1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 115
wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/18/17 11:31 p.m.

This may seem sarcastic, but it is not.

See, I googled images for "ecstacy", and most were inappropriate. This, I felt, was OK. Congrats. Milestone>

petey
petey New Reader
7/19/17 12:12 a.m.

get ready for the hoon videos.he wants it on the road (legally---ish) by the weekend

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
7/19/17 1:28 p.m.

Weeeee!!!!!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/19/17 1:41 p.m.

I touch my monkey in your honor!

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/19/17 3:19 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: I touch my monkey in your honor!

Wait, what?

I haz an excite!

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
7/19/17 6:20 p.m.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
7/20/17 9:34 a.m.

Will there be some boat launchish(docks, piers,old whouses) hooning ala Ken B?

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
7/23/17 6:04 p.m.

The dragon exits the lair!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/yrLF1IWVXps

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
7/23/17 6:12 p.m.

London Ont. we have lift of!!!!! kinda likin' that color scheme....

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
7/23/17 6:28 p.m.

Yeah..kinda liking the camo-look myself. Think I am going to leave the color alone until I get the thing sorted with a few miles under the tires. Stills a lot of time and money to go before I call it done.

What follows next is the long road from working prototype to final product. Different mindset altogether.

Ran it up to speed on the stands and the drive-line does not seem to mind. No shakes or rattles that I can hear.

By the way...no mufflers on for the video.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/23/17 7:01 p.m.

Holy Crap. First the Lambo comes to life and now the Molvo moves under it's own power? This is an epic weekend for GRM board projects. Congrats!

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
7/23/17 8:10 p.m.

Stance in the grass is perfect.....I've slept since then, but what rims are those?

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
7/23/17 8:54 p.m.

Awesome! Milestone accomplished. Congrats!

Is that Mrs. NoHome who likes the way it sounds? Satisfied customer?

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
7/23/17 9:08 p.m.

Yeah that would be Mrs NOHOME.

Wheels are what I had kicking around. Not staying.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/24/17 7:51 a.m.
759NRNG wrote: ...but what rims are those?

Rota Slipstream or whatever other copy.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
7/24/17 7:58 a.m.
mblommel wrote:
759NRNG wrote: ...but what rims are those?
Rota Slipstream or whatever other copy.

Yeah, they are Rotas. Had them on the Protege. Surprisingly light wheels. They are a 40mm offset, gonna have to go to a 45 if I am going to keep the tires away from the bodywork and even that will require a roll.

The other option would be to throw the towel in on the stock Volvo bodywork and put some serious rubber on the car. The way the P1800 bodywork curls under the car, half the tire is visible from the front or rear of the car even when the tire is inside the top of the fender..

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
7/24/17 8:21 a.m.

Aww man, that is cool

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
7/24/17 8:59 a.m.
loosecannon wrote: Aww man, that is cool

Thanks!

But now I need to make a huge mental gearshift from "Fabrication Mode" into "Development Mode". How nice this thing eventually becomes is going to depend on me getting into a zone where I tackle the small(or big) things and don't balk at spending the time and $$$ needed to address things that are "not quite right".

What I really need is a track to put a few miles on this and see what falls off or heats up.

I think wiring is next on the list.

bentwrench
bentwrench Dork
7/24/17 9:27 a.m.

Well you don't need A/C yet!

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
7/24/17 9:29 a.m.

I'm excited!

I also can't wait to see the interior come together.

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/24/17 10:05 a.m.
NOHOME said: What I really need is a track to put a few miles on this and see what falls off or heats up.

Just trailer it to Toronto Motorsports park (Cayuga), make sure your brakes are solid and it's not going to drop fluid all over the track and you are good to go. It's $100 cash at the gate for 3 solid hours of track time in the evening or $180 for the day sessions from 10 am to 5 pm. Check their website for when they have open lapping to see what suits, it's usually a few days over the week and weekend. Full face helmet recommended if you don't have a windshield. Put a passenger seat in as well if you want someone to ride along. Some sort of brake light(s) would also be a good idea.

Grand Bend Motorplex is closer to you but their website makes me think they are a bit stricter with their open lapping and it looks like they do run groups rather than just open lapping (not great for sorting a car out). I've only run TMP but I'm planning on trying Grand Bend on August 10.

Good luck, it should be a lot of fun with it stripped down the way it is now. If you have any questions about the track or their lapping just ask, I've ran there around 10 times over the last couple of years and have had good experiences.

Adam

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
7/24/17 10:24 a.m.

Hey N, check out Skinny G's radiator shroud from a highway sign exercise on the FFly thread.....very well done.....and no a highway sign is not the required material, but should one have an old washa machine ala dusterbd13 that will work also.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
7/24/17 10:29 a.m.
Indy-Guy wrote: Is that Mrs. NoHome who likes the way it sounds?

I also heard her saying, "What's that noise?"

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
7/24/17 10:33 a.m.

The good news is that it seems happy to sit there idling for up to half an hour in the shop and never went over 190. So no immediate overheating issues.

I think grand-bend will work. How to get there is the question; sold the trailer!

petey
petey New Reader
7/24/17 11:25 p.m.

no worries.Graham will rent it back to you anytime I'm sure

1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 115

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8qJGAHYaCR7B3Es46d8BkpqzhWdbdCTO0CONiqWTKysyTZENAwtQiaCq2M1RJoCv