1 2 3 4
Will
Will UltraDork
9/8/18 7:16 p.m.

Made more minor progress: Got the exhaust hooked up and some of the hoses installed. All of the wiring that doesn't connect to something on the upper intake is hooked up. The belt is on. The only reason I didn't put the upper intake on tonight is that I found a bad O-ring on the water pump bypass, so I couldn't install it, and it needs to go in before the intake. But digging through my box of parts for this project, I just now found a new one. With luck, in the morning I'll get the bypass and upper intake installed, then finish up the wiring harness.

The list:

• Wiring
  • Vacuum lines
  • Upper intake
  • Coil pack
  • Spark plug wires
  • Radiator
  • Fan wiring
  • Hoses
  • Fluids
  • Bumper
  • Grille
Will
Will UltraDork
9/9/18 9:36 a.m.

The engine is very nearly complete.

Got the upper intake and coil pack installed. Ran the spark plug wires. Really all that's left on the engine itself are one electrical connector and some vacuum lines. But I can't figure out where they go, so I need to do some research.

About that list:

• Wiring
  • Vacuum lines
  • Radiator
  • Fan wiring
  • Hoses
  • Fluids
  • Bumper
  • Grille
Will
Will UltraDork
9/10/18 6:09 p.m.

Figured out the last electrical connector, though the remaining vacuum & coolant lines remain a mystery. I may need to go to the junkyard this weekend just to look at similar trucks and take pictures of the stuff I can't figure out.

Added the oil. It's not leaking yet, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Will
Will UltraDork
9/16/18 3:30 p.m.

A friend came by today and helped me get the electric fans hooked up. Got the radiator in, and for a while I thought I hit another roadblock: The trans line fittings in the new radiator are smaller than the ones in my old radiator. Thought I might have to get some adapters, but I was able to swap the fittings from my old radiator to the new one.

The only thing preventing me from starting the engine is that I'm not 100% certain whether one hose on the intake is vacuum or coolant. Once I'm certain on that, I should be able to fire the truck.

Will
Will UltraDork
9/16/18 3:46 p.m.

Correction: There is also a monstrous coolant leak keeping me from starting the car. Looks to be at the thermostat housing, but I'm not positive. berkeley it for the day.

1 2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
mQ2f4k3AMnBOZzgmDVtd6tnggwSgfzmWvPfxm9Vlq5AJ0Z98fKQo6uyCVuECZNzt