haha! its been great. still working in -20 degrees Celsius lastnight, little electric heater. gotta git er dun!

Crackers
Crackers Dork
12/24/17 1:48 p.m.

You people are nuts. I've been freezing my ass off working on my car and it's only +49°. 

I think I'd rather drive a Prius than have to work on my car in -20° weather. 

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
12/24/17 4:11 p.m.

Very nicely done.

Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
12/27/17 4:06 p.m.
Crackers said:

You people are nuts. I've been freezing my ass off working on my car and it's only +49°. 

I think I'd rather drive a Prius than have to work on my car in -20° weather. 

Hahaha yeah Im starting to panic cause Ive gotta get this car done ASAP cause Ive got a mud truck to finish by April as well. -20 is okay for me however -30 or colder which its been most nights lately is just too damn cold for me

Got some time today to pull the old booster out and pull the strut tower brace off. New booster is out of a newer 1995 Mustang GT and is about twice the size of the old one so needed to BFH clearance the strut tower a good deal to make it fit as well as drill out the mounting holes slightly furthur apart and larger

and resprayed the paint behind the booster

new booster and master

didnt get the booster in today, waiting for paint to dry in the cold is a long process lol. It fits but man is it a tight fit

Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
12/27/17 9:31 p.m.

Missing spinning donuts in the car :( .... little video to keep me going

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
12/28/17 6:28 a.m.

Sounds good, what are you running for exhaust?

Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
12/28/17 1:12 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

Motor has a Comp XE270HR Cam, degreed it advanced 4 degrees

Hedman 1-1/2" primary longtube headers

custom Xpipe

Black Widow Exhaust Race Venoms mufflers and turndowns ahead of the axle

Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
12/29/17 6:02 p.m.

Had a small emergency lastnight. Temp had dropped significantly over the past couple days, I went out and did my usual check over of the car and found the top 3 inches of the rad had turned to slush. Quickly I dumped a fair amount of coolant out of the rad, replaced with concentrate and taped the harness away from the engine and sealed the open vacuum lines and ran some drier ducting off the exhaust dumps out of the tent and fired up the beast to let the antifreeze mix. Pretty impressed that it started on her own with no block heater and no ether in -30. Gave me a opportunity to film a bit with it idling in my mini shop ive got

dannyzabolotny
dannyzabolotny Reader
12/29/17 10:23 p.m.

Nice build! Makes me want a Fox-body even more than I already do... I had an SN95 GT 5-speed which was fun for a while, but I hated how it was a convertible and had the 2V Mod motor so I sold it. If I were to go with a Mustang again I'd want to go with either an early SN95 with the 5.0 or a later Fox-body.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Reader
12/30/17 9:38 a.m.

^Oh boy, 96-98 GT convertibles get no love. Craiglist is flooded with them.

dannyzabolotny
dannyzabolotny Reader
12/30/17 10:06 a.m.
GCrites80s said:

Yep, mine was a ‘96 and it took forever to sell because very few people want Mustang GT convertibles, and the ones that do usually don’t want a manual. They’re not bad cars by any means, but the Mod motors are pretty limited as far as power modifications  go.

Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
12/30/17 12:51 p.m.
dannyzabolotny said:
GCrites80s said:

Yep, mine was a ‘96 and it took forever to sell because very few people want Mustang GT convertibles, and the ones that do usually don’t want a manual. They’re not bad cars by any means, but the Mod motors are pretty limited as far as power modifications  go.

94-98 SN95 have grown on me, used to HATE them with a passion. Bubble mustang! but now Ive def grown into loving them. The early 4.6L cars really needed the 99-04 PI head swap, and on them it gives a good compression bump. and 4.6L have a lovely sound to them.

Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
1/4/18 11:45 p.m.

Work has been slow. weather has been colder than ever and I've been sick. chose to make a little Miami Vice inspired cruise video from old clips I had

horse_play_22
horse_play_22 New Reader
1/5/18 5:54 p.m.

Hey man! I love the build. looks great... i may have missed it, but where did you get those hood vents?  And did you just tape off and cut the holes out with an angle grinder? Or what did you use?  Thanks!

Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
1/5/18 11:25 p.m.
horse_play_22 said:

Hey man! I love the build. looks great... i may have missed it, but where did you get those hood vents?  And did you just tape off and cut the holes out with an angle grinder? Or what did you use?  Thanks!

The vents are off a newer 2013 GT with a track pack option. I bought them off a guy who got them to install into his non-trackpack V6 car.

Initially with the Aeronose hood I just taped off where the vents would go and then I used an angle grinder to cut into it. however I found that it must have put too much heat into the metal because the paint began to separate badly around the holes cut. The second time around I again taped off the shape but used a drill and jigsaw to cut out the holes which worked much nicer. I am a bit unsure if you would be able to use the jigsaw on a painted hood, I could imagine you'd tape off a large section of the hood to protect it from any scratches from the jigsaw base itself.

vents removed from the Aeronose hood

showing the process a bit

Vents set in the hood after it was painted

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
1/5/18 11:31 p.m.

That looks really nice, much better looking than the normal DIY hood vents

Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
1/5/18 11:43 p.m.

Update:

The booster is officially in, and man I never want to have to change the booster again so lets hope this choice of boosters will be good for this setup!

Got some sintra foam core PVC. Going to be using it for Foglight brake ducts and will do a complete write up of how I do it once its done. Got some ideas tossing around just got to actually test it out. Might even sell acouple cause Ive got an abundance of the stuff.... 4x8 sheet lol! For now Ive played around with it just with a heat gun, coffee can, and a exacto blade to make a air filter heat shield for the car. cant say its pretty, but this is version one and mainly just seeing what can be done with the stuff

Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
1/9/18 8:22 p.m.

Update:

So Ive made the intake vents to be installed in the fog light holes on my bumper using sintra foam core PVC.  Project started with making basic positive and negative molds.

Heat the plastic to about 280 degrees i found. bout 10 mins in the oven (PS: Make sure Wife not home ;) )

And press the negative down over the plastic forming it. hold it for about 30 seconds and pull it out of the mold

I made the mold flipable so I flipped the top plate to do the bottom half of each intake and pressed it out again

BOOM cheap plastic intake ducts made. Now there is only a bit of trimming, gluing and riveting to get the two halves together, then i'll focus on the the mounting of the piping and installation

1 2 3 4 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eFCCdRJ1WEAl0a6KXAg2YNdKExF2WVgCBhVJFhjDjM5qg0D1BCTB1e1YBg2u0daI