PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/19 4:50 p.m.

I bought this wagon last year for my daughter's 1st birthday but life got in the way so I wasn't able to do anything with it.  Well, coming around to the 2nd birthday I will have it ready before she won't like it. It's not going to be complex and just using stuff I had laying around and some 3/4" square tubing I bought. Here is today's progress. I forgot to take a before shot so it starts with the wagon disassembled and kind of mocked up.

TJL
TJL Reader
7/14/19 5:29 p.m.

A low stable wagon for a kid is a great idea. Making it look sweet is even better! 

I have a bigfoot “radio flyer” copy from HF. Its wider but still pretty tippy. I did already think about a motor for it..

Underpowered
Underpowered New Reader
7/14/19 7:40 p.m.

i've built a couple.   Have a 3rd one started.   Really need to get a Tub for it and start working on it again.  

love the modified radio flyers

PMRacing
7/16/19 7:53 a.m.

More progress last night.  It is now a roller.  Note, Miata parts were used in this build. Can you identify the steering bearing?

Need to secure the wheels (hitch pins or cotter pins), and preserve the patina.  Should I use gloss or satin clear?

PMRacing
7/18/19 8:04 a.m.

More progress last night. Pinned the wheels and cleaned the chassis up a bit.  Also scuffed the body in prep for some clear coat.

PMRacing
7/24/19 8:19 p.m.

And I think I'm done!

PMRacing
8/1/19 9:25 a.m.

The birthday girl enjoying her new wheels!

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
8/1/19 8:22 p.m.

Clearly approved by little Miss Fabulous.  Great work Dad.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
8/2/19 10:46 a.m.

Sweet build!  I need to do another one again soon.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uVOTPh3dj8c5SYlokMFbUBRz0etPwe2qic8Kz9SAIbfqCqsUsyJQbgZzOmLwCQpr