1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 54
Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/24/17 6:55 a.m.

We have the quickest readily available power steering box already.

Front is as low as we can realistically get is and still have travel and tbe abilitu to align it.

Also, if we move the front wheels inboard, we start hitting tires on stuff.

All possibilities after the challenge, but with the massive amount of fab that would be necessary to do it, im not sure we would have the time or budget before the challenge.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
7/24/17 10:34 a.m.

MC alias db13, all Gary is lacking are side bars like a NE super modified...oh and a skosh down in the arse.... you are so close with this. keep on keepin' on...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
7/26/17 9:07 a.m.

If pictures are worth a thousand words, then this one would say badass one thousand times. There is so much awesome in that image, I peed a little.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/26/17 9:13 a.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

I honestly didn't realize just how badass this thing was until I saw other people's good pictures from the autocross. Another debating whether or not I need fender flares or paint for that matter. I'd still like to add aero for just a little more badassness though.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Reader
7/26/17 9:24 a.m.

I would not paint it. You could make a set of bolt on style fender flares, and some aero. Then I'd say this thing complete. But that's just my opinion. It's your car.

Nice Build. Can't wait to see it in person.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
7/26/17 9:25 a.m.

Exposed skins rule!!!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
7/26/17 9:38 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: In reply to 4cylndrfury: I honestly didn't realize just how badass this thing was until I saw other people's good pictures from the autocross. Another debating whether or not I need fender flares or paint for that matter. I'd still like to add aero for just a little more badassness though.

Flares...definitely needs flares. Part of me like how Mad-Max the thing is with the meats hanging out, but the part of me that prefers finished and intentional design desires it to wear flares. Kind of like putting a 350lb Linebacker in an Armani suit...oozing destructive power from all over, but with just enough polish that you can still go out in public during the day

t25torx
t25torx Dork
7/26/17 2:14 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: If pictures are worth a thousand words, then this one would say badass one thousand times. There is so much awesome in that image, I peed a little.

That thing is begging for some Monza style flairs on it. I love it though.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/26/17 4:27 p.m.

Not sure how i feel about the monza flares.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/26/17 4:30 p.m.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/26/17 4:31 p.m.

Dads idea for flares.....

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
7/26/17 5:03 p.m.

Screw the flares and aero. You need.....NERF BARS!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/26/17 7:30 p.m.

In reply to Ovid_and_Flem:

We add a new event to The Challenge? Punting Stampy's car for distance!

Or the automotive soccer game like they did on Top Gear...

Even better! We could use the AMC to push broken cars around the autocross and the drag strip so they at least get a Time.

coexist
coexist Reader
7/26/17 7:37 p.m.

Never thought I'd say this:

Needs a bigger exhaust pipe/ tip. Maybe dual tips.

to match the tire excess. Like the Monza picture...

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/26/17 7:39 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

Only problem is it's been proven that Ovid_and_Flem's C4 can't catch up to my car. How's that going to work?

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
7/26/17 8:13 p.m.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/26/17 8:21 p.m.

In reply to Stampie:

Im fairly certain we can at least keep your taillights in view...

And dont mind me. Im just stirring you and ovids pot a little bit. Please dont take it in anything even remotely like serious. Im afraid that my smart assness doesn't come across well over al gores internet.

Stampie
7/26/17 8:41 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

I have a feeling there's a triangle love affair of smartassness happening between you, O&F, and I. Add in some E36 M3 talking and we're all good.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
7/26/17 8:53 p.m.

A triangle love affair or a Circle Jerk? Which one.

Stampie
7/26/17 8:57 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Tomaytoes, tomattows. To each his own.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/26/17 9:49 p.m.

Umm....

This is getting a bit kinky. Im already questioned by my co workers because i drive a miata......

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
7/26/17 9:58 p.m.
Chadeux wrote:

So how would i make bolt on flares like these? Im digging them.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
7/26/17 10:05 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

My first thought is get some big blocks of foam and a sanding block to make forms, Then do fiberglass magic. If it wasn't obvious, I've never worked with fiberglass.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
7/26/17 10:59 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Umm.... This is getting a bit kinky. Im already questioned by my co workers because i drive a miata......

You're the one who built an AMX-rated car.

And when I suggested NERF bar I ain't talking about push bars on the front. I'm talking on each side for rubbin' in the turns.....

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
7/26/17 11:09 p.m.
Stampie wrote: In reply to Dusterbd13: I have a feeling there's a triangle love affair of smartassness happening between you, O&F, and I. Add in some E36 M3 talking and we're all good.

Why I sent you the fire suit....so I can flame yo atse.

1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 54

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IyVuYAYqqPwW9LBwtJZV0rpNwOBEAE7BIo7S0CXY2ul4RSfVq644Gt3RxiXbOnzd