1 2
dropstep
dropstep Dork
5/2/16 9:29 p.m.

well here is the new ugly truck. Not my first choice but the wife was going to drag it home either way because of her emotional attatchment too it and we dont need 2 trucks. Selling the ford on craigslist has been annoying as E36 M3 so far but this ones here with maintnence records. Aside from the rocker rust and an occasional weird issue on cold start it runs and drives great.

I didnt know these trucks had 4 wheel disc, aside from that the only perk is it has a quality weight distributing hitch and the interior is damn near perfect. drove it 65 miles home with no issues!

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
5/3/16 5:05 a.m.

I'm fairly certain you'll grow to love the LS variant that lives between those frame rails.

I know I sure did with our Burban.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
5/3/16 8:47 p.m.

Thought I saw your ford on cl, new truck looks great!

dropstep
dropstep Dork
5/4/16 9:48 a.m.

Ive been offered more weird E36 M3 for this truck(ford) then anything else ive put on craigslist.im in no hurry to sell it so ive been able to find humor in it.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
12/14/17 8:08 p.m.

Think ill add the latest ugly truck here this weekend, its turned into more of a project then expected and i want too keep tabs on money spent.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
12/19/17 10:25 p.m.

the 99 silverado was sold after alot of headscratching, myself and the gm dealer not being able to clearly find the problem. i sold it for 1800, about 1k less then i had invested. Now i needed a new winter beater.

90 ranger xlt. 2.3l, auto 2wd. found it on facebook at 2am, went and looked at it at 9am. Leaked oil, exhaust was chopped off for cat removal, inside looks like a dog lived in it. But it ran and mostly drove so i figured why not.  i may have overpaid at 400 after getting further into it.

so far. $400 purchase price, $19.00 valvecover gasket set,$74.00 in misc exhaust parts to make it driveable, $8 universal T fitting for heater hoses, $17 for exhaust manifold gasket and flange repair kit, $61.00 in rear brake shoes, springs, wheel cylinders, and one line. $34.00+my stock wheels in exchange for the current wheels and tires, $11 in wiper blades, $13 for an oil change, $13 for radius arm bushing kit. That puts me $50 over what i planned to spend.  (all prices rounded up too the nearest dollar for easy math)

My kids are either bigger then i remember or this trucks smaller then my mind made it. two 9 year olds fit but not by much, so not sure how long this one will hang around. if it does it will get a timing belt, new shocks, front brakes and full length exhaust.

the "ugly" side, missing part of the add on bodykit, pre bumper cover repair but with the current wheel and tire set up.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZpIXjE9ekw8bbvH0YgLsM4Y7EK8SiWgzvSTIulNt4EX9FE8D5MOH6YIkR5mv7n5z