1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/30/17 8:36 p.m.

this one is 275/285.  it would not stay that way devil

it's entirely possible it ends up with a 6.0 or 5.7 when it gets warm out.  if i can find a cheap 6.0 block I have a crank, pistons, rods, and ls2 heads.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
12/30/17 8:46 p.m.

Spray two stages check ....snails twice check .....uhh superchargerI(vortec check)...oh there it is ......hmmmm brackets where are those effin brackets ...Ow!!was that the water to air intercooler  I just stubbed my toe on!!berk?!?!?!?!!!  BOXFLARES....out.....should really think about a parachute/wheelie bars.......

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/30/17 9:40 p.m.

so, front or rear radiator?   or is this going to have Stampie cooling?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/30/17 10:13 p.m.

I am shocked that the widths are so close. I thought it would take a lot more flare.  I imagine something along these lines:  

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
12/31/17 9:34 a.m.

about Flair's,

Less is More.

Those Beautiful Curved Sides.

Only need a Little and you say you are bringing the rears in some .......

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/31/17 12:01 p.m.

WOW!!! Did not see this coming! Awesome idea that already looks amazing. I can't wait to see it at the Challenge. Good luck with build, I'll be following along very closely. 

Do you have any more pictures or details about your 4x4" body lifting crane? I need something like that for the Rice Rod's cab. I keep adding parts and weight to it, but still need to paint the frame. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
12/31/17 12:48 p.m.

Love the Corvair body swap!  Even if my car is not ready for the challenge, I want to go so I can see this in action.

Patrick
1/2/18 4:13 p.m.

here's present time.  getting the garage ready to go back in.  

this is the corvette A pillar inside the corvair door opening.  on the driver's side it's already opened up below the dash for more room to get feet inside.  will make a small panel to fill between it and the corvair A pillar to seal everything off.

here is the corvette to corvair dash area.  i have more metal to remove before I can fit the corvette dash and make a trim panel to cover the elevation difference.  Planning for the corvette's heads up display to work.  

this is the view rearward into the new trunk area.  Plan is to finish this area nicely and leave it open to the interior.  Long term I want to keep this car as a nice driver, it's not just a challenge car.  Leaving this area open would allow for longer items to be carried around, akin to a very large version of the pass through on the WRX.  

corvair sill sitting directly on the c5 frame rail

seating position, you can see why i desire a quick release hub,  i've been in it, and other than that being a 14" seat for someone tiny so my butt doesn't fit, it feels really awesome.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/2/18 5:15 p.m.

I'm loving this more and more. Amazing how it is all matching up. 

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
1/2/18 5:48 p.m.

This is right up there with Roadkill's Nascarlo in sheer 'mazingness. The name is equally awesome and very fitting. Things like this are the reason I joined GRM,and doing it on challenge budget? unbelievable. Thanks for sharing.

Patrick
1/2/18 6:10 p.m.

I do have seats too.  Have some new buckets with tracks and adapters for a beretta that can be cut up into corvette adapters.  They cost me $50 10 years ago and have been in the basement since at my parents house.  I’m sure i can track down the kid I got them from to verify the price.  

Also found that summit racing can order me a weld in c5 roll bar kit for $199, so i’m hoping they mail out some $25 off $150 purchase coupons soon

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/18 6:56 p.m.

It's a Corcorvettevair!!! surprise

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
1/2/18 7:56 p.m.

I prefer Corvairette

Patrick
1/2/18 8:21 p.m.

Prior to Darth Nader, the working name was Corv², will still make up some badges for that

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/2/18 8:30 p.m.

Super cool project. Amazing!

midniteson
midniteson Reader
1/3/18 1:55 a.m.

Good work. Great name, It looks mean. I love it.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/3/18 5:57 a.m.

Playing off the Nadar title of Unsafe at any Speed... 

"Still unsafe, just more speed." 

Or

How I removed the "unsafe" by adding more "speed"

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
1/3/18 6:16 a.m.

Trying to get a better sense of how the Corvair sills and Vette chassis come together.  Are the corvair sills intact and sitting on top of the vette frame or did you section the sills out and basically replace them with the vette frame struture? It looks like the corvair sills have been cut out?

And what is the yellow car to the side. At first I thought MGA but not quite right?

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
1/3/18 7:04 a.m.

It looks like the corvair is sitting on top of the vette frame in this Pic .  I bet that is the Panhard or Devon not sure what it's really called,  but,  talk about rare.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/3/18 9:54 a.m.

Corvduece

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
1/3/18 9:58 a.m.

Well berkeley now I really have to make it to the Challenge this year, don't I?  This thing is going to be incredible.

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
1/3/18 11:14 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Well berkeley now I really have to make it to the Challenge this year, don't I?  This thing is going to be incredible.

The $2018 Challenge is going to be epic.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
1/3/18 11:16 a.m.

I will say...

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
1/3/18 11:46 a.m.

Corvescare!

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/3/18 2:21 p.m.

So so so epic.