1 ... 109 110 111
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/4/20 12:12 p.m.

Id like to thank you again for posting when you scrapped something that didn't work but was a significant financial loss. It gave me the courage to get the duster fixed by dumping the megasquirt. 

Crackers
Crackers Dork
5/4/20 12:32 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Has anyone called dibs on the MS? I might be interested in it. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/4/20 12:35 p.m.

In reply to Crackers :

Already on a car in Kansas city! Lost my ass, but totally worth it. 

volvoclearinghouse (Forum Supporter)
volvoclearinghouse (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/5/20 8:10 a.m.

If I make twice as many mistakes in my ES build I'll consider myself lucky, and the project a success. 

By the way, if you need a manual Miata rack, I found and bought a second one.  It's yours for what I paid for it plus shipping. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
5/5/20 8:20 a.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse (Forum Supporter) :

Very much interested. Ideally I would have it shipped to Port Huron and drive over, but broder closed at the moment. M $$$ and we can make it work.

Pete

volvoclearinghouse (Forum Supporter)
volvoclearinghouse (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/5/20 9:49 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

No worries, I can hang onto it a bit and wait for things to open up.  Will message you with the cost.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
7/6/20 8:44 a.m.

Well, for those that are interested, a short update.

Since the weather has gotten hot, the Fitech has started to live up to its marketing claims. The car is running well and subject to having to juggle cars to get it out of the garage, it has been getting miles on it. Saturday saw 100 mile drive is hot weather with no issues across midtown traffic or the open roads. 205 degrees stuck in traffic and 195 on the hwy. Hums along at 2000 rpm @60 mph with plenty of giddy-up if I press the go-pedal.

I do need to get on the AC if I am going to use it as a destination driver in the summer. While not terrible, there is a lot of greenhouse to the car. The good news is that I am not finding the drivetrain heat intruding into the cabin to be an issue.

Still a laundry list of details to get done, but they are on the back burner as I work on selling the MGB  GT to clear up space and time.

ps...the Fitech still has to go.

TVR Scott (Forum Supporter)
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/6/20 12:51 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

I'll admit that I thought you'd already swapped in a carb.

Though, I'm happy the FiTech is behaving for you now.  At least you're getting to enjoy the car a bit.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/6/20 12:52 p.m.

You have officially cursed yourself by saying its behaving itself. At least in my experience with megasquirt and ez efi.....

Glad you're enjoying it!

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
7/6/20 2:11 p.m.
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to NOHOME :

I'll admit that I thought you'd already swapped in a carb.

Though, I'm happy the FiTech is behaving for you now.  At least you're getting to enjoy the car a bit.

Yeah, I thought you ditched the FiTech a while back.  Maybe you just threatened to.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
7/6/20 2:17 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Fitech is working fine, too bad that now it wont data-log. Just another example of how it is a poorly developed product. The carb is literaly on the shelf ready to go on. I have a fuel regulator to reduce the pressure from the in-tank pump, so other than some re-wiring it wont take long.

The MGB on the other hand is taking forever to get out of the shop, it sounds like a maraca when I go for a drive and yet the source has eluded me. Just did the differential spider gears and new u-joints as a hail mary and no change. My rule is to not have two imobile projects if it can be avoided...hence the Fitech reprieve. And I am getting some miles and smiles out of the Molvo chassis; that bit seems to be really good.

1 ... 109 110 111
Our Preferred Partners
YB1uYBmDcuahRMubbxlJOwEtp5Wyeqsdzq45TtnyinLZS2T7VBpR13pwdEPOtaoz