1 2 3
AxeHealey
AxeHealey Reader
12/7/17 8:54 a.m.

I took a little trip down to Florida last week/end to visit some friends and catch the HSR Sebring Class 12. Awesome event and it was great to be back at Sebring with my Florida racing friends.

Home for the weekend with my friend's E21.

Not a bad view Saturday morning...

I had never seen someone run an alternator off a CV before...pretty creative.

One of the best looking cars of the weekend in my opinion.

I have a few videos I want to share but haven't been able to make them work so...back to business. The rear upright panel for the Healey FINALLY arrived yesterday so I took it right over to the shop after work and put it in.

Mocked up:

Final resting place with the rear floors laid in place.

I spent some time last week removing the bits of undercoating the the sandblaster didn't get and I'm picking up the repaired shrouds this Saturday. We're really coming to the end of chassis work!

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
12/7/17 9:11 a.m.

You have put a lot of fresh tin into that tub. We are lucky in the Brit car hobby to have reasonable panels for doing this kind of work. We can complain about the price, but wait till you have to have a quarter panel built from $cratch.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Reader
12/7/17 12:49 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Yes probably too much, to be honest. I think this thing was on the border line between saving and not. But family connection, lunacy etc...

If all of these replacement panels had to be custom made, there would be no project that's for sure!

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
Pk7HcIpCRPtuNjiwisdi15khfr3FbSoW