1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 45
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/23/19 11:15 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Sorry about the back. Wish I were closer to come help. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/23/19 11:59 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Patrick :

Sorry about the back. Wish I were closer to come help. 

Same here 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/23/19 12:02 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Well, I drove 6 hours round trip to help Robbie on the Saab-Ute, and three hours drive to help out with Datsaniti..... So, let me check the calendar and as long as the date works out, Count Me In!  (also could bring some of the Indy-kids to help shag parts and wrenches if you'd like)

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/23/19 12:23 p.m.

I'm one of the closest and you know I'm always willing to help. My skills are limited but my willingness is high. Keep me updated. 

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/26/19 7:26 p.m.

Ugh,that really sucks.  I can relate.  Going forward, PT and core strength exercises will be your friends. 

I'm obviously down for work camps, and can probably get Nick to serve as the human forklift as needed if he's not working.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
5/26/19 7:28 p.m.

BTW, if you don't have a tens unit, they are a lifesaver and only like $30 on Amazon.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/19 8:48 p.m.

I do have a tens unit, it helps when stuff is less boned.  Today i left the house after almost 5 days in bed.  It’s still jacked up but getting a little better every day.  I have a couple more receipts to find, but i sat down with the budget today.

$1912.xx and i need a few bits.  170% recouped(maxed out, including the diesel and tolls to go get it).  Everything else big is exempt(rotors, pads, brake lines, 5 point harness) and the only reason i can pull this off is because of the insane haul of parts that came on and with the car and some good trades.  I can swap the $90 each front wheels out for ones that cost $82 for both, but I’d rather not unless absolutely necessary.  

The biggest piece of/key to the budget was/is the low mile ej205 engine.  I took the lowest sold one before shipping on ebay for fmv, which is enough to trade to my personal stash of crap I thought i might need one day for a used fuel pump, used regulator, some brake parts, a shifter, and a few odds and ends.  Without that, i could get it done but not the right way, and challenge or not i’m doing this mostly right the first time.  I can cut budget in a couple other places if necessary.  

Crackers
Crackers Dork
5/26/19 9:56 p.m.

What does a tens unit do? My chosen carrer path is rather backbreaking. I'll use whatever help wherever I can. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
5/27/19 7:11 a.m.

In reply to Crackers :

“TENS units work by delivering small electrical impulses through electrodes that have adhesive pads to attach them to a person's skin.

These electrical impulses flood the nervous system, reducing its ability to transmit pain signals to the spinal cord and brain.

The same electrical impulses also stimulate the body to produce natural pain relievers called endorphins.”

From my experience it really helps. My back normally gets inflamed, gradually I can’t stanf up straight. Then my wife calls me an old man(at 31). A week of the TENS and various stretches helps a lot. 

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
5/27/19 4:52 p.m.

I've received a hemi lumbar laminectomy in 1994 ....yes the knife....day surgery.....immediate relief...on this subject....I'll be in your general area next weekend visiting me pop for his 90th B'day. Will be going back and forth from  Homerville to Avon  over the weekend and with your permission I'd like to put a 'FACE' with the WARTBURG..ate 3 two foursixfive 1 two two 6.... if at all possible............Brian AKA 795NRNG  duh pain SUCKS get well NOW!!!

Patrick
5/27/19 9:31 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Text me 330 two four two zero 771 this week.  Only thing i was hoping to do this weekend is go to mid ohio to see christina lam run her new e46 m3, but that’s all weather and family depending.  

Patrick
5/29/19 10:16 a.m.

I can walk mostly.  It’s more comfortable than sitting or laying down.  So i shall go do low weight low impact things to the car that i can do standing straight up.  Some things I cannot say, because October bombshells rule, but one thing i am going to attempt to do is locate the holes in the floor for the cage hoop to get the body that much closer to coming off for the last time.  

Indirectly related, i got permission from the township to go forth with the planned garage addition per my drawings with no compromises to the plan.  Will stop in at the pole building place tomorrow and see if i can get a quote.  Basically if it’s under 15k i can stomach that, i have some 6.99% credit card checks that are more favorable rate than a HELOC or refinancing.  I will probably have them not do siding or doors because i can do that and i’m very particular, but if the amish guys can throw it up in a week then get concrete poured, my time is better spent making money than trying to build alone and hurting myself again/worse.  

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/29/19 10:29 a.m.

Good news! More garage = better.

Patrick
5/29/19 1:35 p.m.

Holes

Make anti-holes for them to collide with

Many weldings

Flappy wheel makes them mostly disappear

Finished moulding in the front end locator slots

My back says that’s enough for today.  

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/29/19 2:20 p.m.

I love getting pictures that aren't posted in this thread. laugh

Dusterbd13-michael
5/29/19 2:25 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Now i feel less special....

Patrick
5/29/19 2:55 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Now i feel less special....

You guys didn’t even get the same picture.  One of you was here a couple months ago and the other was here a few months before that, you’ve both seen stuff that’s confidential, and like mr Dead Sled, i trust your eyes to disconnect with your little fingers when typing here.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/29/19 3:24 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Glad I wasn't included in the NDA above. 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/29/19 3:30 p.m.

I'm not sure my brain or eyes ever actually connect with my fingers when I post here

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/29/19 3:36 p.m.

Pat's abilities are way beyond my ability to explain and spill the beans anyway. Also, he made me cookies. 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
5/29/19 4:15 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Pat's abilities are way beyond my ability to explain and spill the beans anyway. Also, he made me cookies. 

I was about to say the same thing.  I wouldn't spoil the surprise because that's no fun.  I also don't want to burn the bridge to Patrick's garage (thanks again for the free E36 M3 the other weekend!), But Im also sure I couldnt do it justice trying to explain it. 

I've told my dad about his projects and either I'm bad at explaining it or he just doesn't understand the special kind of crazy Patrick is because he just looks confused half the time.

Dusterbd13-michael
5/29/19 5:09 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

My dad knows all about the special kind of crazy Patrick is. We love it. And I sure would not spoil a surprise that he wants to keep under wraps. I knew about Darth nader for a long time before it hit the Forum

Crackers
Crackers Dork
5/29/19 5:35 p.m.

FWIW, apparently shocking yourself with an electric fence charger provides an immediate as well. (Yes, I just learned this the hard way.)

If a tens unit works half as well it will be well worth it. LOL

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
5/29/19 6:13 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I think part of the problem was I started with Darth Nader

"how do you do that in your garage?"

"Actually, he probably did most of it in his driveway" laugh

He understood the Datsun so I went for the wartburg and we were back off the rails.

I hope to get him out to see one of the challenge cars run down the strip.  He doesn't quite understand the challenge mentality yet (much like swmbo) but I can relate, I remember thinking "what's he going to do with that thing?" When you posted that you bought the AMC.  We all know how awesome that turned out.

It's hard for people to understand that a $2000 car can be much more fun than a $2000 car deserves to be.  And it gets you out there participating instead of procrastinating.  

Patrick
5/29/19 10:00 p.m.

Budget is tight, I think I found $116 by buying a used converter.  

I need an sbc electric water pump, preferably an old used moroso one.  I have the complete tbi unit and intake and sbc serpentine setup, power steering pump, the fuel cell from the car with a honda in tank pump as trade fodder.  I think that’s probably my last big hangup.  

1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 45

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W8du7l7cMAYnt1jDloQtKUIyeKAckNA8pDcIaF2zmqltIOid5Xne8PTVvP2MErDZ