1 2
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/7/14 12:32 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: A Kia Sportage engine may also work, apparently. Heh.

That'd be a Sephia, not a Sportage. Sportage is the "FE3." It's an awesome motor and not awfully hard to swap, but it's not the droid you're looking for.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/7/14 12:59 p.m.

I meant Sportage. I found this thread:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/the-cheap-18-swap-solution-for-16-miatas/44663/page1/

Say F2T, I dare you.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/7/14 1:02 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: I meant Sportage. Say F2T, I dare you.

I thought you were just trying to fix and flip? Not get into crazy engine swaps that are only useful once you apply copious amounts of positive manifold pressure?

FE3 swap is easier than F2T swap, and has the added bonus of actually fitting under the hood. I wouldn't recommend an F2T swap.

Doesn't mean i'm NOT going to do it, but just that i wouldn't recommend it just yet.

Brett_Murphy
3/7/14 1:03 p.m.

This is a flip, but a replacement 5 speed NB is on the short list of replacements for this, so I am keeping options open.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/7/14 1:11 p.m.

If you're serious about an eventual FE3 swap, you're going to want a 6spd NB. Makes the swap easier.

Brett_Murphy
3/7/14 1:34 p.m.

Nothing is ever easy, SF1.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/7/14 1:48 p.m.

Well.... it is if you have a 6spd.

Drill two holes in bellhousing (bosses already there), make two motor mount adapter plates using blueprints available for $free.99 on the internet. Bolt 6spd to FE3, bolt FE3 into Miata.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/7/14 3:26 p.m.

I've been thinking about a N/A FE3 in my rallycross Miata but I like the turbo.

Brett_Murphy
3/7/14 11:41 p.m.

It is a serious conundrum, but I really have to get this thing running before I decide what to do. I really want a rotary Miata, though.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TW3mhQfCZ1fVXiF4fWjC5V1cmZbwef1Jr64iT1Zp8OmYxqtZ625hOW9gjJUyIqBP