1 ... 5 6 7
Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
3/27/17 3:30 p.m.
bobjacobson wrote: In reply to Javelin: So I finally had to join this forum to comment. I sold my 97 Cobra last year I had very similar modifications, except I ended up removing my panhard bar setup and putting in a 2003 Cobra IRS. Subrframe brace and poly bushings and the rear was transformed. It was also a half inch wider which took care of the rubbing issues on 315s (with modified frame bolts) Glad you are enjoying it. I sure miss mine I loved that car. I am enjoying its replacment too though.

Dude. Damn. Your Cobra is what I wish mine was, down to the paint color and the IRS. I have to say though, I would totally dump mine for a Boss 302, too.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Dork
3/27/17 3:52 p.m.

I miss the wife's old 2012 gt.

I just got into so much damn trouble with the power it had... (3 tickets in as many months.)...

bobjacobson
bobjacobson New Reader
3/27/17 6:12 p.m.

In reply to Javelin:

I got the IRS in a straight swap with a guy who wanted a solid rear for drag racing. I put in a set of 4.10 gears at the same time and that was huge. Those motors really like to rev and that helped a lot.

I ran H&R race springs with bilstiens mm caster camber plates steeda x2 ball joints and a 275 tire in the front without issues. I can't remember my alignment specs exactly but I think it was 0 toe 5 on the caster and -2 camber.

Like you are experiencing it always pushed in tight corners on an auto cross. I learned to drive around it, but it was always the most frustrating part.

Keep at it. I will always have a soft spot for 96-98 cobras... they are getting pretty rare these days.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
4/11/17 6:43 p.m.

I'm just about ready for my first Track Night in America on Friday, even sprung for the on-track insurance coverage (only $102). I've done HPDE's before, including one at PIR, but haven't done one in 8 years... I signed up for the Novice section!

Sky_Render
Sky_Render SuperDork
4/19/17 10:11 a.m.

So how'd the Track Night go?

1 ... 5 6 7
Our Preferred Partners
aZjPHIh59ReglJcx03sw5lmEs8LwgflrmIROWo14bn2iIMnsSfom2aYlugnBi8kh