1 2 3 4
JoeTR6
JoeTR6 HalfDork
5/20/18 4:26 a.m.

You are making me seriously want to look for a Capri project.  That looks fantastic.  Congrats on getting it running and driving.

Craigorypeck
Craigorypeck Reader
5/20/18 9:21 a.m.
JoeTR6 said:

You are making me seriously want to look for a Capri project.  That looks fantastic.  Congrats on getter it running and driving.

Thanks. Its been quite the challenge.. Worth it though. 

Craigorypeck
Craigorypeck Reader
10/26/18 7:16 a.m.

Seems most of my pics have died again... 

Craigorypeck
Craigorypeck Reader
10/26/18 7:18 a.m.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/18 7:27 a.m.

So hot!

Racingsnake
Racingsnake New Reader
3/13/19 12:45 a.m.

In reply to Craigorypeck :

Great looking Capri! What flares are they and what size wheels/tires are you running?

Craigorypeck
Craigorypeck Reader
3/13/19 7:06 a.m.
Racingsnake said:

Great looking Capri! What flares are they and what size wheels/tires are you running?

Hi. Thanks,  the rears are fiberglass from the UK. Front wings are from UK too. Brought them over as luggage from a trip back to Ireland. 

Wheels are 15x8 with 195 50 tyres.

Racingsnake
Racingsnake New Reader
3/13/19 9:51 a.m.

Are they the RS 3100 flares Smith & Deakin and Tickover offer? I was hoping to get 15x8s with 225/50x15s under them but that seems like it might be a bit ambitious. How much extra clearance do the flares give? What width did you narrow the Ranger rear to? What backspacing do your wheels have?

Any chance you could repost pics of the brake master cylinder set up? Are you running a hydraulic or cable clutch?

Apologies for the barrage of questions but you've nailed the look I want for my mk1.

Craigorypeck
Craigorypeck Reader
3/13/19 10:04 a.m.

Hi. Yes Smith and Deakin.

They are garbage though. The rear I shaped by hand to make it look right and the wings didn't fit at all. I broke them apart and attached inner braces to make the shape. The area around the lights was a joke! I put tubs of reinforced filler on them and carved the right shape out. Weeks of evenings. They told me my car had been crashed.

I'll be back with more info later

Craigorypeck
Craigorypeck Reader
3/13/19 10:31 a.m.

225 50 should be easy enough.

I narrowed the ranger axle by using 2 short sides shafts. Cant remember exactly what i gained but close to 3"

I'm running 38mm spacers on the rear with the  +6 et rims I have. My calcs say i can go with a 15x10 and run a 245 40 tire. That's the plan but its costly.

I have no direct comparisons vs standard measurements. I just went with the look i wanted then worried about wheel options later.

I'm running a clutch cable to the T5 box.

Photobicket and postimage has ballsed up all my threads but for a very limited time my photobucket images have reappeared, but they are going to be deleted apparently.

Go sign up on capripower.Co.uk and search for mk1 Canadian Capri. Pics are all there now. Screen grab whatever you like.  Or go on capriworld facebook page, ill happily post pics to there. I'm done with pic hosting sites.

Racingsnake
Racingsnake New Reader
3/14/19 12:39 a.m.

Cool thanks, I'll go check out capripower 

Craigorypeck
Craigorypeck Reader
10/12/19 2:40 p.m.

Water meth injection installed now.

Craigorypeck
Craigorypeck Reader
10/12/19 2:41 p.m.

Craigorypeck
Craigorypeck Reader
10/12/19 2:41 p.m.

Craigorypeck
Craigorypeck Reader
10/12/19 2:42 p.m.

Craigorypeck
Craigorypeck Reader
10/12/19 2:47 p.m.

With 94 octane plus 50/50 mix I could be near 110ish octane now...

I can bump timing up a LOT up top.

And the knock sensor is nice n quiet too at 30+ psi boost. 

This Aquamist hfs3 system is fantastic. 

Copies everthing the fuel injectors do. Rev limits, safety fuel cuts... Everything...

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
10/13/19 9:28 a.m.

Odd question!

I've heard that having twin spark plugs like the 2.3 is a big deal for heavy boost, because it allows for lower cylinder temps and a much bigger flamefont. Is that helping much here? Or is there something else with the Lima 2.3 that makes it good for heavy boost?

Craigorypeck
Craigorypeck Reader
10/13/19 11:06 a.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

This is a 4 plug head, only later rangers were 8 plug. 2 plugs per cylinder will require about half the ignition timing with 2 flame fronts. 

I have a spare 8 plug in the shed. They flow quite well in stock form apparently but with an all out port job the 4 plug head flows more, so I've read.

I was gonna make a high conpression low boost outta the 8 plug at some point and Chase some high mpg numbers too.

These engines love boost, guy just recently made 630 to the wheels with forged pistons and rods and a stage 3 boport cam. 36 psi boost on e85

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YTNCg4JWVcjmgWHl8JPQTUg7kTHC5lygB4pnrzNC25CSvEQ69KKqIzpPAeMoi1tj