1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 113
SkinnyG
SkinnyG SuperDork
1/16/18 11:42 p.m.

I got the same email.  Apparently I am a "bad actor" and do not "contribute positively to the community."

I didn't know my "how to use a lathe" series, and "how to adjust rocker arms" or "how to pack wheel bearings" were so offensive.

We're evil, you and me. The best kind of evil, in my opinion.

Linky to my YouTube Evil.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/18 2:48 p.m.
loosecannon said:

Well, this is a kick in the teeth. I started doing YouTube videos to entertain and maybe, just maybe I could make a few dollars so I could buy more or better parts for the car. They take a lot of extra time and I try to make them informative but I guess they aren't about a drift car or whatever and now YouTube has decided that my channel isn't popular enough to be monetized. I just got this e-mail from YouTube:

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
1/18/18 9:53 p.m.

I could be wrong but I think I am getting better at this video stuff

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/18/18 10:22 p.m.

Can I have the 'X' brace(autographed) for my birthday in May???? 

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
1/18/18 10:24 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Send me your address

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/18/18 10:34 p.m.

text ate3two465one22six.......that 'X' will hang with honor in my humble crap filled grosh.......maybe even shadow boxed......errr not

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
1/19/18 9:06 p.m.

Remember when Jalopnik did a story on the car? I wish I had a YouTube page then, it would have made all the difference

https://jalopnik.com/5798539/v12-powered-mgb-gt-project-is-the-ultimate-knuckle-buster/

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/19/18 9:44 p.m.

Shoot bro... i thought I'd read all about  this , but  my bad.....the'73 in the grosh  fifty feet from  me as I 'blogthreadtype'  needs another 'looksee' ....My "B'  has the OD trans ......Koni rear shocks.w/mounts......up front ,custom fabed shock towers with Konis' and  MGC upper arms.....the shock towers were from the NEOhio/Erie Penn part of  our planet..........have the paper work.......somewhere....yes there are no more lever arms but....

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
1/20/18 3:41 p.m.

The tender and helper springs have arrived. I don't know which ones I will use but I'll try both (not at the same time, duh)

" />

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/20/18 7:31 p.m.

Tenders and helpers???? I thought you were looking at a single solution.....keeping the main spring in place when experiencing major  droop episodes...............

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
1/20/18 10:56 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

If you watch the "My Rear is Droopy" video, you see that at full droop, the springs pull away from the spring perch and the solution is a helper or tender spring. Maybe when I put the softer rear springs in, I won't need them but until then I need one or the other.

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
1/22/18 7:43 p.m.

Tender springs installed and adjustable steering rack mount built

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/22/18 10:00 p.m.

The steering rack mount why???? bumpsteer,with the new shock arrangement???

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
1/22/18 10:18 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

The Performance Trends program says that at my current rack location, I don't have good Ackerman. I need to move the rack forward 1 inch to be perfect, and I have to lower the rod ends on the steering arms 1 inch to eliminate bump steer. I am trying to get the car perfect and these changes need to be made.

saazbaru
saazbaru New Reader
1/22/18 11:47 p.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

If moving the rod ends on the steering arms and the rack is too hard, I know for our Baja SAE car we always were willing to make a funky clevis to mount the tie rods to the rack. Never actually had to but we considered that solution.

Just a thought

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
1/23/18 6:57 a.m.

In reply to saazbaru :

The rack is already moved via the new mount and I built the steering arms so moving them a little won't be a big deal. That is the advantage of having built so much of it from scratch over the years, I now have the confidence that I can build/alter just about anything

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/23/18 9:15 a.m.

Scoreboard on the Ackerman?

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
1/23/18 10:17 p.m.
JGRAHAM
JGRAHAM Reader
1/24/18 6:07 a.m.

It's been a pleasant surprise to find your YouTube channel! Thanks for taking the time to film some of your work.  It gets the ideas brewing on my own project.  One question: where have you bought the 911 torsion bars and splined end pieces?  I'd like to incorporate that style of sway bar on the Ranger.

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
1/24/18 8:50 a.m.

In reply to JGRAHAM :

The Porsche torsion bars are bought used on EBay, and you will need the adjusters as well. I'm glad you are enjoying the channel, please subscribe and share with your friends

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/24/18 6:21 p.m.

Loose... having read RoverPowers' take on your 'progress'......let me state two glaring errors on his/her? part. Heshe may be your biggest fan over 'there', but around these parts I got your back. Next, your journey with Pink has been nothing but phenomenal all things considered. For an 'armchair' to call you out for your lack of trophies shows their true lack of the knowledge regarding the progression of this exercise known as 'PinkP'. Yes JeffK rules , but his war chest is, I'm assuming pretty stout(psuedo sponsorship, eh?). Not to mention i get the distinct impression he 'arrives and drives'  wink  

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
1/24/18 6:48 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

I never know what to say to that guy. He has been strongly critical of me in the past and seems to make a much bigger deal out of things than what they deserve. I try not to feel like it's an attack but sometimes that's exactly what it feels like. I almost stopped making any update posts on the car after one of his tirades. I'm hard enough on myself over mistakes and dead-ends in the cars development, having Statler and Waldorf up in the balcony doesn't help.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/24/18 6:58 p.m.

Shake it off.  

The majority of us are freaking loving this.

Keep it up!

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
1/24/18 7:00 p.m.

It occurred to me that some of you might find it interesting to see all the data I had to provide Ron Sutton Race Technology for them to analyze and optimize my set up. I have attached photos of all the data points I had to measure but let me be clear, these are not pictures of my data points. I'm pretty open about my build but I'm not going to show all my cards. It took a long time to do all this measuring.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/24/18 9:27 p.m.

Have you ever done any scale work to get CG height and center of mass axis for the car?    

After looking at the cars at Nationals cars like yours and the jeeps appear to be a bit more "square" in their mass distribution then Kiesels car in Emod and the Lotus in DMod. 

It will be interesting to see how much of your unloading was due to actual lifting of the wheel vs weight transfer.  Watching the car run it appeared to roll smoothly to the limit.  I've driven cars with truly limited droop and it is generally visible when the the suspension transitions from pure roll to trying to lift the inside wheel.  Generally it is also noticeable in handling because the roll center transitions very quickly laterally when the force provided by the inside tire goes away nonlinearly as the tire lifts.   This should have caused a change in blance front to rear when this point was reached.  It seems the only bad trait you had was lack of thrust not a sudden change in balance.  Though I haven't driven the car perhaps that was happening.

Im anxious to see how the continual improvements pay off.  Keep after it, you don't have that far to go and your results to date have been awesome.

I still think it would have been interesting to throw a spool in the car the way it was to see if it would drive like a Kart.

1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 113

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XdKpMsNkyfD7R6Hx0U5ZaeJGvyXYaalcGUaaTIslGKQfBgfYsXIDxnIDCIHx88iY