1 2 3 4
Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/9/19 10:16 a.m.

Oof. So, when staying out at the cabin Saturday night and working on the bathroom floor (which is now within a few hours work of FINALLY being done...), I noticed that the water pressure was REALLY low- even out of the faucet on the back deck that is essentially the first in line to get water. After some checking that the pump was working and there was pressure at the gauge, I decided to try and experiment and switched the filter over from 'on' to 'bypass'... and viola- full water pressure (of still rather cloudy water). 

So, yesterday we learned that the 25-micron filter on its own lasts less than 6 weeks- and that is with only staying there every other weekend or so, not refilling the hot tub, etc... so that's NOT encouraging in the least bit. One of the higher priorities now will be for me to install the second filter housing in line with the first so I can run a 10-micron in front of the 25-micron in hopes of having the filters last more than a month under normal (hopefully frequent...) use. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/9/19 10:24 a.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

Oof. So, when staying out at the cabin Saturday night and working on the bathroom floor (which is now within a few hours work of FINALLY being done...), I noticed that the water pressure was REALLY low- even out of the faucet on the back deck that is essentially the first in line to get water. After some checking that the pump was working and there was pressure at the gauge, I decided to try and experiment and switched the filter over from 'on' to 'bypass'... and viola- full water pressure (of still rather cloudy water). 

So, yesterday we learned that the 25-micron filter on its own lasts less than 6 weeks- and that is with only staying there every other weekend or so, not refilling the hot tub, etc... so that's NOT encouraging in the least bit. One of the higher priorities now will be for me to install the second filter housing in line with the first so I can run a 10-micron in front of the 25-micron in hopes of having the filters last more than a month under normal (hopefully frequent...) use. 

I'm confused...  a 10 micron filter is just gonna clog up even quicker than the 25.

What micron level do you want to filter?  Use that size filter media.  Make the filter body bigger to last longer.

Also, if you want to get down to 10 micron, put that after the 25 micron, not before it.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
12/9/19 10:30 a.m.

Sounds like you are going to need a staged filter system to handle the silt. You should also look into a back flushing method to get more life out of the filters.

Pete

Ashyukun (Robert)
12/9/19 2:01 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Yeah, I had things both backwards and my numbers wrong.

The 25 micron filter will be first, and then the 5 micron (what I currently have in there).

Ashyukun (Robert)
1/14/20 12:16 p.m.

So, we signed the paperwork for listing the cabin for rental yesterday (we were out there for the day with some of the Dancer's family that had come to town for her show)- it will officially be available to rent starting Valentine's Day weekend, and up on the rental system as early as this next weekend (photographer is going to come out this week). Overall it's looking like it will work out well on the rental system, though there is one annoying condition to it- while we can block off and stay out there ourselves whenever we want, we still have to pay the cleaning fee ($40 I think) for each stay. Which means we're not likely to stay out there ourselves as often as we would otherwise if it's going to cost us $40 each time we go out there. We are hoping to revisit that in a little bit and see if we can work something out- there's a very good chance that the Dancer is going to be helping the owner of the company out with the decoration/design of some of the cabins they're in the midst of remodeling since he was severely impressed with how she decorated our own cabin.

Ashyukun (Robert)
2/4/20 8:42 a.m.

So.... pushing close to two years since we started construction on it, the cabin is finally up on the rental site and available to be rented:

Red River Gorge Cabin Company: Cave View Cabin

Ashyukun (Robert)
2/6/20 10:45 a.m.

We have our first rental of the cabin for two nights over Valentine's Day! Yay, it is actually going to be bringing in money!

(but sadly so far not making money given our cut of the income for those nights won't cover the cost of utilities for a month...)

golfduke
golfduke HalfDork
2/6/20 12:04 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

We have our first rental of the cabin for two nights over Valentine's Day! Yay, it is actually going to be bringing in money!

(but sadly so far not making money given our cut of the income for those nights won't cover the cost of utilities for a month...)

Congrats on... losing less money!!! 

Haha, but on a serious note- beautiful cabin that would surely bring me plenty of vertigo from that Deck!  Literally carved into a mountain!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hyB0zfxYDnIRYAvrmUOQl1Y0FkrY1tK5846yQwIVF3W4yrzoPGLVr97G8HX3W7Jd