1 ... 3 4 5
frenchyd
frenchyd HalfDork
10/27/17 3:59 p.m.

In reply to Ian F :I second the build your own.  Not that hard to do ( make sure you put mold splits in to prevent reverse drafting)   For example your 30 pound front hood could be around 10-12 pounds in carbon fiber.  

Its not hard to do or expensive nor do you have to get itchy.  There are plenty of step by steps on the internet

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/28/17 8:16 p.m.

The wheel/tire combination will be staying. It took me a run or two to get the pressures sorted, but overall, I think they are in improvement. 

It's probably in my head but it actually felt like it accelerated better. 

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/28/17 9:22 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

I went from some 29 pound Momo monsters on my NB Miata to 11lb Daisys and the difference in acceleration was pronounced. 

Toyman01
6/24/19 8:20 a.m.

One year, seven months. That's a shame. 

But, the cobwebs were blown out of the cracks and crevices. The battery charged, a bit of servicing and some fresh fuel and it's back in business.

Three drivers were run through it Sunday. One being my 15 year old son (Toyman4). We taught him to drive a stick Tuesday and had him autocrossing the Abomination Sunday. I wanted him to have a chance to drive it before the decision was made to sell the car, and today was the day.

I also had a couple of friends that wanted a chance to drive it. 

Everyone had a blast and they managed 17th in raw on 3 year old Hoosiers. 

The 15 year old has decided it's his car now, so it will be getting some more TLC and be heading to autocrosses for the rest of the season at least. That might cost me a new set of Hoosiers. surprise Toyman4 is going to need a job as soon as possible. 

The codrivers. 

One of the best parts of hauling this car is the number of people it attracts. Particularly the kids. 

There will be more to come in this thread after all.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/24/19 8:47 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

I love his T-shirt.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
6/24/19 9:28 a.m.

Wouldn't that be an E-Bomb?

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
6/24/19 9:39 a.m.

So glad it's staying! Learning to drive stick then immediately autocrossing is a good trial by fire.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/24/19 9:40 a.m.

2 things:  he looks really happy, and he looks just like Dad.  

Toyman01
6/24/19 10:10 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

He had a lot of fun. He's been driving his mom's Mustang at autocrosses. He likes the go-cart size of the Abomination better. That and he beat his brother who was driving the P71. 

If he stays interested, all the better. He'll be too broke to get in trouble in other ways. 

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/24/19 11:18 a.m.

Glad your sons enjoy autocross and getting out to drive the cars.

Also, I like the abomination. 

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/24/19 11:19 a.m.
Toyman01 said:

He'll be too broke to get in trouble in other ways. 

QFT

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/24/19 2:18 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Toyman01 :

I love his T-shirt.

I almost joined an AC/DC tribute band by that name about 8-years ago, but fortunately it imploded before I had the chance to audition. 

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NCvskefGiMEpOy6PwKuRmRxKnmgXxWK11s0Egw7qfELnIcKV06rNYbqcibjJ8c2v