ronholm
ronholm Reader
10/15/12 6:58 p.m.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/15/12 10:48 p.m.
ronholm wrote:

I don't need to know anymore. This car is all that's right with the world.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
10/15/12 10:50 p.m.

Does the nose light up?

trucke
trucke Reader
10/16/12 7:49 a.m.
DoctorBlade wrote: Does the nose light up?

No, but when the eyeballs flash you had better pull over!

ronholm
ronholm Reader
10/16/12 8:33 a.m.

In reply to DoctorBlade:

not yet... It isn't wired up yet.

Tonight's project is figuring out a decent way to use the rear wiper motor to make the tail wag....

The rear window washer is pretty funny...

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/16/12 8:43 a.m.

Does the rear washer do what I think it does?

ronholm
ronholm Reader
10/16/12 8:58 a.m.

In reply to mndsm:

Some surgery was required to clear up prostate issues...

Oh.. and the van is covered in Fleece fabric if you didn't notice..

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/16/12 9:00 a.m.
ronholm wrote: In reply to mndsm: Some surgery was required to clear up prostate issues... Oh.. and the van is covered in Fleece fabric if you didn't notice..

EXCELLENT. Also, I DIDNT notice that it was covered in fleece fabric. I credit that to your workmanship when upholstering a van.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltraDork
10/16/12 9:21 a.m.

Looks crosseyed...

As to the fleece, I thought the hood and fenders had a pink shade to them compared to the tan/white towards the rear.

ronholm
ronholm Reader
10/16/12 9:52 a.m.
Ranger50 wrote: Looks crosseyed... As to the fleece, I thought the hood and fenders had a pink shade to them compared to the tan/white towards the rear.

I think the pinkish tone is just the crappy cell phone picture. But the Drivers side does have a VERY slightly different tint. The second roll of fabric was just a bit off the first..

and yeah.. Crosseyed.. It is just vinyl, and I had the windshield very wet and soapy so I could move them around.. I thought it looked a bit crosseyed also... but further apart didn't look good at all...

I am thinking maybe a bit of white down low.. curving it around at the bottom might help give a more rounded shape.. but I dunno..

This is a 'work van" BTW.. Something I do for fun to help pay the bills..

www.didyouseethoseantlers.com

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
8/3/13 8:54 a.m.

Stay tuned...

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
8/3/13 9:09 a.m.

Wait does this man you have up on the mid engine car? Or did you get another masi drivetrain?

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
8/3/13 1:00 p.m.

Not giving up at all. Just not going to have it done tommorow or anything. So I figured instead of building a engine for the van I would put it to good use. The original 300k mile engine in this van is as of yesterday in the automatic trans Rudolph. (yes there is two of them) and instead of building a engine. I figured what the Hell. Right?

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
8/3/13 6:52 p.m.

Whats the power output of one of those engines?

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
8/3/13 7:08 p.m.

In its stock home the engine was rated at 200 hp. But this is with a very restrictive exhaust and VERY conservative tuning. Not to mention a tiny turbo.

The cosworth head is a work of art. Bottom half of the engine is built for war.

With a proper tune. A worthy exhaust system, and a decent turbo it is the kind of 2.2l engine which will make 300+ hp withou breaking a sweat

The goal here is a mid to even high 13 second pass.

Maybe more

The Obx Limited slip was stuck in the tranny last night

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
8/3/13 7:33 p.m.

win.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
8/3/13 8:23 p.m.

ive gotta ask what you do for work to need a pair of Rudolf vans.

and if I can stuff a Maserati motor in my neon.

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
8/3/13 10:51 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: ive gotta ask what you do for work to need a pair of Rudolf vans. and if I can stuff a Maserati motor in my neon.

Sure put a Masi engine in your neon... The engine block there is standard issue 89 up "common block" 2.2/2.5 stuff... There are a couple of them for sale...

(excuse me while I paddle a canoe here)

The reason for the Vans is a Christmas lighting business... find on facebook.com/didyouseethoseantlers (website is up, but getting overhauled as I type this.. linked above already. )

And moparman76-69

This is mostly why the mid engine car ain't done...

Can ya blame me?

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
8/6/13 4:36 p.m.

I haven't had fun working on a vehicle in a long time... Just in for a sandwich then back out to finish up a couple things and fire it up....

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
8/6/13 6:50 p.m.

Well, that was fast.

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
8/6/13 10:57 p.m.

Running a bit rough... Still using the T1 2.5L SOHC calibration as I haven't popped the SBEC apart yet to socket it for the flashable chip...

This makes me happy..

http://youtu.be/URJUuE9XK6Y

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
8/15/13 12:09 p.m.

Still awaiting a proper Calibration... But we went around the block last night anyway....

Oh... and new KYB GR2's up front... Air shocks in the rear (for thedragstrip )

The front got Daytona shelby springs which resulted in a two inch drop... and I took a leaf from the rear for a 1.25 inch drop back there... Once all the new parts show up I should be down just a bit more in the back with a higher springrate (still a work van don't cha know..)

3 inch exhaust done...

Momo wheel from the Maserati TC installed.

radiator intercooler setup from the TC installed and plumbed..

New wheel bearings in the rear... (remember this is a 300K mile van)

Tonight's project is properly mounting the boost gauge and hooking up the wideband.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ndqEUxhGEMV4YDRl1T3AVFEBXrzKV8TFanCA4AseYPhCNZXsiE65xIVo6ISlqjGY