1 2
allen_m
allen_m New Reader
6/13/13 7:58 p.m.

Your wife likes it = Keep it It runs after an easy? repair = Keep it You will be in to it for under a $1000.00? Tax, license, and insurance = Keep it Did I mention you should Keep It?

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
6/14/13 12:00 a.m.

Pretty serious, will ping you later, working now :(

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
6/14/13 7:36 a.m.

That looks clean! I used to have a '92 Flareside 4x4 (actually, it was my dad's but I drove it as a DD for a while) and while a little finicky, I loved that truck. I would totally get another if it was a 2wd short bed or Flareside. Look out for rusty leaf spring mounts, especially the rear ones. After a while, the ones on my truck had melted away and the BED was holding the leafs in!

Those 5.0's in them are very similar to the Mustang GT's. I guess they are roller motors and have the same short block, but the heads and obviously the intake are different.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
6/14/13 10:29 a.m.

I'm not seeing a URL or link to any pics.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/16/13 12:10 p.m.

Interior under the bench seat:

Solution:

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
6/16/13 1:32 p.m.

I saw a screwdriver, some gloves and some post-it notepads. What else?

Javelin
6/16/13 11:17 p.m.

In reply to DoctorBlade:

Oh man, I made out like a bandit! The final tally was two screwdrivers, a real set of Channel-Locks, an awl, a sawzall blade, about a dozen pens, and a giant LED tough box light thing!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
6/17/13 12:25 a.m.

Has the Trans been rebuilt? I have had piss poor luck with AODs. Once they're rebuilt, they're generally good to go.

Mental
Mental PowerDork
6/17/13 4:04 a.m.

...and SWMBO helped you clean it out?!?

Dude, you gotta keep it. Anytime SWMBO approves a vehicle, you must buy it even if you are meh. Because if you pass and then want another similar (even slightly) it will be used in your denial hearing.

Plus, she likes it and she is obviously cool, so you have to respect her opinion.

Don't even get the redneck (me) started on having her sit next to you on a bench seat when you drive.

Trite? Played out? Probably. Awesome? Everytime.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
6/17/13 9:33 a.m.
Javelin wrote: In reply to DoctorBlade: Oh man, I made out like a *bandit*! The final tally was two screwdrivers, a real set of Channel-Locks, an awl, a sawzall blade, about a dozen pens, and a giant LED tough box light thing!

So you've got your money back there.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
6/17/13 1:59 p.m.
DoctorBlade wrote:
Javelin wrote: In reply to DoctorBlade: Oh man, I made out like a *bandit*! The final tally was two screwdrivers, a real set of Channel-Locks, an awl, a sawzall blade, about a dozen pens, and a giant LED tough box light thing!
So you've got your money back there.

exactly what I was thinking.

Javelin
6/17/13 3:24 p.m.

Forgot to mention 49 cents in loose change, about six new various air hose fittings, and the fire extinguisher.

Double-bonus: Went to the junkyard at lunch at got a new vinyl floor, armrest, A?C knobs and vents, and a headlight switch (all busted/missing in mine) for the grand total of $50.

Wait to you hear about the seat!

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica New Reader
6/22/13 5:00 p.m.

She's been relocated.

I'm all paid up on my dues and fees and have received the Deed to this "Build Thread". She tromped the 40 miles home at 70mph and didn't miss a beat. The ol' girl needs an alignment and could definitely benefit from a new/rebuilt steering box, but other than that she is ready to tow home my Fiat 850 Spider. Hopefully next Sunday I will be gracing my neighborhood with just that. It's been parked in Ditchdigger's driveway for almost exactly 1 year .

P.S. That Javelin is a stand up guy!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7utbj12kCmumZoarLJoZa4AhpwZYNx1oXjJok8y9KrQgwJgeyAyctSYirmgOTo5Q