singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
7/17/13 3:52 p.m.

Picked up my 96 960 wagon yesterday. More info coming after work.

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
7/17/13 9:25 p.m.

Got her for $300 dollars and drove her home. The 2.9 has a burnt value. Other than that it is a pretty straight and rust free (hard to find a $300 car in MO like that) ride. Plans are to replace the motor with a more interesting option. So far the front runners are T6, T5, and LS1 (lm7 probably) in that order. The Ts are pretty much drop ins as the Volvo White block is a modular motor. Theoretical, I could use an s40 1.9t motor for a real light package but that is pushing my lower limits. What I am looking for now is a wrecked but running s80 T6. I would steal the motor, seats, and wheels from it and hopefully get all that for under a grand before parting and scrap. Pictures tomorrow when the sun is up.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
7/17/13 10:59 p.m.

S80 T6 for sure! Keep it in the family!

cdowd
cdowd Reader
7/18/13 3:15 p.m.

This is a build i am looking forward to.

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
7/19/13 7:37 p.m.

I owe you guys some photos

And a wheel stolen from my wifes Focus... center bore is too small

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
7/19/13 11:01 p.m.

Nice! I'm kinda glad the center bore is too small...something else will look much better than those. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the car!

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
7/20/13 9:16 a.m.

I always liked the wheels that came on the v70r, Pegasus I think they were called.

Sweet car, those 960s make great freeway cruisers.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
7/20/13 9:24 a.m.

Those Pegasus are pricey if you can find a set; I vote fix what's there or v8. Same basic cost and plenty more power.

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
7/20/13 2:07 p.m.

I was just checking fitment. I thought they weren't right for the Volvo. There are other focus wheels I would like to have. Oh well guess I'll have to go aftermarket.

I am looking at sub 1k s80s with a t6. That is my preferred donor at the moment.

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
9/13/13 7:46 p.m.

Minor update!

I have 2 t6 motors from 2004 s80s. One is really screwed (busted timing belt on interference) and one that had some water in it but should be good of I throw bearings and gaskets at it. I am now planning to swap a Toyota w58 in behind it at the same time.

In other news:

Some guy on a volvo forum said: The porting and spacing matches the porting and spacing of the M52 motors exhaust manifolds. Only difference is the bolt pattern on the flange. http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant...ory_Code=MFBMW Lucky for me that Yoshifab sells a 6 cylinder flange.  http://yoshifab.com/store/index.php?...d&productId=15 Cut off the BMW flange, weld on the Volvo flange, and you have yourself a single turbo exhaust manifold for a T6 motor. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q1noS6yRECD8DxgmdP8d9YDAou7fXZryyZCH1RqI2RoqtVZxVbnOPonoyQaSzCef