1 ... 108 109 110
NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
11/4/19 12:02 p.m.

In reply to MichaelYount :

Very much a concern. For all the desire to have PS, the steering feel once moving is sublime.

Pete

MichaelYount
MichaelYount HalfDork
11/4/19 3:21 p.m.

I would have expected that.  It took the OEM's a good decade to get the programming nailed down to where the system has decent feel/responsiveness.  When people start moving boosters/cpu's around, about all that can be done is some level of boost adjustment via a 'knob'.....but that doesn't do a thing for feel.  Good luck with it.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/19/20 9:59 a.m.

New rear diff ratio time. The 3.73 was a bit rowdy on the hwy at 75 mph/2800 rpm. While my gut tells me a 3.08 would have been the ideal choice for a relaxed cruiser, I am going to try a 3.31 cause it was sitting on the shelf.  Pulling the pumpkin has to be one of the easier jobs on the car; it was on the ground in less than half an hour. Only need to pull the one axle. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/27/20 11:13 a.m.

So, even though I have a brand new Holley Street Avenger on the bench, the Fitech might yet get a reprieve.

In an effort to make the car quieter. I replaced the cats with real-car mufflers. Not only did it make the car much quieter, but it also made it run better. Too early to tell because it is winter and the gap between the shop and the road is impassable until spring, but it might be that one of the cats was clogged based on the color being much darker on the one side than the other. 

So with the gear swap and the noise abatement, that is two of the big items off the winter "To-Do" list.

Pete

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
1/27/20 11:59 a.m.

You mean you didn't tear around the neighborhood with open exhaust at least once before hanging mufflers and such on it? 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/27/20 12:41 p.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

The previous exhaust pretty much gave you that experience. There is a 30' stretch of grass beteen my shop and the pavement that is pretty much impassable in the winter. So, between that and the salt on the roads, I managed to restrain myself.

Pete

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
2/1/20 9:15 p.m.

The Molvo is up in the air getting more love in anticipation of next driving season. The goal is to get closer to the cruiser vision that I started witn

The new grill is in place. I love this mesh, but it is made to be bombproof and that makes it hard to work with.

In the back, I found a piece of carpet that I will cut to fit and have the edges bound. The rubber mat was nice, but it did have an aroma that I did not like. The side panels will get hit with Rit black dye to see if they come back to black,

Still need to finish weld the mufflers in place then drop the whole thing and give it a coat of paint, These mufflers now reside under the car and supplement the minimalist items that are in place at the rear.

Pete

TVR Scott
TVR Scott Dork
2/1/20 10:02 p.m.

Looks good!

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
2/3/20 6:37 a.m.

Love that mesh on the grill.  Might have to borrow that...

Those exhaust tips seem like they stick out kindof a lot.  

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
2/3/20 7:36 a.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

They do and I am not a huge fan, but if under the car the noise level is much worse inside. And I cant see them while driving!

I might try some downturns in the future. No lack of things that I want to make "better"

1 ... 108 109 110
Our Preferred Partners
CNG1TaJ7Ke1E3LmMpEymnrnpKT8KBj9yG0XqUOpghKsLhKiuGw2npgsZ5lfIm42t