1 2 3 4 5
mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
1/4/20 6:51 p.m.

Driving the GSR definitely is making me do bad behavior on the road. 

The 8000 RPM shifts on onramp is rampant of course.  But I have noticed a few people check out the car on the road.  Of course, you hardly see any Integra sedan on the road.  Only way you can tell its GSR is the VTEC badge under the rear tail light and the polished twisted wheels. While driving, of course you cant tell the wheels.

So I keep seeing people get behind me, becuase if you recall there is a “SPECIAL EDITION,” Integra, and the badge is exact and in the same place.  So I saw a GTI owner, slow down behind me, look at badge, and gave me thumbs up.  

Today 996 owner, doing exact same thing.  I am doing 80mph, 4000 rpm in middle lane 5th gear.  He gives me thumbs up, next to me, so I drop a gear (4th), get to 6000 rpm, and BAM at 110mph, and upshift to fifth.    Did this a few times, and man its fun.  175HP high revving in only 2500lbs, fun fun.Of course if this car was an automatic, it would be a dog

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
1/16/20 10:48 a.m.

Nothing new to report except that at 204k miles, shifter leather is slightly worn and the wipers are faded.

Not sure if I can just paint the faded wiper arms? 

oil change in about another 1000 miles, at 205k. 

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/16/20 1:44 p.m.

you can definitely pull the wiper arms off. hit them with some sandpaper and hit them with some gloss black to bring them back up to tip top shape.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
1/16/20 3:47 p.m.

Years ago when I worked for the local paper putting Monroney stickers on used cars at dealerships, I met the guys making a living supporting dealerships.  Pinstripers, detailers, car washers and bodywork folks that would freshen up used cars for the dealer.  The bodywork guys would lay a towel across the window, under the wipers, and just spray them real quick with flat black paint to freshen them up.  Obviously, taking them off and spending some time on them would look much nicer and probably last a lot longer.

I wonder if a local upholstery shop could recover that shift nob? 

-Rob

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
1/16/20 5:39 p.m.
spacecadet said:

you can definitely pull the wiper arms off. hit them with some sandpaper and hit them with some gloss black to bring them back up to tip top shape.

Thank you sir . Project for this weekend. Should it be gloss black or matt black?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
1/16/20 5:43 p.m.
rob_lewis said:

Years ago when I worked for the local paper putting Monroney stickers on used cars at dealerships, I met the guys making a living supporting dealerships.  Pinstripers, detailers, car washers and bodywork folks that would freshen up used cars for the dealer.  The bodywork guys would lay a towel across the window, under the wipers, and just spray them real quick with flat black paint to freshen them up.  Obviously, taking them off and spending some time on them would look much nicer and probably last a lot longer.

I wonder if a local upholstery shop could recover that shift nob? 

-Rob

THanks for the words Rob. I will definitely take the wipers off before painting smiley

Funny thing you mention about the shifter. I am contemplating that.  95-99 GSR come with synthetic leather. THe shift pattern is a "bit pushed down" on top as you see. You can buy them new all day at Honda dealer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-2001-Acura-Integra-Shift-Knob-DC2-LS-RS-GSR-Type-R-OEM-JDM-Honda-Gear-Shift/274192279001?epid=1241615350&hash=item3fd72225d9:g:4McAAOSwRy5eFlI7

The 00-01 GSR shift knob is discontinued by Honda. It is actually fully leather. I am being pedantic, but I rather keep them original, thus a visit to a old upholstery shop might be in order next week. 

Prelude SH shift knob is the same as mine (except it has a bit of red leather), and on Ebay those OEM are now $400. More than I care to pay for a shift knob.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
1/27/20 10:47 p.m.

Got tired of looking at faded wipers.

time to paint them 

though car looks fantastic without wipers. Makes it look hidden like my tsx wagon 

Sunday will be first  oil change in driveway 

3500 miles have been driven 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
2/4/20 9:41 p.m.

Nothing new to report 

driven it 4500 miles 

did oil change and tire rotation last night 

keep getting people asking me if I want to sell, and VW Gti/R vape bros wanting to race. They down shift and blow by me, when I don't engage 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
2/12/20 7:57 p.m.

5,000 miles completed since ownership today. Enjoying it thoroughly. Cheapest car in the fleet. Incredibly fun. Wearing 100 TW tires. Loving the handling.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/12/20 7:59 p.m.

Man that car is clean!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
2/12/20 8:14 p.m.
Slippery said:

Man that car is clean!

Thank you. Fits the fleet perfectly. Though the miles are incredibly high, everything on the car is original OEM, including the clutch. Not a single modification. Two tail lights were out, and both bulbs were changed at the dealer! HAH

This is what a 1 owner (older gentleman) fully garaged car (home and office) 19 years old, with miles same as Earth to moon traveled and back, but dealer serviced, no accidents (no paintwork, all vin on all panels), in CA looks like smiley 

Of course I am treating it just like owner 1 did, always garaged, and stock. Though I likely drive it much harder than owner 1, given my MPG vs his (gave me his notebook of every single fill up ever)

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
2/27/20 5:21 p.m.

No updates really. 27-28MPG is what I have been getting.

Car has been sitting for a week on the street. I have been driving my truck, doing backyard work https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/backyard-build-deckconcretepool/163253/page5/ (for those who are following) and closing on another house, to gain 3 car garage space. 

Looking good through the window

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
2/27/20 6:17 p.m.

What brand is that sensor simulator tool pictured on page 2 ? I'd like to add one of those to my arsenal.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/27/20 6:26 p.m.
Cousin_Eddie said:

What brand is that sensor simulator tool pictured on page 2 ? I'd like to add one of those to my arsenal.

I found this:

Simulator

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
2/27/20 6:27 p.m.
Cousin_Eddie said:

Mine is a Bosch/OTC 

which I love 

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
2/27/20 6:47 p.m.

In reply to Slippery :

Thank you.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
2/27/20 6:49 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
Cousin_Eddie said:

Mine is a Bosch/OTC 

which I love 

Thank you. The red case threw me off. I'm wanting the OTC but was hoping I had stumbled across another brand that was (hopefully) cheaper. I guess I'l just going to wind up springing for the OTC one at 240 bucks. It's one of those things I'd be hesitant to buy mail order any way except brand new.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
2/27/20 7:59 p.m.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie :

Brand new is way to go. Very handy tool 

everytime I come to this forum, I end up buying more tools. Curtis is one of the biggest culprits 

glad to see I can pay back and have someone else spend money for a change hah! 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/21/20 6:45 p.m.

No updates to report - car runs fantastic 

except, finally she gets a garage space. Made some new changes, so that all cars except the suv and truck, gets inside space. 

so acura being inside from today on- will keep the paint looking new for years to come 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
4/14/20 11:14 a.m.

Keep getting asked about this colour. Most people think its not a real GSR. 

Found the 01 Acura Brochure. Titanium Mettalic was a 2001 only colour, and it was a GS-R Sedan colour only. You could only have it with parchment leather interior.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/20/20 2:49 p.m.

My buddy just listed his for sale as well.  What do you think you would ask?

https://www.drivenmotorsllc.com/bhphvdp/16183385/Used-1996-Acura-Integra-GSR-Sedan-for-sale-in-Jacksonville-FL-32246

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
5/20/20 2:56 p.m.
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) said:

My buddy just listed his for sale as well.  What do you think you would ask?

https://www.drivenmotorsllc.com/bhphvdp/16183385/Used-1996-Acura-Integra-GSR-Sedan-for-sale-in-Jacksonville-FL-32246

thats the one you sold to him for $7k right? 

I am not sure. Need to think about it 

$6500? 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
5/20/20 4:20 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Yup.  He figured ask high and come down.  If he asks 7k he will end up around 6k.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
5/20/20 4:41 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

Thoughts on mine, price wise? 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
5/21/20 12:09 p.m.

My buddy sold his today for 7500 to a dealer. surprise

How many miles does yours have.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.