1 ... 8 9 10
beans
beans Dork
3/20/15 6:31 a.m.

Missed that reply somehow. Keeping the budget theme, an Accord is much more budget friendly than other "better" Hondas and....

I'll just have to do just that haha! Its not as budget friendly as the Cobalt, for sure, but it's an H, and I'm a fanboy.

adoyle88
adoyle88 New Reader
3/23/15 4:56 p.m.

In reply to Cool_Hand_Luke:

Sorry for the delay and long absence. Things got really busy at the machine shop.

We've still been able to squeeze in some time for the car project though. We are in the process of designing the CNC tubing bender. We've built a few machines for shop work through the years but we've never made anything that is CNC. Once we get going on it, I'll probably start a build thread just for it in case anyone wants info on how to make a CNC bender.

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
5/14/15 9:25 p.m.

Saw your tube bender on Reddit. Sweet stuff, man!

You made a good decision in keeping all your bends in plane, it simplifies the entire process dramatically. One cool thing you can add to the planar process is check templates. I made some for the Exocet, and they've ensured that every frame snaps together repeatedly. If you build in a little intelligent wiggle room (stackup analysis in SolidWorks), you can increase the yield percentage, which is very important with expensive DOM. Please feel free to implement any of these features and ideas; they're nothing new. The weird shapes on the ends mirror end features, and the crazy random sawtooth pattern indicates that tolerances on that part of the tube don't matter, as the ends get cut off.

mixwell
mixwell
1/11/17 10:41 p.m.

bumping an old thread.

did the radiator setup change?

looking at doing a honda engine setup on this >:)

1 ... 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ryOP0VHApf10Xm7X75wxyPcdwlRDK1XyiTqxRobtmFuBsVawdJp8m50tzoWr0fjh