1 2
eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
8/1/16 8:05 a.m.

In reply to Madhatr:

That looks like a good start to fun build. I'm still working out an extreme low rider idea in my head right now. Hoping to find a smaller wagon to try it on.

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
8/1/16 10:30 a.m.

In reply to eastsidemav:

Find/build some small air bags you can pump up with a bicycle pump, and lay frame?

DragonWagon
DragonWagon
6/22/17 8:43 p.m.

How do I post a picture on here?

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
6/22/17 8:48 p.m.
DragonWagon wrote: How do I post a picture on here?

You'll need to host it somewhere else (like photobucket or smugmug), copy the direct link address, then when you are posting a message, there's a little camera icon when your posting you can click on, and copy the link. Unfortunately, the forum doesn't allow you to upload directly.

DragonWagon
DragonWagon New Reader
6/22/17 9:20 p.m.

Thanks. Check out my creation.

DragonWagon
DragonWagon New Reader
6/22/17 9:21 p.m.

I can't see the photos. Let me know if anybody else can.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/22/17 9:36 p.m.

I'm not seeing them either. Going to their address brings up a 404 error.

Are they on a private album by chance?

My wagon build thread We like wagons here

coexist
coexist New Reader
6/22/17 10:25 p.m.
DragonWagon wrote: I can't see the photos. Let me know if anybody else can.

Pretty sure that the file you are inserting needs to end in " .jpg "

DragonWagon
DragonWagon New Reader
6/22/17 11:07 p.m.

https://goo.gl/photos/1ymYFFhpHX8GueUp9" / try that link

DragonWagon
DragonWagon New Reader
6/22/17 11:08 p.m.

DragonWagon
DragonWagon New Reader
6/22/17 11:10 p.m.

DragonWagon
DragonWagon New Reader
6/22/17 11:10 p.m.

DragonWagon
DragonWagon New Reader
6/22/17 11:11 p.m.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
6/23/17 7:50 a.m.

Nice. What kind of engine is that?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/17 8:19 a.m.

Would you consider making a thread about that wagon? I have so many questions.

Is that a mini watts link? Before you got the pictures to show up, it took me to an album that had a close shot of the back if you're wondering where I saw it.

And where did you find those shocks?

DragonWagon
DragonWagon New Reader
6/23/17 4:11 p.m.

DragonWagon
DragonWagon New Reader
6/23/17 4:41 p.m.

I don't know how to add a new thread / post. If someone can let me know how to, I will. I can and will answer whatever you ask. I built it 100% from scratch with no plans, no advice and no internet samples. I started the build in 2008. I was in a bad motorcycle accident and was laid up for 8 months. It gets real boring when you just sit around. I am in the automotive business for 33 years now. I've worked on, built and helped out friends with countless amounts of car projects. I like different and thought of this. It's a standard Radio Flyer wagon. Threw away everything but the tub. The frame is 1" square tubing. The front shocks (coil overs) are what you see in mountain bike frames. You can buy them new. I live in the New Orleans area and there's a race shop about an hour and a half away. I bought the threaded tubes and rod ends to make a 4 link front suspension with a panhard rod (track bar - track locator). I originally had shocks on the rear also, but, since I didn't put a chain tensioner, it would throw the chain when the rear had excessive movement. So, I cut the shock end off and welded a tube inside of another tube for strength and welded the ends back on. The back rest is the only thing left from my motorcycle. I build the steering column and steering wheel. It pivots on 4 bearings. The engine came from Harbor Freight back in 2008. It's not what they sell now. This is a Greyhound 196cc engine. It's a 100% true Honda clone. Harbor Freight now sells a 212 cc that looks the same, but, the internals are different. I removed the governor, re-jetted the carburetor, cut out every other fin off the flywheel cooling blade and added the K&N filter. The rear axle, disc brake, chain, sprocket, front steering and front axle ends are all go kart parts. i bought it all new. Same with the front & rear wheels & tires. I had a clutch on the engine at first, but, I bought the torque-a-verter and it made a world of difference. I build the wheelie bars from 3/8' tubing and casters. I used some left over tubes and rod ends on them for adjustment and additional support. The were just for looks, but, after changing out the clutch to the torque-a-vertor, they were definitely needed. The throttle & brakes are on the steering wheel. It's bicycle levers and cables. I made the exhaust as well and wrapped it with the heat wrap material. It goes 40 mph like it sits. I'm right at 200 lbs. It'd be faster is had skinny kid was on it. LOL. I have 2 other sets of gears. I have a 65 tooth on it now. I have a 60 and a 78 tooth as well. But, it's fun to ride like it is and definitely a head turner.

DragonWagon
DragonWagon New Reader
6/23/17 5:47 p.m.

I started a new thread. Forums » Builds and Project Cars » Radio Flyer that hauls butt......

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8tg2xUSXlPp1VFkfghBTuYHkIw8cL8rQ1hxfyBfw337G1c3ufwhoSHAdD7CDkDz1