1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24
logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/23/20 7:53 p.m.

I thought about painting them red so they would be racing drums, but decided to leave them alone and let them turn a natural rust color.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
9/23/20 7:55 p.m.

I got all fancy and replaced the dented dust cap.  I still have to finish the right front, but Im 75% through the brake job.  Or break job if I was listing on Craigslist.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
9/23/20 9:20 p.m.
logdog (Forum Supporter) said:

...Im 75% through the brake job.  Or break job if I was listing on Craigslist.

Lol

I hope that heater core's not too tough to change.  In any case it's not fun to have to do it again so quickly.  

logdog (Forum Supporter)
9/24/20 7:44 a.m.
ClemSparks said:

...Im 75% through the brake job.  Or break job if I was listing on Craigslist.

Lol

I hope that heater core's not too tough to change.  In any case it's not fun to have to do it again so quickly.  

The heater core is super easy since it doesn't have AC or dash vents.  Im going to have more time in cleaning up the mess. The new one arrived and it doesn't look like it came from the same Lowest Bidder Aftermarket Parts Factory in China, so fingers crossed!  

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
9/24/20 1:33 p.m.

Yeah, that's a huge factor now (part quality).  I almost mused, "It might be worth paying the premium for a Motorcraft heater core this time around." but thought it might come across to preachy (plus, I know *I* would probably opt for a middle-of-the-road one myself after pricing a Motorcraft one ;))

Also-Plus I don't know if Motorcraft would even still have one for this.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
9/24/20 4:00 p.m.

I actually looked for a Motorcraft, but its discontinued.  There are 3 different cores for these- Standard/High Output/with AC.  Mine is standard.  I looked into doing the high output but it has a different box so I didn't bother.  The one I bought last year (Spectra) has been discontinued.  Rockauto lists 2 brands, APDI and OSC that are the same price.  I went with APDI because it shipped from the same warehouse as some of the other parts I needed.  Fingers crossed!

logdog (Forum Supporter)
9/27/20 6:44 p.m.
logdog said:

I have my brackets.  I was in California last week and stopped by a yard and pulled them.  It was so nice taking apart a 35 year old suspension with hand tools.  I got the brackets and an intermittent wiper setup.

Over 15 months later I finally performed the intensive job of installing the intermittent wiper module.  Fun Facts- Its plug and play.  It took 60 seconds.  I don't know why I was to lazy too do it before now.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
9/27/20 9:16 p.m.

I actually looked for a Motorcraft, but its discontinued.  There are 3 different cores for these- Standard/High Output/with AC.  Mine is standard.  I looked into doing the high output but it has a different box so I didn't bother.  The one I bought last year (Spectra) has been discontinued.  Rockauto lists 2 brands, APDI and OSC that are the same price.  I went with APDI because it shipped from the same warehouse as some of the other parts I needed.  Fingers crossed!

Too little, too late, but in the future I'd give OSC a nod.  We sell those as our private label and they've performed well for us.  I know nothing of APDI and I hope for your sake it's every bit as good ;)  

I would hope they're both better than a Spectra, lol.  (well...I already KNOW one of them is.)

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/6/20 2:19 p.m.

We have lived in PA for 5 years now and have yet to make it to "The Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania".   So last weekend we made the 300+ mile round trip with the van to go see and hike it.

A couple postcard shots of the gorge-

The van was quite the happy sight after I hiked my chunky butt to the river at the bottom and back.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/6/20 2:21 p.m.

In Elmira NY on the way back I had my first instance of the linkage hanging up since I went through everything after the 2019 Moscow rally.  I was able to jiggle it under the hood while my wife pushed in the clutch and then it shifted fine the rest of the trip.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/6/20 8:54 p.m.

I had that van (in blue) back in the mid 90's! It was even clean and rust free for our southern climates. I had helped the p. o. swap out the 300 I6 with a 302. Fun van. I also had (from same p.o.) a 72 long WB with windows in rear doors. Had the factory 302 that had been hopped up a bit. I liked the 72 a bit better, so I handed the 73 off to a friend, who drove it for years, and to another friend after that. Glad to see a survivor on the road.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/12/20 7:25 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Thats awesome!  I LOVE the 68-74 Econolines.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/12/20 7:27 a.m.

Well..... We went back and forth on it and waited until the last day to sign up, but we are doing the Lemons Rally this week (Unless 2020 has more up its sleeve between now and then laugh)

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/12/20 5:59 p.m.

The Vanadillo stickers worked out well for the Texas Rally last fall so I put together a sticker for New England.  With social distancing and no meetups it might be a little more difficult to pass them out, but to let the cat out of the bag, Danica will be joining us again.

solfly
solfly Dork
10/12/20 6:04 p.m.

Where in Portland?

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/12/20 6:12 p.m.
solfly said:

Where in Portland?

Not sure.  You never get the checkpoints until registration.

However they did just tweak the cities recently.  I ordered the stickers awhile ago.  

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/14/20 6:25 p.m.

We made it to Concord NH for our pre-rally hotel stay. The van did well and SWMBO has been posting lots of cat pics and puns to the social media.  

solfly
solfly Dork
10/14/20 6:53 p.m.

Enjoy. Rangely is gorgeous.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/15/20 7:20 p.m.

Day 1 of the rally is complete.  A few highlights.

We started at New Hampshire Motor Speedway

We took the brown van to Brown University

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/15/20 7:21 p.m.

We went to the highest elevation in the smallest state

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
10/15/20 7:31 p.m.

Did the brown van get to do a lap at NHMS? laugh   Also, both Brown University and the RI high point are close to Casa 11GTCS.  Where’s day two taking you?

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/15/20 8:30 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

They said they will try to let us do a parade lap when we get back.  

Day 2 is up mostly in VT and NH crossing over to ME 

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/16/20 8:28 p.m.

A couple pics from today.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/16/20 9:39 p.m.

Love the covered bridge picture, and keep the "cat the navigator" pictures comming, too.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
10/17/20 6:48 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Many, many more cat pics Here

1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JZ1ARopjiS1E94HQ5PDZFbwHyYOyItHLQ4RiSHwnXwsCiRtZ2hMJ5YWLvm2YySb6