1 2
BasinMotorsports
BasinMotorsports New Reader
3/25/20 9:08 a.m.

A couple weeks ago I wanted to get the widebody done by the end of March and have it ready to put some test miles on it. This was before all of the cancellations of everything for a while. I put the Brembo brake kit on about 2 weeks ago without any fanfare. Everything fits very well as expected. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Q_U2hQMko I also spent a little time trying to build my own TFI ignition module relocation kit. I had a bad distributor (refurb from Rock Auto) that didn't play nice, and I think I had a bad ground for the module where I put it. I decided to abandon the project for another time, and put another distributor in. Everything fires right up and seems to run well idling in the garage. I haven't had time to get it on the road yet. But, the goal of having it done by the end of March has been achieved.

BasinMotorsports
BasinMotorsports New Reader
6/25/20 8:15 p.m.

It's been a minute since I've posted about the car since March.  The TFI module kit I tried didn't work, but someone tagged Fatfoxx on my Instagram feed and they sent me one of their kits to make an installation video on for them.  I made two YouTube videos with their kit, which has had zero issues since I installed it. 

Beyond that point I started to focus on another restoration I had in the works; a 1986 Mustang that I pulled out of a field.  It has about 166k miles on it, but is surprisingly clean (beneath layers of oil and gunk) and is probably 95% original beyond normal maintenance items.

That takes us to May when I was furloughed from my job on May 1st.  I had seen it coming for months, or knew something was going to happen after watching the COVID shutdowns.  I stopped buying a lot of parts and just focused on keeping the car driveable when the time was available to go out.  As of this evening, I'm still furloughed (7 weeks in with no end in sight), so I'm trying to just enjoy the car when I can.  I am going to try to drive it over to Eugene, OR this weekend (about 3 hours each way) to a shop open house.  Why not get out and enjoy it?

I did take it to a local small car show a couple weeks ago.  No trophies this year, but it felt darn good to get out of the house.  I am about 2 weeks away from having the '86 back together for a running car.  I may pull it out of the garage to install the rollbar in the widebody.

That brings us to last week, and then this week.  I had submitted some information and pictures to the Motortrend Group on Valentines Day (Feb. 14th).  I was scrlling through my Facebook feed and saw a picture of my car.  It turns out that my info was used for an article in the reader's rides section on Hotrod.com and has been shared out on Facebook by Hotrod Magazine last week and Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords this week.  It's kinda weird reading about yourself.

Here's the article:

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/craigslist-fox-body-mustang-turned-wide-body-pro-tourer/

trumant (Forum Supporter)
trumant (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/25/20 8:26 p.m.

Congrats on getting featured in HotRod!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6IdvSQBmcug4bIeoZfU7cIxISu6GVFiQtFDc1QmtcmZX192KEkQ7Vv4nOJ59rXT5