1 2 3
kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel
10/2/12 2:24 p.m.

Well hey guys, I realized I for some reason, never started a build on here. So I'll just throw up some background, then more current pictures and a link to my build thread so you can read the in depth build up to this point(if you care to do so).

Started with this car when I was 16, learned to drive, etc. H&R lowering springs, and about $1200 into other suspension components/ bushings. Complete interior, with Corbeau recliners and badly mounted 4 point harness's, aftermarket tach and stereo and such. Drove it like this for a while, as I didn't have my license yet.

(PO's pics)

(After a day of cleaning up/ new wheels)

Then a few changes happend, the car recieved full GC coilovers and shortened/ valved adj. Koni shocks. Stripped the interior completely, found some awesome wheels that I could never fit correctly. Drifted, auto crossed and generally abused her and never had an issue once.

Turned this

into

Then decided change needed to happen. So suddenly at my friends house one night, this happened.

Then this

Then a few weeks later

Some of this

And long story short, we're left with this:

(Photo cred to Miller Roberts :) )

thanks to Justin(justin821) for that last shot!

Some vids:

~35mph light pulls in 3rd and 4th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guy9aLAf3NE&feature=plcp

2 light burnouts, some boring bit in-between

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXnmMHk5iT0&feature=plcp

nderwater
nderwater UberDork
10/2/12 2:54 p.m.

Great job guys! The Clarkson tac is a win for sure, but I never will understand the acrylic shift knob craze

AutoXR
AutoXR HalfDork
10/2/12 3:38 p.m.

went from an FI motor to carb?

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/2/12 3:55 p.m.
nderwater wrote: Great job guys! The Clarkson tac is a win for sure, but I never will understand the acrylic shift knob craze

Thanks! I'm into drifting, and confusing my car so I guess that's where it came from haha.

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/2/12 3:56 p.m.
AutoXR wrote: went from an FI motor to carb?

Yes sir, I'll be going back to FI this summer though, hopefully. Couldn't find anybody willing to see the computer and harness that I needed, for a reasonable price. so my friend gave me a deal on the carb and intake.

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/2/12 3:57 p.m.

Also, here's the build thread incase anyone is interested.

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28061

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
10/2/12 4:10 p.m.

Man, that's how I should've spent my time and money when I was your age. Turns out that "move out at 19, engaged at 20, married at 21, father at 22 and 25" was not a game plan conducive of playing with cars.

Well done, young squire. The dent in the quarter is endearing, you should leave it.

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
10/2/12 4:53 p.m.

psh, I'm calling bullE36 M3. There is no way that someone who wears this outfit knows how to work on cars

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
10/2/12 4:58 p.m.

and I believe I should get credit for providing the mint-condition distributor from the junkyard for that car ;)

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/2/12 7:38 p.m.

Outstanding.

OT: What kind of camera?

Winston
Winston Reader
10/2/12 8:41 p.m.

Me, as I scrolled down:

ncbrock
ncbrock New Reader
10/2/12 8:55 p.m.

Dang, I can concur that you have the coolest car in your hs parking lot. My m coupe got hit by some idiot in the afternoon traffic, so now Im driving a volvo to school

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/2/12 8:56 p.m.

Great thread, love the current version, especially the plate and the Mustang emblem up front!

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/2/12 8:56 p.m.
OHSCrifle wrote: Outstanding. OT: What kind of camera?

Thanks! All of them up until the night shot were with a Nikon D90 Gold.

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/2/12 8:57 p.m.
irish44j wrote: and I believe I should get credit for providing the mint-condition distributor from the junkyard for that car ;)

It's for sale if you need it! ;) too new :(

Also, I'm freaking dying at that picture hahahah.

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/2/12 9:01 p.m.
dj06482 wrote: Great thread, love the current version, especially the plate and the Mustang emblem up front!

Thank you!

ncbrock wrote: Dang, I can concur that you have the coolest car in your hs parking lot. My m coupe got hit by some idiot in the afternoon traffic, so now Im driving a volvo to school

In college now, 500 miles away from ol' Gretta :(

But that's gotta be a bummer man, I'd be pissed. All I could think of during the build was putting all this blood, sweat and tears(literally) into her and then getting hit.

ValuePack wrote: Man, that's how I *should've* spent my time and money when I was your age. Turns out that "move out at 19, engaged at 20, married at 21, father at 22 and 25" was not a game plan conducive of playing with cars. Well done, young squire. The dent in the quarter is endearing, you should leave it.

Thanks!

As for future plans, I have a Corbeau fixed back shipping out, and over the summer I will be switching back to FI as well as having a cage built. Sometime between then I will be building an exhaust( currently dumps in front of the front wheels). The plan is for dual 3" oval piping back to 4" blast pipes.

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
10/3/12 4:35 a.m.

Well done! I watched those videos several times just now and now I have to go out and wrench on my car at 3AM because I am inspired!

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/3/12 8:11 a.m.
CLNSC3 wrote: Well done! I watched those videos several times just now and now I have to go out and wrench on my car at 3AM because I am inspired!

Thanks! Glad to hear I can be an inspiration! Haha

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
10/3/12 8:30 a.m.

lol pwnycar...this vehicle was in the hotlink thread a few pages back.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/3/12 8:49 a.m.

Excellent car sir. The clarkson tach is hilarious.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/3/12 9:32 a.m.

IS there a GRM award for most awesome series of wheels ever?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/3/12 9:32 a.m.

Like! And great work on the visual details. Got any vids from autocross/drift etc?

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/3/12 10:06 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Like! And great work on the visual details. Got any vids from autocross/drift etc?

Thanks! I've been at college away from the car, but first shakedown event is October 13th, so I'll have some vids up after that!

pinchvalve wrote: IS there a GRM award for most awesome series of wheels ever?

You tell me :)

mndsm wrote: Excellent car sir. The clarkson tach is hilarious.

4cylndrfury wrote: lol pwnycar...this vehicle was in the hotlink thread a few pages back.

What is that? Forgive me, I'm a R3v and S|W vet, but new here even though I've been reading the mag for years haha.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
10/3/12 12:06 p.m.

Hotlink thread is where you just hotlink pics of anything you find relevant...

The first rule about hotlink thread is you do not talk about hotlink thread
The second rule of hotlink thread is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT HOTLINK THREAD
stuff
stuff
If youre going to post in the thread, you HAVE to hotlink

lollerskates

anyway, you already found it...someone was hating on your brake setup or something. You posted some velocity stacks and the like

for whatever reason, theres been no lack of senseless hate on these boards lately

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/3/12 12:29 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: Hotlink thread is where you just hotlink pics of anything you find relevant... The first rule about hotlink thread is you do not talk about hotlink thread The second rule of hotlink thread is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT HOTLINK THREAD stuff stuff If youre going to post in the thread, you HAVE to hotlink lollerskates anyway, you already found it...someone was hating on your brake setup or something. You posted some velocity stacks and the like for whatever reason, theres been no lack of senseless hate on these boards lately

Hahahahaha, note taken :)

Oh, trust me, I'm used to "hate". I've had several people go beyond hate or disliking my car, and threatened to harm/ vandalize it.

I'm normally not very well reserved, but this just seems like such a welcoming/ nice atmosphere.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
96q0Y6IWcx37AyXv5oCrtz1VHAnvn54bAR44Rc11ex5IvWVlRk8n03el1jy6W3QM