1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 113
loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
1/8/20 9:54 p.m.

In reply to Samebutdifferent :

I was thinking about making the extra 2" a bolt on operation. If I'm clever with strakes, it should be possible to firmly bolt it onto the existing splitter, and I could easily remove it and do a with and without test or take it off for loading/unloading the car.

Samebutdifferent
Samebutdifferent New Reader
1/8/20 10:15 p.m.

Valid point.  That would work assuming it's not too low. 

Maybe make the entire splitter removable for ease of loading/changing as another option.  More work but more benefits?

Oh, and congratulations on 100 pages!  It's been a great read.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
1/21/20 9:47 a.m.

So, I had some renders done on the Pink Panther

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
1/21/20 9:09 p.m.

You can now get Pink Panther Race Car stickers, shirts, hoodies and tank tops at my company store Pink Panther gear on the Speedworld Online Store

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/9/20 8:07 a.m.

It's been too long since I posted here and it's time for an update. I have come in 3rd at Nationals the last two years in a row and I feel like 2nd or even 1st were within my grasp had I done things a little differently. I realize I am going up against the best and I am not the best so some luck might be involved. I need some seat time so earlier this year I ran a shifter kart in a Las Vegas region autocross event FTD in Vegas! and this week I travel to the Dixie Tour to run a carbon fiber Jeep in DM Jeep at 2019 Nationals . I've also been studying some autocross theory and driving my Superkart indoors to sharpen my skills. I tried spending some time on the simulator (Forza 7 and Assetto Corsa) but that's been more frustrating than helpful. Anyways, I'll have a new video from Dixie, wish me luck.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/16/20 8:25 p.m.

Briget and I went to the Dixie Championship Tour and we couldn't bring the Pink Panther so we did the next best thing and raced a DM Jeep that felt a lot like our car. Dixie Tour Video

Samebutdifferent
Samebutdifferent New Reader
3/16/20 8:42 p.m.

Congratulations!!!!

A 1 - 2 finish in a car you've never driver before.  I'd say both of you are on the right track to taking the crown this year.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/17/20 6:27 p.m.

In reply to Samebutdifferent :

Love your confidence in me, I hope I can have more of it in myself

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
3/17/20 6:34 p.m.

Is this Del Long's Jeep?

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/17/20 7:41 p.m.

In reply to SkinnyG :

Yes, Del built it then Chris put a bunch of time and money making it better

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
3/17/20 9:49 p.m.

Way wack what are the particulars(thread elsewhere?) on this ???............Congrats yu tu yooots!!!!

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/18/20 7:14 a.m.
759NRNG said:

Way wack what are the particulars(thread elsewhere?) on this ???............Congrats yu tu yooots!!!!

Del Long wanted to build a car with a small wheelbase (80") and in DM the car has to be recognizable as a car sold in north america, the 1957 Jeep fit the bill and the bonus was that all the body panels are straight so they are easy to build. The chassis started life as a Baby Grand (I think) then was modified for autocross. It's got Wilwood brakes, Winters quick change rear end, Double adjustable shocks, HGT Sequential gearbox, 1.4 Turbo Ecotec out of Chevy Trax and we tested it on Hoosiers and Avons. It does not have flat shifting (yet) so you use the clutch to get going then just lift and shift after that. It was easy to drive except the throttle is 0-100% in about an inch (no exaggeration) and it will spin so quick that there's no time to react.

demnted
demnted New Reader
3/19/20 10:01 a.m.

Just WOW and way to go!

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/3/20 6:40 p.m.

I had to move all my Pink Panther and Suburban stuff out of the track. Because of Covid-19, we are no longer allowed to operate and so far our landlord and insurance company still want full payment and since we have zero income, it's not looking good. I had to move my stuff out in anticipation of not having the place much longer. Sad times for the Pink Panther family ;(  I don't know how but I still want to go to Nationals this year and since I still have the building for April, I plan on doing some work on the car.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 6:56 p.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

That really sucks. I was driving by our local kart track yesterday thinking that I really doubt they'll be able to survive this. 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/3/20 7:31 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to loosecannon :

That really sucks. I was driving by our local kart track yesterday thinking that I really doubt they'll be able to survive this. 

I think a lot of independent businesses like ours are not going to survive. The truth is that we have a huge expense to cover every month and as long as people keep coming through the door, it's not a problem to cover the expenses but force us to close for a week or a month and we get behind and will never catch up. We have had 16 great years but something like this is out of our control and likely unrecoverable. I am also a welder and long haul truck driver so hopefully I can find something

alfadriver (Forum Supporter)
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/4/20 7:17 a.m.

It's too bad that the building owner and insurance companies can't see that losing your business means lost money for a longer time than just the shutdown.  Like how long will the building sit there empty if they force you out?  

And the insurance company is facing a lot less risk right now with you closed- they should be ok with less, too.

759NRNG (Forum Supporter)
759NRNG (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/4/20 11:01 a.m.

Dang bro......at least all your pretties are safe and sound.....OTR trucking (duh) is in high demand .....just sayin'

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/4/20 11:53 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver (Forum Supporter) :

Those are next quarters problems.  This quarter the earning statement looks better if we force people to pay us now for the last times ever.  ..

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/4/20 3:15 p.m.
759NRNG (Forum Supporter) said:

Dang bro......at least all your pretties are safe and sound.....OTR trucking (duh) is in high demand .....just sayin'

If I return to my former career as a long haul truck driver, I'll make sure to look you up in Texas

Samebutdifferent
Samebutdifferent Reader
4/5/20 1:58 p.m.

That's just wrong for multiple reasons and I really hate to see it come down to that.  If you return to OTR and happen to be in Texas, please look me up too.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
4/5/20 8:25 p.m.

Is there any relief possibilities coming from your provincial or national government?  Or even a low-interest small business loan program?

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/5/20 8:47 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver (Forum Supporter) :

Typical short term fiscal approach so common nowadays. 

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/5/20 9:00 p.m.

I'm a commercial landlord. Any landlord not bending over backwards for their good tenants right now is shooting themselves in the foot. I'm doing everything feasible to help my tenants make it through this. My bills aren't stopping either, but they'll still come if the building is empty too!

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/5/20 10:09 p.m.
dculberson (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm a commercial landlord. Any landlord not bending over backwards for their good tenants right now is shooting themselves in the foot. I'm doing everything feasible to help my tenants make it through this. My bills aren't stopping either, but they'll still come if the building is empty too!

I hope the landlord comes around, they make $10,000 a month profit off of us for 16 years now, you would think they would give a little back.

1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 113

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SquackC3afjF5W7joWdC3g4gpbNzLggYtTCEmwOEKDk1Ow0AHlyRk4XApOYfIocs