1 ... 4 5 6
mrap1000
mrap1000 New Reader
2/17/18 6:44 p.m.

In reply to 100unicorngas :

Welcome!  This thread was my first post, as well.  I've been overwhelmed by how friendly and supportive everyone is here.  

shagles
shagles New Reader
7/17/19 10:04 p.m.

It’s been a while, any more updates? This thread is super helpful since a boxster s is on my possibles list for my next autocross car. 

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/18/19 3:00 p.m.

Wow not sure how I missed this thread before, but now I’m all caught up.  I’m going to do the water pump, IMS bearing, RMS, AoS, spark plug tubes, injectors, and maybe clutch in my 00 S this winter.  This thread makes it seem less daunting.  I have the tools and IMS solution (oil fed plain bearing) from the other vendor....  

My Boxster is currently bleeding oil a bit, but I refuse to be paranoid.  I checked it for metal using a magnet and nada.  It’s likely the AoS, RMS or spark plug tubes.

I also own a 996.  Both are extremely fun cars to drive although not nearly as fast accelerating as many other cars today.  

I do hate that every commuter feels the need to show you what their car can do though.  I get cut off most in my yellow boxster than any of my other cars.  

Fchotika
Fchotika
10/14/19 11:47 a.m.

Hi,  about to put back the transmission and engine together,  running into the same alignment problem.  Do I read correctly that for the engine and transmission do not mate fully and you have to draw them in by bolts a bit at a time?  I got it in to 1/4” and won’t move.  It is because you are compressing the pressure plate and release bearing together?  I bought a better transmission jack that can adjust alignment (800lbs vs thn 450lb one).  Thank you!

thefleshrocket
thefleshrocket
3/4/20 3:21 p.m.

In reply to mrap1000 :

So, it's now 2020 and I'm trying to decide what route to go for replacing the IMS bearing in my '02 911.  How's the EPS bearing holding up?  How many miles have you put on it since the install back in 2016?  Any regrets?  Thanks!

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jtExlnZkWwctksXF1qdC7nkqCTMdef9vmrWdgbLlQzsYynMu0ZDTjhet9k6pFMkk