1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 113
loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
6/23/20 8:22 a.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

No, I don't have an inlet for the air. The vents are an experiment, we'll see what happens

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/24/20 5:06 a.m.

my first instinct is that you've got them too far back.  but, then again, you've built some 'pretty sweet ramps'... so I think they'll be pretty successful at creating a suction zone to help extract the hot air under hood.

also digging the bit of extra pink on the rear spoiler

good luck with your tests!

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
6/24/20 9:15 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

Sorry to tell you but the extra pink on the spoiler is just pool noodles to protect the spoiler from my ramp that swings forward when I hit the brakes.

sleepyhead the buffalo
6/24/20 10:43 a.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

darnit

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/28/20 12:58 p.m.

Just got caught up on this thread after falling behind in the last few months, how about adding small diffusers to the front splitter ahead of the front wheels? Don't know if EMod rules alow that but it could be a way to get more front downforce. Bigger endplates could also help, I think you'll gain much more by increasing pressure above the splitter than you'll lose by reducing outwash.

Also, do you think this car could fit 15" wheels with low-profile tires? Could be a good option for when you want to run street tires or use it on the track in the future. Maybe 15x9s or 15x10s with 245/40R15s?

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
6/28/20 3:16 p.m.

Knowing you and how you fixate on a situation .....these vents are probably optimal in their current location.  

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
7/1/20 10:10 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Just got caught up on this thread after falling behind in the last few months, how about adding small diffusers to the front splitter ahead of the front wheels? Don't know if EMod rules alow that but it could be a way to get more front downforce. Bigger endplates could also help, I think you'll gain much more by increasing pressure above the splitter than you'll lose by reducing outwash.

Also, do you think this car could fit 15" wheels with low-profile tires? Could be a good option for when you want to run street tires or use it on the track in the future. Maybe 15x9s or 15x10s with 245/40R15s?

The rules specifically ban diffusers on the front splitter but there was just a proposal by the Mod group to allow dive planes and bigger end plates in EM so if that happens, I'll be able to get extra downforce on the front. I used to run 15" wheels and still have them but finding DOT tires in the right sizes is impossible. I would have to go with much narrower tires and that would require narrower wheels. Money is tight so getting another set of wheels and tires is out of the question. There is a big question mark about if we will be allowed to cross the border to get to Nationals this year.

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/1/20 10:13 a.m.
loosecannon said:
There is a big question mark about if we will be allowed to cross the border to get to Nationals this year.

I hadn't even considered the border issue.  As of about 30 seconds ago, we officially decided that we are going to skip nats this year.  Our only event this year has been Dixie, the car still needs to hit the dyno and get practice time, and you're only talking 9 weeks before going to the middle of a country that can't get their E36 M3 together on Covid to hang out with several hundred people.  We just think it's better to punt.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
7/1/20 12:24 p.m.

I "hung out" at the drag strip with at least 300 people the last three weekends in a row for 3 days and few if any wore masks and no one got sick.

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
7/1/20 8:07 p.m.

In reply to bentwrench :

It doesn't work like that. It takes up to 14 days for You to  get it and yet you may have no symptoms.  But as a carrier introduce it to some who brings it home to someone who dies.  Not just the elderly but people with diabetes, asthma, etc. if they catch it, it's a death sentence.  

More and more of the 20-30 somethings are developing it which is why record numbers of cases are being confirmed.   
We are over 2&1/2 million confirmed cases. Now.  
The solution is masks. 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
7/2/20 7:45 a.m.
frenchyd said:

The solution is masks. 

My wife has a mask company MASK Appeal and we ship everywhere

sleepyhead the buffalo
7/4/20 4:16 a.m.
loosecannon said:

My wife has a mask company MASK Appeal and we ship everywhere

you might want to tell the website that

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
7/4/20 8:06 a.m.

I just talked to her, yeh, she ships to Canada and USA only for now. Sorry about that.

sleepyhead the buffalo
7/4/20 9:15 a.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

no worries.  I was primarily curious... I'm well aware there's a certain difficulty in shipping between North America and the EU right now.  Good Luck to y'all with your endeavors.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
7/15/20 11:24 p.m.

I spent the whole day testing alignment, aerodynamics and torque maps then I took the Pink Panther out on a road course. It was fun and fast and handled great, Watch the video Episode 258 I go 200 km/h!!

adam525i (Forum Supporter)
adam525i (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/16/20 11:33 a.m.

That looked like a fun day.

What's the conclusion with the hood vents? Don't leave us hanging!

Adam

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
7/16/20 1:47 p.m.
adam525i (Forum Supporter) said:

That looked like a fun day.

What's the conclusion with the hood vents? Don't leave us hanging!

Adam

I couldn't get consistent enough air intake temps to definitively tell if they made a difference. I also tried both hoods on the figure 8 and couldn't tell if the vents changed handling at all but the vents seemed to make the car looser on the big track. This actually doesn't surprise me, my aero guy said the vents would disrupt air going to the spoiler and would reduce downforce.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
7/16/20 2:40 p.m.

Was that test day at Gimli?

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
7/16/20 3:02 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Yes

sleepyhead the buffalo
8/3/20 4:05 a.m.

#259 is up....

re: vents giving bad air to the rear spoiler

Is there a rule that the vents have to be symmetric?  what's kyle's thought about only running a vent on the driver's side... since the air is already being spoiled by the driver/bar?

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
8/3/20 10:14 a.m.

I don't know what Kyle thinks about a vent on just the drivers side. I'm just going to run the smooth hood because it's lighter.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
8/3/20 5:40 p.m.

Just seeing this in all it's  glory  at full song (80mph@2ndgear) was well worth the price of ytube admission.....carry on MarkSW

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/3/20 6:21 p.m.

Nice, looks like it is really hooking up now.  Do you know if you will be able to attend nationals?  I haven't kept up on border status.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
8/3/20 9:06 p.m.
nocones said:

Nice, looks like it is really hooking up now.  Do you know if you will be able to attend nationals?  I haven't kept up on border status.

Nationals is out of the question this year. The border  is closed for drive through traffic and even if it opened, we would have to quarantine for 2 weeks when we got back, and that can't happen, either. Personally, I would like to see the SCCA call off Nationals this year because a lot of people simply can't go.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
8/12/20 8:35 p.m.

I know some of you OG's miss the Jaguar V12, well, here it is as a coffee table

1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 113

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QO5Btn74tplriH9kQM6YSuFBG1zJ5NuJJx9Tn7Y1TVmUeTYERrlvwOrxOTFg0mA4