1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 45
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/19 10:59 a.m.

Welds dressed and some hammer and dolly work applied to the seam.  Minimal filler required except for previously filled parts from its past life.  Most of the car is minimal filler except for where wheelwells were originally moved for the vw/porsche/subie stuffs

have to do the other side, but my back says not today.  

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/3/19 11:25 a.m.

Cruising in this next summer is going to be so rad. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/3/19 12:21 p.m.

That is some seriously impressive tin work there. Loving all the sources for parts.

Patrick
8/3/19 2:48 p.m.

I decided to open a can of worms

Patrick
8/3/19 5:38 p.m.

Searched dad’s attic, found a pedal from probably a roadmonster wagon.  If it’s the one i’m thinking of it was a $400 car that scrapped for $398 after my buddy borrowed it for a month with no oil pressure or reverse and it still got him to work every day. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/3/19 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Sounds like a $2 pedal

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/3/19 6:24 p.m.

Those wheel arches look amazing! But, I thought the tires were SUPPOSED to hang out the quarters on a gasser?

Patrick
8/3/19 6:28 p.m.
gumby said:

Those wheel arches look amazing! But, I thought the tires were SUPPOSED to hang out the quarters on a gasser?

Final wheels have 1.5” less backspace

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
8/3/19 6:31 p.m.

That looks rad as hell.

Patrick
8/4/19 5:27 p.m.

Worked on cleaning out and itemizing wtf is going on inside this garage in a house that’s not been lived in for years.  Unless it’s tools it’s going in good pile or dumpster.  And i’m getting paid for this service, so free junk!  Coincidentally this is the garage my 57 chevy came from.  The daughters have to decide what to do with the tools.  

Got these switches

And 4 agm power chair batteries, a radio, and some junk

There’s more, some spools of wire and whatnot and lots of fasteners, but mostly lots of fabrication materials

Edit:  mostly garbage.  Very minimal fabrication materials relative to the amount of garbage

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/4/19 8:20 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Wheelchair should have some good lightweight batteries. Dusterbd13 offered me a free gas pedal today that I turned down. Guess he doesn't love you like he loves me. 

Patrick
8/4/19 9:24 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Got all 4 batteries out of the 2 chairs, they’re measuring less than 1 volt each, they’re going to rural king for recycling, $4 gift card for each lawnmower sized battery and $7 for each car battery.  There are a few car batteries too.  Between these and a couple from home I should get a free battery for the wrx

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
8/5/19 8:18 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Like the Wartburg will have a new place to dwell with 'Ferdinand' ????

Patrick
8/5/19 8:24 a.m.

TFW the free driveshaft you found was finally right for something you built(also having enough forethought to nudge the axle one way or the other to ensure the free driveshaft would fit when designing suspension mount locations)

Patrick
8/5/19 10:26 a.m.
759NRNG said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

More like Seth and the deucelings are always welcome to stay here on their way UP north so he’s projecting that it’s going to have a passenger seat for him to ride in

this is on my short list of non revolving door cars.  I’ll never say never to selling anything except my belair, but this one has a big fat checkmark in the highly unlikely to sell box

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
8/6/19 6:23 p.m.
Patrick said:
759NRNG said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

More like Seth and the deucelings are always welcome to stay here on their way UP north so he’s projecting that it’s going to have a passenger seat for him to ride in

this is on my short list of non revolving door cars.  I’ll never say never to selling anything except my belair, but this one has a big fat checkmark in the highly unlikely to sell box

Thanks for that clarification....on the other hand my sister /BIL reside in Homervile off 83 near Lodi and with Pop getting on in years not to mention dealing with his 1973 P1800S in said BIL's barn i'm looking at 'trips' to resolve the 'volvo' in the barn issue......just sayin'   wink ...............and you're not to far up the road as they say......and yes the P1800S is for sale.......

Patrick
8/6/19 6:46 p.m.

I’m all ears about a p1800 but unfortunately without a tenant in the other house and dumping money in it to get it sold i’m all ears and no cash.

going back to the insane garage/basement cleanout tomorrow.  I’m out of space and no garage expansion is happening without selling the other house.  

Also next time you’re up here get a hold of me

Patrick
8/7/19 5:29 p.m.

Moar free E36 M3

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/7/19 6:03 p.m.

Anvil$$$!

Patrick
8/7/19 9:00 p.m.

It’s a Railroad track anvil, which is quite comical because i have a section of track that size that i was going to turn into one.  

Brought home 4 milk crates and a few bins full today, rest is tomorrow.  I shall not want for emery cloth until i’m about 120 years old or so.  

We filled a 30 yard dumpster to the top.  All the non tools are gone.  The tools are all neatly organized so they can sell them after i help her set up some basic tool sets in a couple rolling chests for the daughters.

i’m welcome to take what tools i want and give her what i say is fair, but honestly i have so many hand tools already and most of the other stuff is harbor freight.  There’s a whole drawer of the free screwdrivers, a million of the free welding magnets.  One of his friends is supposed to go through stuff and buy what he wants.  My dad is buying the torches and 60 gallon compressor.  

I found pimpm3 (jeremy) a new old stock chrome grill for his s10.

i found a mowog aluminum differential for a little british car too, i hope it made it into my pile and not scrap.  One of my guys took in 3 truckloads of steel.  

I wish i could say that i will get a ton done on the car this weekend, but Carli’s grandpa passed away  so we’ll be in Michigan Friday and Saturday for the services.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/8/19 9:14 a.m.

Truly great work on the flares man!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/19 10:45 a.m.

Did someone say ANVIL?!?!?!

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/8/19 1:37 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Funny, I expected to see a whole lot more hand modeling going on in that photo

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/19 2:44 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

1.  LOL I see what you did there, and I like it.

2.  I went through all my pix from that show, and I couldn’t find a single example of hand modeling.  Everyone was too busy with their phones.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/8/19 2:45 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Tell Carli I'm sorry to hear about her grandfather. I'm down to one grandparent who's 94. Just saw her Tuesday while in SC. 

1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 45

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xusLljH2NRWDoDd71GRWiMTSoQkwcoLRqzvhgLMb2Fr1Zz4ZMcqzuvmfdAKdHX9x