1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 115
NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
5/21/19 1:47 p.m.

The really good news is that there is not much that will keep me from a first drive as soon as I get a safety cert and plates on it. Fingers crossed that happens this week. I can drive around the block without the rear window in place. Side windows I need to get past the safety.

The PS indicator light is not here yet, but I have enough pieces to duct tape a close facsimile together that will blink convincingly enough to get my safety inspection. Interestingly, since the Miata is a Canadian version, I get daytime running lights in the form of running lights that are on all the time. Just like the Miata.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
5/21/19 8:15 p.m.

Pete,

Friend of mine has a Volvo P1800ES and he gets lots of odds and ends for his from a fellow on line. Try howie207@yahoo.com if you need stuff.

bigfranks84
bigfranks84 Reader
5/21/19 11:32 p.m.

Fitech seems to be a love hate deal.  I've known a few people personally that have used it. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground on it. People either seem to think it's garbage and yank it off or say it's the bees knees. 

Good progress though

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
5/22/19 6:10 a.m.

In reply to bigfranks84 :

I will admit to drinking a bit too much ot the marketing kool-aid when it comes to the Fitech. The thng is advertized as self learning, but what I am left wondering after spending a bunch of time setting mixtures and idle parameters  is "just what does it learn on its own". 

I think a Holley street avenger carb and a wideband O2 sensor would get most people 95% of the way to the same resu lt they will ever get with the Fitech for about half the cost.

On a separate note, hooked up the Miata tach. Of course it reads double but watching it zip to like 7 k is kinda fun. Since a tach is kinda pointless in an automatic transmission vehicle, I am tempted to leave it at 2x reading just for fun. Only instrument not working yet is the oil pressure and for that I am  still on the look-out for a NA oil sender unit that I can adapt to work with the Ford engine. If anyone has one in their spares pile for sale, please pm.

Pete

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
5/23/19 5:22 a.m.

Took the night off to go hang out at the Minion's shop caus I needed to get out of mine.

Since we are getting gooder at it, went and roped in a windshield for the international project. New window, but the haze seems reluctant to depart?!

Then I kinda drank up his beer while he was putting the final touches on this blower project he has been working on for a bit. Its done on a challenge budget so looking forward to seeing it come to life. Maybe this week-end.

Pete

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
5/25/19 12:33 a.m.

E36 M3y picture, but on the ground, rear window in,  and ready to roll out as soon as I put  a plate on tomorrow.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/25/19 5:43 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Looking forward to the report about your initial driving impressions.

MichaelYount
MichaelYount HalfDork
5/25/19 6:24 a.m.

Congrats!!!!  It's going to be exciting getting it out and about for the first time -- I'm sure will put a well-earned big grin on your face.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/19 6:30 a.m.

outstanding!!!  This should be captured on multiple videos from both inside and outside the car.  

ggarrard
ggarrard GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/25/19 7:32 a.m.

Perhaps a toasting of the “launch” with an appropriate beverage (and quantity) should be considered....

Cheers

Gordon

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/25/19 8:19 a.m.

Excited.

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
5/25/19 9:00 a.m.

REALLY looking forward to this! yes

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
5/25/19 1:33 p.m.

She is legal. And after a quick wash, drove around the hood, stopped at the Minions for a beer, and came home in a downpour.

I can report that she is relatively watertight.

WAY too noisy inside. As you accelerate, it sounds like an entire amplified Tuba section in the rear. Something needs to be done there. I'll drive it, no chance Mrs NOHOME will.

WTF is with the return springs on the Fitech? Seriously, I have been on gym equipment that gives me less of a  leg workout. 

Going to need to roll the rear fender lips.  I thought it was going to be OK, but the car settled over one inch on the drive and started to rub on both rear tires.  Bit of camber would help, but it gonna be Hella.

First time I have been able to stand back as take a look at the car since it was painted and assembled. I think it looks awesome.

I took the rear "gills" off because I have not found a way to fasten them and did not want to risk losing them.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/25/19 1:43 p.m.

That's just cool.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/25/19 2:29 p.m.

berkeley yeah!!!!

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/25/19 2:42 p.m.

Excellent work! 

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
5/25/19 2:46 p.m.

Beautiful! yes

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
5/25/19 3:17 p.m.

Nice!

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 New Reader
5/25/19 4:21 p.m.

Huge day, congrats! 

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
5/25/19 4:40 p.m.

A true thing of beauty and a joy a to behold .........................WELL DONE MAESTRO!!!!

Ok so this is 'done' what's next???? wink 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/25/19 4:51 p.m.

Woo hoo!

What do you think the noise is from? Exhaust? 

jfryjfry
jfryjfry HalfDork
5/25/19 4:54 p.m.

Well done, sir.  Hats off to you!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/25/19 5:21 p.m.

What did you do for the ppf delete on the rear? My solid mounted heim joint setup in the challenge car is horrendously loud.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/19 7:37 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

A decent ES is beautiful.  What you’ve made there, well, I’m really at a loss for words.  Remember Sophia Loren at her hottest?  Remember Raquel Welch at her hottest?  That’s how hot this car is.  Just stunning.  The world is a better place because of your craftsmanship.  Thank you.

MichaelYount
MichaelYount HalfDork
5/25/19 7:37 p.m.

Outstanding.  

Can't remember - what kind of mufflers?

1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 115

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GbK2wTZ47SuZ8hI0jLrlbQaDXKt7brBl6GaMnX6ztRdwJ85HeYqP90quoIelVM0q